PDA

View Full Version : Ship Bands

john970
02-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I have my first upcoming cruise on the Wonder. I have been on many lines (RCCL, Carnival, NCL, Princess), and I have older kids. I am a little nervous about cruising Disney with older teens, but the boards have put me to ease as I am definitely looking forward to my upcoming cruise.

My one disappointment is that it appears that the Wonder (and I assume the Magic also) will NOT have a Caribbean/Reggae deck band playing the Caribbean favorites while tanning at the pool. Does anyone know why this is?

I was hoping to listen to some live Caribbean music onboard and at Castaway Cay, but I have been told that there's only DJ music, and I am disappointed, because I can listen to my ipod any day at home.

Thanks for the info and opinions!

stingmom
02-09-2009, 02:42 PM
the Wonder no loner offers live music entertainment. You have to splurge for the Magic for that.. :sad1:

Tink rules
02-09-2009, 03:38 PM
RELAX....

There is music playing EVERYWHERE... all the time...

You'll have a great time!!!!

Enjoy!!!

jcuzzort1026
02-09-2009, 05:13 PM
The last time we were on the Magic they had a live steel drum band by the Goofy pool one afternoon. They could have been there other days (we didn't spend a lot of time in the pools) but that is the only day I remember.

tvguy
02-09-2009, 06:33 PM
RELAX....

There is music playing EVERYWHERE... all the time...

You'll have a great time!!!!

Enjoy!!!

There is another thread on this. Live music on deck on the Wonder was eliminated several years ago.

iloveokw
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Troll - no DCL cruise booked, I bet pirate:

disney1990
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Even though there is no Deck Band, there is still live music on the ships.

luv that cruise
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
what is with the troll talk - what am i missing as this seems like a legitimate question? yes, years ago there was live music at the goofy pool. your post brought back happy memories. haven't seen it lately now that i think about it. The music is there, it's just not live. a day on the cruise is still magical for me.