PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice on booking our room Reservation or a Package

mermaidbride1108
02-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Ok, I really need to thank all of you girls (and Guys!) because I would really be lost and even more crazy than I am now! I don't really have a 'real person' so to speak (I hope you know what I mean by that, like a person I know outside of DIS!) who really understands decisions and discounts about Disney and can provide good advice about Disney.

Ok, so I really need all of your advice on this one because it's completely stressing me out. Sorry for the long post & desciption needed...I want you to have all the facts on what I am looking at.

DF & I are planning on staying August 28-30 (check out on the 30th) at All Star Movies (standard room) and then Check in to the Polynesian (Honeymoon Suite) on August 30-Sept 3. Total of 6 nights. Then 3 night Disney Cruise and comp night on Sunday, 9/6 at Grand Floridian.

These rooms including the Honeymoon Suite are already on our room block.

Now Disney usually offers Free dining during this time and I was told by a Travel Agent that there are 2 deals coming out from Disney during the time of my Wedding (she couldn't tell me what they are, of course). Also, rumor is that the 4/3 deal may be extended as well.

I was told by the Travel agent that Dining is only added if you buy a package, I was told I can buy a one day ticket and that's enough to get the Free dining added.

I have major stress because I'm lost as to what decision to make!!!! :sick:

Here's the Big Questions:

1)Do I book the rooms through the room block and forget about getting anymore discounts?

2) Or do I book a package so that I am able to take advantage of any discounts that may or may not come out?

Other factors to consider into the equation:

1) Dining plan is only worth it if it is Free ( I believe) because I would have to pay for the plan for the day and also add a one day ticket. Or is it worth it to get Dining Plan anyway even if I pay for it.

2) Possibility that no more discounts may come out

3) Since I have chosen to stay at a Suite at Poly, the Free Dining Plan & other discounts may not apply to the Suite rooms.

4) Since I have already chosen to include the Honeymoon Suite on my Room Block, I may HAVE TO book it through my room block since it's already blocked off. Not sure if I can get around this since I am actually the person booking the room and it's blocked for me.

PLEASE HELP! My PS is in 22 days and I really need to get these rooms booked. I have been putting it off for far too long.

I have been stressing about this for so long and my mom & DF can't understand why it's a big deal! I'm a really frugal person and smart shopper. I research any & all discounts before I buy anything online, plus I'm THAT GIRL who cuts out all her coupons everytime she goes shopping.

Please give your advice on what to do! Please let me know if there is any factors I'm missing that might affect my decision. I need your help! I would really appreciate it because I need to make a decision ASAP!

Thank you all!

:grouphug:

mermaidbride1108
02-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Anyone willing to help?:flower3:

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:11 PM
keep your room block, and if you get a better rate call disney directly and they will apply it to your ressie. HTH!

mermaidbride1108
02-09-2009, 07:38 PM
keep your room block, and if you get a better rate call disney directly and they will apply it to your ressie. HTH!

I was under the impression that once the ressie is booked under a wedding room block, Newer discounts cannot be applied?

tiggersam00
02-09-2009, 07:41 PM
disney will always accept the lowest rate, if you find a better rate just call and change it :)

mermaidbride1108
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Tiggersam - I was told by a travel planner at Mouse Fan Travel that they actually won't be able to apply the latest discount once you book through a room block

AlternateEgo
02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
I wish I could help you... I am also a very frugal person and avid couponer.

You will be going about a week before me... but there is an overlap in our times.

So, I have heard that the 3/4 was extended and that it possibly will extend again. Also, would Disney offer the FDP the past few years and then not offer it this time around? IDk

I plan to wait until 2nd week of April before booking my trip. When do you have to have your reservation placed for the block rate? If you can hold off until April, you will know whether it will be worth it. Also, I am thinking that by April they will mention if the 3/4 deal will be extended.

I am hoping for a PIN code cause we are staying at AKL. I would LOVE to get a suite, but I know our budget laughs at that thought, lol.

Really this is just a waiting game... I will wait until April... but Im also just doing a home wedding and Disneymoon.

BecBennett
02-09-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought that the rooms could still be booked through the room block, even if you're not using the discounts that they offer?

That's why on the boards here, some people will give their ressie numbers to brides to help them fill their room block?

mermaidbride1108
02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
I thought that the rooms could still be booked through the room block, even if you're not using the discounts that they offer?

That's why on the boards here, some people will give their ressie numbers to brides to help them fill their room block?

Hi! In that case, you're not actually booking through the room block, just applying your rooms. Disney allows bride & grooms to do this because guests sometimes choose a hotel that isn't listed on a room block.

However, in my scenerio I'm trying to figure out if I should use the room only discount or book a package & hope for a discount because of the time of my wedding

RachaelA
02-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Don't forget you would need to book separate packages for each type of room (one for the first 3 days and one for the last 3 days). To get free dining, you would need to book 2 one day tickets with each package so a total of 4 one day tickets (around $300). That's the only way to get free dining.

mermaidbride1108
02-10-2009, 10:50 AM
I just wanted to conclude this thread and let everyone know the verdict! I posted this thread on the Budget Board as well and got the same response that RachaelA had said.

If I want to get the Free Dining, I have to buy tickets for each hotel I stay at. First, I don't need tickets because I have an AP, and second it's starting to make it even more complicated.

So I decided I'm going to book with the Wedding Discount and purchase the Alice in Wonderland card too. And I'll keep a lookout for any codes that come around and see if Disney will let me apply them.

RachaelA - thank you for your help!

Everyone who responded, thank you so much!!!!!:grouphug: