PDA

View Full Version : vow renewels

luvmyfam444
02-09-2009, 02:02 PM
can you tell me about this? I just read on another forum where someone did thsi - but she didn't leave any info - I'm quite curious...

gradtchr
02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
What questions do you have?

I am looking at doing a VR for our 10 year anniversary although I have toyed with 5 year anniversary but I think I am close to ruling that one out. I love the idea of going back to Disney to celebrate. :)

Tink&PirateMama
02-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes, there are vow renewals at disney- you can get more information at disneyweddings.com, I suggest going there. There are two different types people seem to do, either wishes (which had a miminum spending requirement and room block- it seems to be for a larger event) and an escape event, which is more of a package, and is for 18 guests or less.

We are currently planning an escape vow renewal for Jan 2010 in celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary (which actually isn't until the end of 2010, but we are having it early, as we always go to florida in january or february, and we wanted it during our 10 year year, 2010- so it's sorta a kick off for our tenth year). It will be just us and our two children at the wedding pavillion, and adding on a dessert party at epcot. We can't wait! Having so much fun planning:)

In my signature there is a link to my planning journal and our website that has some information, but there are others on here that are much further along in the process (or already had their events) that have even more. I would go through and check them out.

You really can do so many different options and styles, from being at disney world, to being on a cruise ship... wishes brides can be in several Epcot locations, and Escape brides have a choice of several outdoor locations, and also the wedding pavillion. It's really incredible all the options!

Hope that helps!

LovelyPrincess432
02-09-2009, 02:27 PM
From what I've heard the vow renewals are similar to the Escape wedding, which is what I am looking at.

This is from the Disney Wedding Website:

Escape Vow Renewals start at approximately $4,500* and includes an organist and solo Violinist for the ceremony and the magical amenities package. For additional guests (up to 18 maximum) additional elements are at an additional cost. Some ceremony locations have a maximum occupancy of 10 guests total.

They also have larger packages too with more guests, but the minimum I think starts around $10,000

Tink&PirateMama
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
From what I've heard the vow renewals are similar to the Escape wedding, which is what I am looking at.

This is from the Disney Wedding Website:

Escape Vow Renewals start at approximately $4,500* and includes an organist and solo Violinist for the ceremony and the magical amenities package. For additional guests (up to 18 maximum) additional elements are at an additional cost. Some ceremony locations have a maximum occupancy of 10 guests total.

They also have larger packages too with more guests, but the minimum I think starts around $10,000

Yah- you can do a vow renewal either way- you can do wishes with the ten thousand minimum, or the escape package. It's totally up to what you want to do (and spend). They basicly treat a VR the same as a wedding.

Desnik
02-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Disney looks at a Vow renewal just like a wedding. Same packages, escape, wishes and custom. Only difference is the marriage license!;)

We are having a vow renewal at Disney. We are going with the Wishes package. We will have around 50 guests. Ceremony will be at the wedding pavilion and reception will be at the White Hall room and patio.(all are at the GF) Currently we are at around $14,000. That doesn't include linens, floral(decor like centerpieces, etc..), attire, photographer/videographer, hair/makeup, extra nights at the GF, dress pressing, officiant, or cake.

So that almost $14,000 does get me the ceremony location, 4 course sit down dinner and reception site for 50 people, Cindy's coach for our transportation to the wedding pavilion. Also includes limo, and motor coach to transport our guests the day of, string quartet for entertainment, Mickey Mouse for special appearance, bouquet for me, boutonnieres for DH, and DS, and bouquet for DD.

Here are a few sites for some info on the differences between packages:
www.mouseweddings.com
http://www.********************/ftw/wdw/index.html

Let me know what specific questions you have. I am right in the middle of planning! Our VR is on Nov. 9th. Here is a link to my PJ:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2022716

luvmyfam444
02-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info...I don't know WHAT I was thinking to even inquire about this! :confused3 I should have known if its Dis it would be a fortune! LOL we looked into the wedding 15 yrs ago & knew we couldn't do it (for such a large guest list) & I don't know why I think we could do it NOW! :eek: ANd this time around we don't have any friends!

Besides I'm not sure I'm gonna make it to 15 yrs with him yet...LOL maybe I SHOULD find a way to do this it may buy more time..:rolleyes1

DisneyDmbNut
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
I had a Disney Cruise VR and it was $1500 over the cruise. If you sail in September or October, you could spend less than $4500 for the whole thing!