PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2009 CAT 12 - Your Opinion?

NCDISFAM
02-09-2009, 10:19 AM
We have been on 5 previous Disney Cruises and have managed to avoid high season on each one. This year however we are looking at the 7day Western on August 8. I called DCL directly yesterday and got the following quote -Two CAT 12 staterooms for 3 adults and 2 children, total fare $6224. Even though that sounds like a lot compared to what we have paid for off season cruises it looks pretty decent for an August cruise. To all of you other DCL regulars, how does that sound? I have until Friday to book. Should I go with it? Also, should I consider transferring to a TA to get stateroom credit? I prefer dealing directly with Disney but maybe it is worth moving the reservation for a couple hundred bucks. Thanks for your help.

TonytheWop
02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
We have been on 5 previous Disney Cruises and have managed to avoid high season on each one. This year however we are looking at the 7day Western on August 8. I called DCL directly yesterday and got the following quote -Two CAT 12 staterooms for 3 adults and 2 children, total fare $6224. Even though that sounds like a lot compared to what we have paid for off season cruises it looks pretty decent for an August cruise. To all of you other DCL regulars, how does that sound? I have until Friday to book. Should I go with it? Also, should I consider transferring to a TA to get stateroom credit? I prefer dealing directly with Disney but maybe it is worth moving the reservation for a couple hundred bucks. Thanks for your help.

It sounds a little expensive compared to my 2 CAT 9 for 2 adults and 3 kids for $4950 less $150 OBC. :confused3
I'm sailing Aug.29 Eastern.

stingmom
02-09-2009, 01:32 PM
we never pay more than $100p/p p/d, no matter which line we go on, including Disney. Your quote sounds a little pricey to me. Is the a phone in price or on-line? Sometimes you can get different quotes when you call. That is how we got an extra cruise this year. I was unable to get the Florida resident rate for the 4/4 sailing on-line, so I called DCL and they found me a room immediately. :yay: Good luck to you! Remember, if you don't ASK about discounts, you never get them!

NCDISFAM
02-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Yep, looks like we are paying $1000 more to go before school starts back. I guess this is supply/demand economics. Thats this issue when you have two kids in school, one in college, and a teacher spouse. Going later in August is not an option for us. Guess I will go ahead and book the $6224 fare. Looks like peanut butter and jelly lunches for the next couple of months...

TonytheWop
02-09-2009, 01:38 PM

It sounds a little expensive compared to my 2 CAT 9 for 2 adults and 3 kids for $4950 less $150 OBC. :confused3
I'm sailing Aug.29 Eastern.

Carlnne
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I am on the same cruise- one cat 11 for myself and 2 teens. It is pricey (over 4000) but like you - I have one starting high school and one continuing college (and I too am a teacher) so I could not sail any later than that date. We probably wont get the chance to travel much as they grow even older- so to me it will be worth it.