PDA

View Full Version : Bridal Party Gifts

tinkabella627
02-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Can anyone give any suggestions for groomsmen gifts? We aren't having our wedding in Disney (I wish I was..). I found great gifts for my girls, but the guys gifts are so blah!

Jen-N-Troy
02-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi how are you...Congrats on your wedding. I am getting married on July 4th 09. I also wish I was having a disney wedding, however I am just as excited about going to Disney for our honeymoon. We actually ordered our gifts today. Mens Warehouse which is the company associated with davids Bridal for tuxs. Now has engraved gifts. We ordered my brother who is a smoker a engraved zippo lighter. My future father in law a pocket watch engraved. but these are just examples the have really cute items. website is WWW.TMWENGRAVEDGIFTS.COM. worth checking out. If anything maybe it will give you some ideas.

Hope this helps

Jen

tinkabella627
02-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks I just looked but nothing seems to stand out. The problem is, none of the guys are business guys. One is a cop, one a marine, one a who knows what (a free spirit), and the other works for a high end hotel, and a jr groomsman. It is real difficult. If we lived in the area and were getting married at a different time, he would have gotten them all tickets to a Bills game so they could all go together. But since we dont live there and arent getting married during football season, that doesnt work.

DinahInWonderland
02-08-2009, 08:46 PM
We are getting all of our guys pocketwatches from Things Remembered. (http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_9951_604370_-1_1?fcref=)
Maybe not the most useful gift for everyday, but they are something special that they will all hold on to and remember. It's general enough that it fits our banker, our free spirit, our web site designer, and our marine.

ETA: The watches are a bit pricey but there are 20% off codes floating around on the internet.

tinkabella627
02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Our guys are all sporty so I think we might get them sports jerseys... not useful for the wedding (but who is REALLY ever going to use those cuff links again anyways) but something they will get use out if. Except that one free spirit... still not sure what we will get him.

Jen-N-Troy
02-09-2009, 06:45 AM
I did the same thing..My brother is a smoker so I got him a engraved zippo with his name and the wedding date. 2 of my groomsman are older relatives. grandfather and stepdad so I got my grandfather a engraved pocketwatch and my stepdad who works at a office and engraved pen. I got my dad a pocketwatch engraved with the father daughter song we are dancing to. Nothing they can really use during the wedding, maybe the pocketwatch. but I tried to find something that I could get them and still engrave so they will always remember our appreciation to them for being in the wedding. My trouble is my ringbearer. My flowergirls got pearl necklaces from the claires store at the mall but what do you get a 5 yr old boy?

GlobalDiva
02-09-2009, 09:05 AM
We gave the groomsmen Swiss Army Knives that we got on Amazon for a little over $30. They all loved them :thumbsup2

tinkabella627
02-09-2009, 09:51 AM
So far we got ours a little football that says ringbearer on it. Our original plan was to take the kids to Build a Bear (do you have those near you?). I am not sure what else we are going to get him since he is only 3, but it certainly doesn't have to be anything engraved. Though I have seen those engraveable yo-yos if you wanted to get one of those.

receptionist
02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
My daughter had the groom's 3 year old nephew as their ring bearer. They made him a teddy bear from build a bear workshop and dressed it in a little tuxedo which you can buy there. They called it the "ring bear" and he absolutely loved it!!!!!

CoP Luv
02-09-2009, 10:20 AM
We got our groomsmen Bocce Ball sets. They are all sporty and love the outdoors so it was a big hit. Also, DH made them all photo collages of pictures of him and each groomsmen...they all loved those too!

gradtchr
02-09-2009, 12:02 PM
We only had one but we gave him a dartboard as it was something we knew he really wanted but didn't have.

Jen-N-Troy
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
The build a bear is a great Idea!!!
:thanks: :disrocks:

Malibelle
02-10-2009, 12:57 PM
We got our groomsmen and ring bearer Oneshare stocks of Disney and they all had a plaque on them with a special saying. They have all kinds of stock like sports companies, home depot, beer companies. Oneshare.com