PDA

View Full Version : Hair and Makeup help!

TiggerificSox
02-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Can hair for 12 and makeup for 4 be done in 3 hours?

BecBennett
02-08-2009, 04:36 AM
I suppose it would depend on how many people you have doing the work?

Every time I've had my hair done, it's taken at least an hour just for me - and that's not really for anything special... But I do generally have medium to long hair.

So my guess, is no, it's probably not long enough... :confused3

OceanGdss
02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
we had 5 hair and 2 makeup with 3 workers, took 3 hours

Puffpatty
02-08-2009, 10:07 AM
That's how many girls I had done when all was said and done, and the limo was waiting for us at 8:45am. I worked with LeJeune and I absolutely loved Patricia, Kristy and her other worker.

They got to the room a bit after 4am and were wrapping it up by 8...so while its not the 3 hours exactly you might be looking for, remember its quality, not speed that you want.

GlobalDiva
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't think 3 hours is enough for that. Before styling the hair, the stylist usually flat- or curl-irons or blowdries it in some way first and doing that already takes a little while, especially if you've got someone with wavier or curly hair. Then there's the actual styling that'll take a while if you're doing an updo, especially if the person's hair is longer... I would allow about 4 hours for everything if you have a few people working at the same time.

I had 2 hair people and 1 makeup person. We did 12 hair and 10 makeup and it took us a little over 5 hours. In my case, I had a couple of with short hair. Some of my girls did updos, and others wore their hair down.

Hope that helps!

Skylarr29
02-08-2009, 12:45 PM
You will need more time. Also, remember that if you run late your whole day could run late and also you may miss your photos before the ceremony. We ran late because I was way too relaxed and we didn't end up taking any photos with bridesmaids/groomsmen because we were doing a reveal and we only had time for a handful of posed portraits together.