PDA

View Full Version : Need help decorating Concrete Block Building

CinderelliT
02-08-2009, 12:28 AM
Ok, this is not a disney related question, but a wedding one. My mom just announced that she is getting married on Valentine's Day, and she is having a reception/party the following weekend!! :faint:
Now she wants me to decorate her reception and it is in a building that is all CBS (concrete block) If any of you have tried to ever stick anything up on the wall, you will know that it doesn't stick. You can't nail it or tack it up. What do I do????!!! :scared:
If anyone has any suggestions, I really, really need them!!!!
Thanks;)

BecBennett
02-08-2009, 04:48 AM
It's hard to say anything, without knowing exactly what the building looks like, but here's my suggestion:

It's a bit easier for me, because I'm decorating a marquee, but I'm draping tuile from the corners around it, and then putting clear fairy lights in amongst the tuile, so it glitters and shines and stuff.

Maybe you could use rope or something like that to attach it here and there, or even just tie the ends to what ever's available...?

I'd offer to show you photos of what it turns out like, but my engagement party is the same weekend as your mum's reception...

Best of luck!

ColeV
02-08-2009, 08:25 AM
What about those removable plastic hooks that adhere to just about anything (where you pull the tab to remove them)? You could hang fabric like tulle or chiffon, framed pictures on long ribbons, or even words/sayings around the room. Make it like an art gallery!

CinderelliT
02-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Those are great ideas. I am going to go look for the hooks today when I go to the store. Thanks so much!!:goodvibes

tnkr mom
02-09-2009, 10:40 AM
We used those 3M Command hooks to hang tulle, lights etc at a shower in a hall that had walls we could not duct tape, nail or otherwise distroy! Sorry dont have pics; back when I had a 35mm camera but those hooks worked well. Like the ones you hang things with for temporary holiday decorations, stocking, etc. put on and then they peel off. I have had one hanging a wreath on tile in our bathroom for a few years now and has never fallen off. Good luck let us know!!!!

RangerPooh
02-09-2009, 11:14 AM
If you are trying to afix something that is made of paper or possibly very lightr weight you could also try poster putty. But I too suggest the 3m temporary hooks. Are there any rafter beams that things can be hung from?

CinderelliT
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
No rafter beams, but I am going to try the hooks. There are also some door frames that I can tack stuff too, so hopefully between that and the hooks, I should be ok! Thanks for the ideas. :goodvibes I have never tried the hooks before, so I will go get some and try them out before the big day.