PDA

View Full Version : Come on Disney, I just want a decent rate!

Captain's Wife
02-07-2009, 07:39 PM
FINALLY, I convinced my mom that she and I could make a quick drive down in March, taking my youngest and my niece, staying four nights. My mom hasn't been there in 15 years and my niece was there for a grand total of four hours a couple of years ago.

I checked AP discounts three days ago, and called, and there was room at POP and Sports. I should have put a five-day hold on it, I know I should have, but we were still figuring out the money and timing and...

ERGH. Called last night and tonight to book and there is NOTHING at the Values with either an AP or even the current GP discount. Zip, zilch, nada. So now the virtual first-timers are all pumped up about staying on site and it looks like I'm going to be calling every flippin' morning this week to see if anything opened up.

We're going regardless, because this winter is making me NUTS and we already have our APs, but with Orlando hotels as cheap as they are, there's no way I'm paying peak rack rate for a Value. Bad enough I was going to have to for the Friday night. We'll stay offsite...and eat offsite...and maybe even shop offsite...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed - maybe their "system work" that they were doing this morning just has the database mucked up a bit. What do you think?

Shelley

wmah
02-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I have never stayed in a hotel on Disney property. Couple years ago I did a days inn and was happy with it. I never expect a hotel to be perfect. Last year I did the Howard Johnson (6051 W Irlo Bronson Hwy) and liked that even better.
I brought my propane skillet grill with me and made pancakes in the parking lot a couple times with no problem. I also brought my own microwave and cooler as I was in a wheelchair room that didn't have one in there I knew this before going there. They also don't have any free food in the morning either.

I was in the back building and couldn't catch the wireless signal from there had to go to office if I wanted it, but I didn't need it as I had a sprint air card. On the plus side we had a north view and could see fireworks coming from MGM park (hollywood name bad). And our drive to the parks was no more than 15 to 20 minutes which most of that was in the Disney property. I would stay there again without thinking about it as the price around the 40 to 50 price range.

Also keep in mind you have a view weeks to look through the different hotel sites to see what is there and how much they are. This is just where I would go as it's location is pretty good for the price and the hotel price off sets the parking charge by Disney.

britney1
02-08-2009, 02:07 AM
thats always good :)

McKelly
02-08-2009, 06:10 AM
I feel the same way. We decided awhile ago and managed to book AS-Music with an AP rate. Then yesterday my mom and dad announced they wanted to go, so I tried to book a value at an AP rate - gone. A mod at an AP rate - gone. 4/3 - gone. But they could offer me rack rate at mods and up. Two rooms at a mod (but my parents wanted to be together) - $3500.00. Since this was supposed to be a budget trip for us, this will be the first time we are off-site. A 4 bedroom home in Windsor Palms - 1200.00.

Somewhat OT, the thing that really irritates me is that "on-line" it showed that there were rooms available with an AP discount, putting it in our price range. But when you go throught the ENTIRE booking process, it said, please call there is a problem with this reservation. So I called in and they said we don't have any AP rates available for any values or mods, we only have cabins and AKL. Fine, I know it is late for a reservation. But I asked why do they still show up on-line, it is very misleading because it looks like you can still get the AP rate. The values showed up as not availabe, however the mods showed up, at the AP rate. She said that is to show you what it could be priced at, in case you want to come in the future. What the heck!!!!! That just made me angry, making me not want to come there in the future!!!! It is like giving it to you and then taking it back!! Evil!! Oh well, now I am off-site, who knows, maybe I will love it and won't ever be back on-site!