PDA

View Full Version : For Those of You Who Had a Brunch Reception

KStarfish82
02-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm considering doing a brunch reception. It is cheaper and has a nice variety of items.

I want to know if any of you added items on to make it more like lunch-ish? What did you serve at cocktail hour?

Any and all info is helpful!

KStarfish82
02-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Bump

lurkyloo
02-08-2009, 08:20 PM
We tried less brunch-ish food at our planning session (appetizers like crab rangoon and bacon-wrapped scallops, plus a steak and a chicken dish) but ultimately went with breakfast cuz it was cheaper and had less of a chance of being screwed up. However, Disney has lots of lunch-ish options. If you need ideas, you might check out the menus of the WDW restaurants that serve lunch to see what kinds of food they serve.

Instead of cocktail hour, we served the pastries, yogurt and fruit from our brunch reception menu during the pre-reception time, along with the juices on our menu and a soda & water package. That way it didn't cost us anything but the extra time on our beverage package.

monana
02-08-2009, 10:58 PM
We had brunch at our wedding.
We did a mixture of breakfast and lunch food. We had guest from hawaii to texas that went to florida. So we had to account for all the time zone difference that would effect what they would want to eat. Plus some of our guest from seattle were there for about 5 days before the wedding. So at 11am florida time they were ready for lunch type food. So that's something to consider. umm... for pre-reception items we did patries for drinks, there was juices and coffee. a lot of people had coffee, not just cuz were from seattle but our ceremony did start at 9 am so that would be 6 am seattle time plus whatever time everyone woke up to get ready.
Good luck deciding what to do. But I would say try all the lunch items at your planning session. Breakfast items pretty much tasted like all the breakfast resturants around Disneyworld.