PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the $200/$500 gift card yet?

OneTreeHillAddict
02-07-2009, 12:27 AM
We have the $500 gift card offer and I was considering it for May. We booked the 4/3 for March and they told me the $200 gift card could not be used for dining. Has anyone gotten this card? Did it work for dining? Were all could you use it?

I'm asking because the $500 gift card offer says for me to go to DisneyGiftCard.com for more information and complete details. Well, that one says I can use it for dining!? (Or even for booking another room!) Which in our case would be prefect since we go in August. I could use the $500 to pay for that. I'd like to hear from someone who has actually went and used one of these promos.

Thanks! :goodvibes

dusty-the-disneydad
02-07-2009, 01:39 AM
I am wondering the same thing. I just booked a surprise trip for my wife and son's birthday in April and asked the CM on the phone but he had no idea which concerned me.

Luv2Roam
02-07-2009, 10:27 AM
If it is a gift card, it's just like one you can buy at the counters, I think. They can be used almost anywhere. (Not sure about those food carts. And some probably are set up for those too.)
There were some offers with merchandise cards. Now those are probably limited to just that -- merchandise.
But gift cards I think can even be used on disneyshopping.com. But don't quote me. ;)
I read the back of a gift card and there is very little limitations that I recall.
As far as I know a gift card can be used for the $200 deposit on say a bounceback package. It just cannot be used on your current res that you rec'd the gift card under.

lgjjp
02-07-2009, 11:01 AM
We just returned last week. We got the 200 gc. the papers that we got said it could be used for food, but at checkin they told us no it could not. they told us to charge meals to our room keys and then use the gc to pay the room key at checkout. However we were able to use it for ts and cs meals plus merchandise.

Sandisw
02-07-2009, 11:02 AM
I think that the reference about dining had to do with the dining plan. You can not use the $200 card to offset the cost of purchasing the dining plan (since you don't get it until you arrive and the dining plans have to be paid for in advance).

But once you are in WDW, I believe that you can use it for anything, including food.

OneTreeHillAddict
02-07-2009, 11:43 AM
This is what I'd like to do. I am going in August. When we go in March we will get a $200 gift card. If I book for May I will get the $500 gift card. I'd like to use both to pay for my August trip. Sounds like it can be done! If so...it kind of makes the May trip cost $252 for 5 nights and one theme park base day ticket. That's not a bad deal!

I'd still like to know if anyone actually used the card to pat for a future trip...if you have let us know. Thanks to everyone else...I'm happy to hear it can be used for food and not just merch! :goodvibes

jemgumby
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
We just returned last Saturday and we did the buy 4 get 3 free promo and we used our $200 gift card for food with no problems. I believe the other offer for the $500 card is a merchandise voucher, which is different than a regular gift card. The gift card we received upon check in looked just like a regular gift card you can buy at any Disney store and upload money on it.

newsliner1
02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
we also used the $200 gift card last week. we used to pay for breakfast at crystal palace and ohana. we also used it at the food carts and counter service restaurants. it is just like a gift card you would buy. we used it all i wasnt sure how long it was good for. (if it expired at the end of your trip or not?)

dischick4778
02-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I was wondering about this too. We just booked the $500 gc deal and were hoping to use the card for food. I don't think it said anything about being a merchandise only card. It just said gift card. Anyone used the $500 card yet?