PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining? regular dining plan

missDisneylady
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I was just wondering if the free dining referred to the regular free basic plan.
1 counter service
1 table service
1 snack

RMulieri
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Yes

missDisneylady
02-07-2009, 02:47 AM
It states that it covers 2 adults, one junior, and one child. I assume a junior is over 10 but under 17, so I further assume that would still technically be an adult dining plan for the junior. Correct me if my assumptions are inaccurate. Okay, my other guest will be an 11. Would they just upgrade that to an adult with me paying the difference between the two? Finally, I'm considering getting the annual pass because we may make 2 visits this year and one next year. Can I still get the free dining? I know that you usually have to buy at least one day park ticket. Surely that wouldn't be required if you are an AP.

aubriee
02-07-2009, 05:12 AM
It states that it covers 2 adults, one junior, and one child. I assume a junior is over 10 but under 17, so I further assume that would still technically be an adult dining plan for the junior. Correct me if my assumptions are inaccurate. Okay, my other guest will be an 11. Would they just upgrade that to an adult with me paying the difference between the two? Finally, I'm considering getting the annual pass because we may make 2 visits this year and one next year. Can I still get the free dining? I know that you usually have to buy at least one day park ticket. Surely that wouldn't be required if you are an AP.

Afraid so! I have an AP, have gone every year for free dining, and always have had to buy at least a one day MYW park ticket for everyone in the room. (Heck, I have a reservation for May for the 4/3 deal and also had to buy a one day ticket for it.) I have a whole stack of those one day tickets.:rotfl2: You will also have to pay rack rate for that free dining room.

As far as the 11 y/o he counts as a junior for the room, but will received the adult DDP. You will not have to pay any extra for his.

Luv2Roam
02-07-2009, 09:13 AM
As far as I know "junior" only makes any kind of impact on the room charge. A junior would not be charged an extra adult nightly fee.
There is no junior specific pricing on tickets or dining plans.

There are ticketless packages for AP-ers. Howver I do not know of a free dine ticketless package for AP-ers.
So for free dine, each person in your group will need to buy a minimum of a one day base ticket.
(Buy the one day passes required and then upgrade to APs at a park.)

missDisneylady
02-07-2009, 11:20 AM
My bad, I mean I have 2 11 y/o. So one will get the adult dining, but since the offer includes 1 junior and 1 child; I'm assuming that I will have to pay to upgrade the other 11 y/o from child to adult.

Mrs Grumpy
02-07-2009, 01:24 PM
My bad, I mean I have 2 11 y/o. So one will get the adult dining, but since the offer includes 1 junior and 1 child; I'm assuming that I will have to pay to upgrade the other 11 y/o from child to adult.

The offer just gave you a example price based on that type of situation. Should apply to anyone in your group.

missDisneylady
02-07-2009, 01:37 PM
The offer just gave you a example price based on that type of situation. Should apply to anyone in your group.

Ok. Thanks a lot. That makes me want to take advantage of it even more. That's an incredible savings.