PDA

View Full Version : Ceremony Music with violinist questions

vfinder1
02-05-2009, 09:15 PM
We are planning on having a violinist at our wedding during the ceremony and for the pre-reception. For those who have had a violinist at your wedding or plan on having one what songs did you use?

Prelude/ seating?

Mothers Entrance?

Officiant and men's entrance?

Brides Entrance?

Unity/ Rose Presentation?

Recessional/ Exit?

Even if you didn't have a violinist what songs did you use? We are having a hard time deciding. Also how many songs did you need to choose?

Wish on a Star
02-07-2009, 01:23 AM
I havent gotten that far in my planning yet, but this might help

http://www.********************/ftw/songs.html

Lorelei528
02-07-2009, 07:22 AM
We finally just picked our music!! We are having an Escape, so we don't get as many tunes, but this is what we're going with..

Maid of Honor entrance: What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

Bride entrance: So This is Love

Recessional: God Only Knows the Beach Boys

Cake Cutting: All you Need is Love The Beatles

First Dance: A Whole New World

Hopefully they'll sound ok on violin!!

gemmybear83
02-07-2009, 07:56 AM
We finally just picked our music!! We are having an Escape, so we don't get as many tunes, but this is what we're going with..

Maid of Honor entrance: What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong

Bride entrance: So This is Love

Recessional: God Only Knows the Beach Boys

Cake Cutting: All you Need is Love The Beatles

First Dance: A Whole New World

Hopefully they'll sound ok on violin!!

Great choices!:)

Petals & Pixie Dust
02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I was worried about the whole violinist playing certain songs too...but I watched Toni's wedding and I have to tell you-I was pretty impressed with the music. I think the violinist did a great job!
that's just my 2 cents :rotfl2:

MegKate
02-07-2009, 06:10 PM
We're having a pianist and violin player for the ceremony, so I bought the sheet music for most of this and either transposed it into the proper key, or the website had an autotransposer.

Prelude/ seating? All those Disney songs... "So This is Love", "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?", "Beauty and the Beast" etc

Mothers Entrance? "Wedding Song (There is Love)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2UtgzBTiEE

Officiant and men's entrance? "Answer" by Sarah McLachlan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVOu47ib9s8

Brides Entrance? "At my Most Beautiful" by R.E.M.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhm0ePCjis&feature=related

Unity/ Rose Presentation? "Beautiful" by Wayne Brady and Jim Brickman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS9GH8XX3Ew

Recessional/ Exit? "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts arrangement by the O'Neill Brothers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGJbIew7Jt0&feature=PlayList&p=756E3DC1ECFACE99&playnext=1&index=1

I put the links up for YouTube versions of what will be played. R.E.M. is my favorite band - probably more of an obsession - lol! So I had to have "At My Most Beautiful" to walk down the aisle. The song itself has a strong piano base and then we'll use the violin for the melody. I've tried it out using MIDI and it sounds great!

Oh yeah and our first dance is "I'll Be Loving You Forever" by the New Kids on the Block and then at 3 minutes in, we Rick Roll everyone! Should be fun!

meryll83
02-15-2009, 04:40 AM
I was worried about the whole violinist playing certain songs too...but I watched Toni's wedding and I have to tell you-I was pretty impressed with the music. I think the violinist did a great job!
that's just my 2 cents :rotfl2:

Where did you find the violinist bit in Toni's wedding - do you have a link?

I could only find the sneak peek with the piano music that STVS put over the top......

BLT_BobbyComics
02-15-2009, 12:31 PM
*****SORRY THIS IS DISNEYBRIDE TONI**** I POSTED ON BOBBY'S NAME...LOL

I loved my violinist!!! I can't remember her name though...LOL. I was a little worried about what the music would sound like with the violin but it was actually perfect.

I had:

Prelude: Disney songs (anything she wanted to play)

Mothers: Jesu, Joy of Men's Desiring

Men: Can you Feel the Love Tonight

MOH: A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Bride: Canon in D

Sand Ceremony: Candle on the Water

Recessional: A Whole New World

First Dance: At Last by Etta James

Father and Daughter: Daddy's Little Girl

Mother and Son: You Raise me Up, Josh Groban

I was also worried that the songs of the dances would sound stupid being played by a violin but the were perfect!! You knew exactly what the songs were when they were played. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have to provide any music. Also, during the reception, I had her playing and she was playing songs from broadway musicals, disney songs, and even Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Nice mellow music. It was really cute when she played the Mickey Mouse Club song when Mickey and Donald came in!

Petals & Pixie Dust
02-15-2009, 12:37 PM
*****SORRY THIS IS DISNEYBRIDE TONI**** I POSTED ON BOBBY'S NAME...LOL

I loved my violinist!!! I can't remember her name though...LOL. I was a little worried about what the music would sound like with the violin but it was actually perfect.

I had:

Prelude: Disney songs (anything she wanted to play)

Mothers: Jesu, Joy of Men's Desiring

Men: Can you Feel the Love Tonight

MOH: A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Bride: Canon in D

Sand Ceremony: Candle on the Water

Recessional: A Whole New World

First Dance: At Last by Etta James

Father and Daughter: Daddy's Little Girl

Mother and Son: You Raise me Up, Josh Groban

I was also worried that the songs of the dances would sound stupid being played by a violin but the were perfect!! You knew exactly what the songs were when they were played. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have to provide any music. Also, during the reception, I had her playing and she was playing songs from broadway musicals, disney songs, and even Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Nice mellow music. It was really cute when she played the Mickey Mouse Club song when Mickey and Donald came in!

Your violinist was amazing!

meryll83
02-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Your violinist was amazing!
I've just clicked, did you actually watch the wedding on the day? I was thinking you'd seen it on a video!

Toni,
Thanks for the reassurance, we did a bit of hunting on iTunes yesterday, and I discovered some pretty cool songs done by violins, so I think we're set to get our final choices sorted now!

Petals & Pixie Dust
02-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I've just clicked, did you actually watch the wedding on the day? I was thinking you'd seen it on a video!

Toni,
Thanks for the reassurance, we did a bit of hunting on iTunes yesterday, and I discovered some pretty cool songs done by violins, so I think we're set to get our final choices sorted now!

Check out Vitamin String Quartet. They have some GREAT current music all done in string quartet (obviously) They even have Queen! So, if you're looking for that instrumental time while people are eating...I totally suggest this! :thumbsup2

tinks_1989
02-17-2009, 06:58 AM
For an escape wedding is there only a limited amount of songs you can have. I dont mean the violonost cant play many what i mean by it are they only aloud to play a certain amount of songs for you

meryll83
02-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Check out Vitamin String Quartet. They have some GREAT current music all done in string quartet (obviously) They even have Queen! So, if you're looking for that instrumental time while people are eating...I totally suggest this! :thumbsup2
These are the people that I found that convinced me violin music can be cool!!
For an escape wedding is there only a limited amount of songs you can have. I dont mean the violonost cant play many what i mean by it are they only aloud to play a certain amount of songs for you
Is this a time limit e.g. half an hour, or an actual song limit?
I wondered actually how long the violinist is present...

tiggersam00
02-17-2009, 09:13 AM
MegKate Oh yeah and our first dance is "I'll Be Loving You Forever" by the New Kids on the Block and then at 3 minutes in, we Rick Roll everyone! Should be fun!

Ummm, all I have to say is amazing... totally awesome Meg!:lmao:

meryll83
02-17-2009, 12:24 PM
What's Rick Roll-ing?