PDA

View Full Version : Who managed to get to work today?

PaulaSB12
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I looked at the road and assumed that it was only bad on the side roads, by the time I found out how bad it was on the a14 I couldn't get back to my home because the return side of the road was blocked off so managed to stagger to work (and only a minute late!) but came home 2 hours early to get home in the light.

http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Northamptonshire-roads-affected-by-snow.4949082.jp

Natasha&Matt
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
im ok as i only live across the road from work x :thumbsup2

Goofysmate
02-05-2009, 11:34 PM
nothing moved here yesterday either & has snowing again today :cheer2:

natalielongstaff
02-06-2009, 01:28 AM
my dh managed to get to Rugby :thumbsup2

Minniespal
02-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Sounds like a nightmare.

Jets fan
02-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Getting to work today was fun. I was woken up at 5.30am by a thunder storm and assumed that it was raining as rain usually accompanies thunder (or so I thought). I got up at 7am and found another 2ins of snow. I plodded to the train station in my snow boots and there was a limited service into London. Got to Paddington and walked in the slush to my office. All in all it took 2 hours as opposed to the 1 hour it usually takes, but I'm here:thumbsup2

Tina

Chilly
02-06-2009, 03:56 AM
Getting to work today was fun. I was woken up at 5.30am by a thunder storm and assumed that it was raining as rain usually accompanies thunder (or so I thought). I got up at 7am and found another 2ins of snow. I plodded to the train station in my snow boots and there was a limited service into London. Got to Paddington and walked in the slush to my office. All in all it took 2 hours as opposed to the 1 hour it usually takes, but I'm here:thumbsup2

Tina

I didn't have any problems getting in to Paddington, all the trains seemed to be running as normal.

Jets fan
02-06-2009, 04:02 AM
They usually do from Reading, it's the branch lines that have problems, like the train from Henley and Bourne End. These trains are always the first to be cancelled, unfortunately. I had to get on a train at Slough that stopped 6 times as there were no direct ones. Hopefully it'll be better going home:thumbsup2