PDA

View Full Version : New Free Dining Pin!!!!

Willow1213
02-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I got a PIN code in my email for free dining! Dates are August 16 - October 1st! I won't be able to use it, but I wanted to let everyone know to be on the lookout in your email!:cool1::cheer2:

distherapy
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I just got one too (my first PIN). I think it's a little strange that it doesn't specify which dining plan - don't you?

HeatherBelle614
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Disney is really wanting to make me bang my head against the wall.

I have been hoping for this one for a year, and so far - nothing. I've checked my work and home accounts, checked DH's account, and logged in to my mom's email just in case. NOTHING.

Do you guys have Disney Visa, or just happen to be a lucky random pin person?

I Believe n Fairies
02-05-2009, 01:22 PM
WOW! I cannot believe Disney is already sending out free dining offers. Attendence must be very low. Normally, free dining isn't announced until April.

I've gotten the 40% off code, the kids stay play dine foe free, wonder if I'll get this one too? This is the one that would actually work for me because of the dates.

TheRatPack
02-05-2009, 01:28 PM
No pins for me....and I've done all the 'steps' in getting the PIN emails, LOL Registered another email, ordered the DVD, updated my information...etc. Oh well, guess they don't like our last name or something.

Disney*Dreamer
02-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I just got it too, to bad the dates aren't for this spring.

vickiemariko
02-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Ahhhhh! I really hope I get a pin. I got the kids stay free one last month, but want to go in August. This would be so great. I'm super jealous! August 16th is a week earlier than I was expecting them to release free dining.

tink76
02-05-2009, 01:35 PM
I got it too, my first pin! I called and booked, we were going then anyway. They told me it was for the Basic Dining plan. We are booked at the Wilderness Lodge so I don't know if that made a difference on which plan.

JennSaint
02-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I just got the same email with pin code too. I'm going in 9 days with the 4/3 promotion so I don't think I could talk DH into going again. Though how I would love to do an adults only trip.

penjen
02-05-2009, 01:49 PM
What is the "Disney Basic Dining Plan"? :confused3

Mrs Grumpy
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I haven't received any pins and I am starting to get :sad: I know they have my email and address because they send me other stuff. Free dining for September is what I really want!!! Please Disney send me one!!!

tink76
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry that is my fault I asked if it was the basic plan she said yes but I could pay to upgrade to deluxe. So it is the regular dining plan.

Mrs Grumpy
02-05-2009, 01:57 PM
OMG!!!!!!! After my above post I went and checked my husbands work email and he got one!!!!!!! Got to go contact my TA.

penjen
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
thanks for the clarification. I didn't get the PIN but we have bounce back already but I would like to start the vacation a couple days earlier.
Congrats on the code :)

stugale
02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
No pins for me....and I've done all the 'steps' in getting the PIN emails, LOL Registered another email, ordered the DVD, updated my information...etc. Oh well, guess they don't like our last name or something.

I would still call them and see if any PINS attached to your name....maybe you missed a mailing.

RMulieri
02-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Now I am debating cancelling my bounceback and going Aug instead.

jomommy
02-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I would still call them and see if any PINS attached to your name....maybe you missed a mailing.

Would you call the regular 407-WDISNEY number?

Metsoskil
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
WOW! I cannot believe Disney is already sending out free dining offers. Attendence must be very low. Normally, free dining isn't announced until April.

I've gotten the 40% off code, the kids stay play dine foe free, wonder if I'll get this one too? This is the one that would actually work for me because of the dates.

Ditto! Got the other 2, but can't use them. This one I could. Fingers crossed.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
02-05-2009, 02:37 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: Wahhhh!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:sad1: :sad1: I wanna get a PIN too!!! :sad1: :sad1:

MinnieNurse
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
I want a pin code:sad1:

Mrs Grumpy
02-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I just knocked off over $900.00 off our trip with this pin!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

TheLittleRoo
02-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I just knocked off over $900.00 off our trip with this pin!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Did you get one then? Did you have to call and ask, or did it come via email??

Mrs Grumpy
02-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Did you get one then? Did you have to call and ask, or did it come via email??

After I posted earlier I decided to check my husbands email account which we never use that much and there it was. My first every email pin code!

Deffenm
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Does the e-mail say Free Dining? I got an email and it says "An amazing Disney Vacation Offer" and it says One low price for all this magic - meals, tickets, and hotel. Is this the free dining offer? Please say yes. :scared:

cc911va
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I just got a free dining pin via e-mail and I saved a good chunk. I had an existing reservation for June under the buy 4 get 3 free with 2 rooms at All Star Movies for 6 people including dining for a total of $4200. Just modified my reservation to Aug 23, seven nights, 2 rooms All Star Movies including free dining and it now costs $2895. Savings about $1300.

Mrs Grumpy
02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Does the e-mail say Free Dining? I got an email and it says "An amazing Disney Vacation Offer" and it says One low price for all this magic - meals, tickets, and hotel. Is this the free dining offer? Please say yes. :scared:

Yes, that is how mine is worded and then it says enjoy free dining.

jparc
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Booking now with Free dining for August.:thumbsup2
Thanks Everyone for the heads up!!!!!!!
It includes ts, cs, & snack.

That would be 10 nights for 4( me, DH & DD's 13 & 14) at CSR with park hopper option & dining for $2,903.64

CAJUNWDWFAN
02-05-2009, 03:30 PM
What is the dates for this dining offer?

cc911va
02-05-2009, 03:34 PM
8/16 - 10-1 and must be booked by 2/26/09

Deffenm
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Yeah I just booked. I got All Star Music Suite for Aug. 17 - 21st. Basic Dining, 5 day park tickets, 2 adults, 3 children ages (10, 8, 5) total cost = $1945.04 :cool1: I am so excited. We canceled our Nov trip because we could not afford it however this is almost half of what we were paying.

aprhj
02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Is it strange that they would end it mide week. We are currently booked at WL for Sept 27-Oct 3 with the 40% off and I'm trying to calculate if the free dining is better. There are 3 adults and 1 junion, basically saving $130/day if use the free dining. We are in a woods view room, I think the saving on that with the 40% off is $116/day, calculated by taking $265/ night plus $25 for extra adult= $290 then * .4= $116). So, free dining would save us a little more each day, but its not valid for 2 of our days. Do you think they would let us use it for Sept 27-Oct 1 and then the 40% off on Oct 2, we check out on the 3rd? I know its only a difference of $14/day but in this economy everything helps and that would be $70 for the trip.

cocowum
02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I just got this pin! We just added a week of free dining to our Aug trip!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We actually received this pin in 2 different accounts.

Trissy
02-05-2009, 05:06 PM
I hope I get one, we didn't go this week as planned and we have a credit with Airtran we must use before Nov 3. I would love to go back and get the free dining.

tripplanner2
02-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Okay, I got it. Now, my question...ASMu, does anyone know if they have connecting rooms? I originally wanted family suites but then thought it was less for 2 connecting rooms and with the dining plan we really don't need the microwave. CRO said they don't any.:confused3

amyk717
02-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I am new to this board, but we have a grand gathering booked for September 19-26th. I booked so far with the 40 % off but have been hoping for the free dining. I will hope for something soon!!!!

Eeyore's-tail-tack
02-05-2009, 06:32 PM
only one code or the other not two discounts at once

girlsx2
02-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Oh, I want one too!! Please Pin Fairy, visit my inbox!! PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

2littleprincesses
02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Wish I could get this pin:sad:

HeatherBelle614
02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
OHMIGOSH!!

This is the ONLY pin I've ever really wanted, and I've never gotten one before! Today, I left work pouting like a a baby, got home, checked my email and...

THERE IT IS!! I'M SO EXCITED!!

Does anyone know if you can book two rooms and use the pin for both rooms, as long as it's all under my name? (We're hoping to take my parents as a surprise thank you for everything they've done for us!!!)

Timon-n-Pumbaa Fan
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
I wish that I could give the FD Pin that we got today to someone. I know that we can't, but it's such a shame to get an offer that there is no way that we can use.

POOHLUV69
02-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I was really starting to pout :guilty: about not getting the new free dining pin. I check all my emails as soon as I get home from work and nothing. So I decided to check one more time and there it was...The Free Dining Email :cool1: . I almost wept for joy. We did have to modify our dates by 1 wk, but the savings were well worth it.

disneymagicgirl
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
so is it just free dining or are they giving some sort of discount on the room also?
i think my 4/3 at poly on Spring Break comes out about the same, maybe a little better, if it is only the free dining...

LaneOT
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Its interesting that they came out with the PIN's now, as I just booked yesterday with my 40% off PIn...is it random when they come out or are they sent to everyone???

rt2dz
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Add me to the list. It just popped up in my email inbox.

I received the $500 one. I received the Kids Free one Now DH (who just forwarded it to me) received the free dining one.

I don't know why they keep sending us these pins! The 4/3 deal is better than the first two--way better than the kids free one, for us. And we're booked under it! And we're also booked for the end of September under a bounce back offer--where we're staying CL, so dining probably isn't that great for us! Dining is never good for us with the kids, but since they aren't going with us in September, I was looking at the dining plan. Funny. In a sad kind of way.

The ONE pin I would have used, I didn't receive--40% off!

LaneOT
02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I really was hoping for the free dining PIN...I have a Disney Visa and I hear they get that offer too, so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed... I did call reservations to ask and they said that its usually a random selection, not everyone is offered free dining, at least at the beginning...

Smile4Me
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
OMG!!! I hope I get this pin soo badly! We want to go the last week of August or the first week of September...which we just miss out on with the 4/3 and haven't received a single pin yet! :badpc: Here's hoping!! :cool1:

Bete
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I've never gotten a pin, but luckily I've always been able to get free dining with a promo.

By starting this early with pin codes; we should be able to get one eventually.

CampbellScot
02-05-2009, 10:05 PM
OMG!!!!!!! After my above post I went and checked my husbands work email and he got one!!!!!!! Got to go contact my TA.

That's EXACTLY what I did! Checked my email accounts...nothing. So I checked the hubby's account and lo and behold...THERE IT IS!!!

It says: Here's a special offer floating your way.

then it clearly says: FREE DINING!

:cool1:

I'm excited...but a little worried for Disney. They must not be doing all that hot to be offering free dining so early.

but yay for us!!!pixiedust:

Mickdeb
02-06-2009, 06:58 AM
I got one too.:cool1: We are going in April, but this may mean a quick Mom/DD trip for late summer:scratchin . I'm just glad I finally got a pin I could use. Last Nov. I got the kids eat free pin, but we had just booked the buy4/3 deal and my daughter would be 10 by the time we traveled, so no good for us.

How's availability with this pin, are people getting what they want?

EricaG
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM
I got it too! I'm not sure if we can use it, but we're going to look at the dates more closely and decide.

I'm just so thrilled I got a pin code! :cool1:

zuzu310
02-06-2009, 07:33 AM
Is this the Quick Service Dining or the one that includes the table service meals as well? Thanks!

Lucky'sMom
02-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Is this the Quick Service Dining or the one that includes the table service meals as well? Thanks!

It's the regular dining plan: 1TS, 1CS and 1 snack.:)

kparc
02-06-2009, 07:58 AM
:guilty: We didn’t receive a pin in our emails, so I called and asked if a pin was associated with either my DW account or mine and just happened to mention that if the free dining pin was with our name the next thing I would be doing was booking the trip. pixiedust: Lo and Behold there was a FREE DINING PIN :thumbsup2 with our account! (don’t know if mentioning we would book if there was a pin helped or not, but it didn’t hurt) So we booked 11 – 10 nights CRS! Aug. 18 – 28 – (DW – 2 DD -13 and 14 and myself) $2,903 – FREE DINING! :cheer2: (1 snack – 1 counter service – 1 table service – per day!) So if you don’t get the email – I’D CALL! I also mentioned to the cast member who took our call (AND SHE WAS WONDERFUL AND SO CHEERFUL!!!) that we were on line and saw others :grouphug: had received a pin for the free dining starting Aug. 15th.

We're going to Disney! Trip # 8!:rotfl:

zuzu310
02-06-2009, 08:02 AM
It's the regular dining plan: 1TS, 1CS and 1 snack.:)

Thanks! Keeping my fingers crossed! This would save us so much money!

Mermaid2sea
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
This sounds a v.good offer...we currently on 40% discount rate....I'd love to the Free Dining though....eventhough we already have our park tickets..

WETWHISTLE
02-06-2009, 09:16 AM
I got this PIN emailed to me. It's an AWESOME deal. I just booked!!!!!!!!!

Palendat
02-06-2009, 09:55 AM
:guilty: We didn’t receive a pin in our emails, so I called and asked if a pin was associated with either my DW account or mine and just happened to mention that if the free dining pin was with our name the next thing I would be doing was booking the trip. pixiedust: Lo and Behold there was a FREE DINING PIN :thumbsup2 with our account! (don’t know if mentioning we would book if there was a pin helped or not, but it didn’t hurt) So we booked 11 – 10 nights CRS! Aug. 18 – 28 – (DW – 2 DD -13 and 14 and myself) $2,903 – FREE DINING! :cheer2: (1 snack – 1 counter service – 1 table service – per day!) So if you don’t get the email – I’D CALL! I also mentioned to the cast member who took our call (AND SHE WAS WONDERFUL AND SO CHEERFUL!!!) that we were on line and saw others :grouphug: had received a pin for the free dining starting Aug. 15th.

We're going to Disney! Trip # 8!:rotfl:

I tried this tactic last night as I had to cancel a 4/3 reservation for March before the 45 day deadline. I told the CM that if she had any pixie dust for me, I would re-book for Aug. It didn't work! As an aside, I once again asked the CM to check my e-mail preferences, and ONCE AGAIN, it was noted not to contact me by email or mail with special offers. I asked her to change it (it is the 3rd time I have asked a CM to change this) so perhaps the change stuck this time. I somehow doubt it. If you really need this code, call to make sure that the proper boxes are checked or unchecked (whatever the case may be) so that you are elligible to receive these codes.

n2mm
02-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Got it too.

LaneOT
02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Do they offer this PIN to everyone??? I booked 40% off, but wanted free dining?

eddad
02-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I got the PIN but am getting a better deal with all of the military discounts.

MonkersMama
02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm stalking my email inbox like I have OCD or something.

LaneOT
02-06-2009, 10:50 AM
OHH YESSS! I just checked my email and I got the free dining PIN... Good things DO come to those who wait!!!

PrincessTiffany
02-06-2009, 10:53 AM
I really was hoping for the free dining PIN...I have a Disney Visa and I hear they get that offer too, so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed... I did call reservations to ask and they said that its usually a random selection, not everyone is offered free dining, at least at the beginning...
Since 2005, Disney has been offering the Free Dining promo for Magic Your way packages with a 3 night minimum and a 14 day maximum (Basic Dining Plan; 1 TS, 1 CS, 1 Snack per person per night) during the last part of August until the end of September, give or take a few days. The free dining offer is usually announced during the first week of April. The first couple of days it will only be open to Disney Visa holders and then will open up to the general public. The booking dates for 2008 for the general public were August 24 through September 20 and you had to book by June 22 to receive the FD offer. The 2008 Fall Free Dining Bounceback offer was for the dates of August 23 - October 6, 2009. The offer that comes out in April should fall somewhere in between those dates.

annnewjerz
02-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Count me as one of those individuals who has never gotten a PIN until now. I have our first trip to WDW at Christmas planned for December. We rented points and will be staying at the BWV and now of all times, they come out with the free dining code earlier than anticipated.

To make things even better, not only did I get the code once...I got it twice (one in each e-mail addy). Go figure. :rotfl:

I may just have to book another trip ;)

FirstTimertoDiz
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I just got this pin this morning, & am really considering calling, but I have a question- the offer is for a family of 4, but our new little princess will only be 8 months old in August, so does that mean the quoted price in the email will be lower since we wouldn't need park tickets for her?

Thanks!

maryann92201
02-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I just got one too! I won't be using it either. We go November 29. This is my 2nd pin code email and I got 1 by regular mail this year. Wonder why I'm getting so many? I'm not complaining though. I was able to use the 40% one I got in the regular mail. Here's to hoping they do an even better deal for late November early December that I can use beside the 40% off room portion of the package.

AKADrea
02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
got it too, although I booked bounceback last year...but I'm thinking of changing my dates...hmmm, decisions, decisions.....

Embel
02-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I have been going to Disney every year for 7 years. This is the first pin I have ever gotten, and it is for the free dining deal that I already booked as a bounceback. Too funny!

EeyoreFan5
02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
I was already book for 1st full week in Sept. got 40% pin and applied it. Saved some moneyu but was wanting free dining. Yesterday got kids free for the wrong time frame for us. Hoping and praying for free dining pin for my sept visit.

Wouldn't it be magical pixiedust: to apply 2 pin codes? I know it doesn't happen and shouldn't be selfish but....it would be nice.:upsidedow

PrincessTiffany
02-06-2009, 12:20 PM
I was already book for 1st full week in Sept. got 40% pin and applied it. Saved some moneyu but was wanting free dining. Yesterday got kids free for the wrong time frame for us. Hoping and praying for free dining pin for my sept visit.

Wouldn't it be magical pixiedust: to apply 2 pin codes? I know it doesn't happen and shouldn't be selfish but....it would be nice.:upsidedow
Since 2005, the free dining code for the general public is always released during the first week of April for bookings that include the end of August through the end of September. You generally don't need one of the elusive email pin codes to take part in the September free dining, at least you haven't for the past 4 years.

mishtb
02-06-2009, 12:28 PM
I just checked my email I also got a pin...however its not for aug
mine shows its only valid for stays between 3/1 - 4/16. I guess there is other dates/pins

Just wondering those that have gotten this is it kids 3-9 stay, play & dine free..... if you purchase 5night/6day package that include value resort room, park tickets and dining plan for $794 per adult.??????

I wish mine was for august thats when we have off from work.:confused3

CamrynsDisneyMom
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
My husbands aunt received this pin but isn't using it. Can she book for us even if she isn't going?

EeyoreFan5
02-06-2009, 01:16 PM
I understand that free dining is "usually" offered.....And I understand that the economy is bad and they need to bring people in..... But that doesn't mean they have to offer free dining to the public. A pin code would clinche my trip savings now and planning can continue.

AmandaJayne
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Got my pin too..in fact I got one sent on Feb 5, then again, for the same pin on Feb 6th!....wow how does that work?!?! Sorry to those who don't get one when i'm getting one 2 days in a row...it's only valid, according to mine to book by Feb 26th..so they aren't giving much time to decide anyways..
I'm not using it anyways, i used the 40% off pin for our trip in December

sherabby
02-06-2009, 01:29 PM
This pin deal though is for a 4 night stay. We have booked a 7 night with the buy 4 get 3 free. I wonder if it is worth it to change our dates from June to Aug. I don' think 4 days is enough when one day for us is a travel day.
...and we would have to wait another two months to go!

Selket
02-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I got this offer in my email today at 12:39pm - so they are still sending them out. I've gotten a lot of the PIN offers recently (but not all).

WhitGB
02-06-2009, 01:40 PM
This has probably been asked a million times, but who is the e-mail from? Just so I can keep an eye in my inbox...or make sure it does not end up in the trash.

Thanks

EeyoreFan5
02-06-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm not sure exactly "who" it comes from but my TA told me to check spam box because it sometimes gets filtered there.

kellbelle0618
02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
This pin deal though is for a 4 night stay. We have booked a 7 night with the buy 4 get 3 free. I wonder if it is worth it to change our dates from June to Aug. I don' think 4 days is enough when one day for us is a travel day.

The pin is not just for a 4 night stay. I just called and talked to a CM after I got mine. The pin can be used for any length of stay during the time it is valid for any number of people. My fiance and I are considering taking our honeymoon in September to Disney for 7 nights/8 days and I was told that we could use it for just the two of us for our entire length of stay. The free dining that they are offering the plan that has 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person per day. Hope that helps :)

tripplanner2
02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
The e-mail comes from Disney Destinations. I don't get too many pin codes but both I and my daughter got this one so I think they are sending out tons. Good luck everyone.

traci
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
We got it too! Around 1pm! :)

MHTeacher
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
WOW....Disney must really be hurting. I got the 40% PIN about a month ago. The other day, I got a postcard by mail, advertising a kids stay free, and now today, around 11:00 a.m. I get this free dining PIN.

warriorboy648
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Does this pin require a ticket purchase?

lsutiggergirl
02-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes it's for a package.

DaParkers
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM

It doesn't have to be 4 nights. If you book seven nights, you will still get free dining! They advertise the most common stay, but you can extend it a certain number of days and still get the promotion.

forest
02-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I got my very first pin code! I have a few questions:
1. can I use for only 2 adults...trying for a trip with DD...and any idea of cost PP for the 4 nights at a value resort?
2. does it include park hopping and/or water parks?

Thanks!:cheer2:

vleeth
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I just got this pin this morning, & am really considering calling, but I have a question- the offer is for a family of 4, but our new little princess will only be 8 months old in August, so does that mean the quoted price in the email will be lower since we wouldn't need park tickets for her?

Thanks!

No your price would be lower. It's the same price you would pay without dining, only you get dining free. So you can go to the Disney website and plug in your dates, number of people, hotel, number of days you want on your ticket & what kind of ticket you want (hopper, etc.). The price that comes up would be your price.

I got mine today at 2:01 central time.:cheer2:

vleeth
02-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I got my very first pin code! I have a few questions:
1. can I use for only 2 adults...trying for a trip with DD...and any idea of cost PP for the 4 nights at a value resort?
2. does it include park hopping and/or water parks?

Thanks!:cheer2:

The price does not include park hopper or water parks, but you can add that to your package.

ms mouse
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
What they print is just an example, you can change if for your family. There is a minimun stay, according to the CM I spoke to, but I cant remember what she said. The price I was quoted was rack rate and dining free. Good deal, but not enough to make us change our dates.

sherabby
02-06-2009, 04:21 PM
The pin is not just for a 4 night stay. I just called and talked to a CM after I got mine. The pin can be used for any length of stay during the time it is valid for any number of people. My fiance and I are considering taking our honeymoon in September to Disney for 7 nights/8 days and I was told that we could use it for just the two of us for our entire length of stay. The free dining that they are offering the plan that has 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per person per day. Hope that helps :)

Would this then be a much better offer than the buy 4 nights get 3 free deal? I have 2 adults on the dining plan and one child. That would be a savings of about $100 per day as opposed to the cost of three nights at POP in June.

SIMMSMOUSE
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I got free dining last year with my DIsney Visa and it is a great time to go:hourglass

PrincessTiffany
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Would this then be a much better offer than the buy 4 nights get 3 free deal? I have 2 adults on the dining plan and one child. That would be a savings of about $100 per day as opposed to the cost of three nights at POP in June.
I would think so. If your staying for 7 nights the free dining offer would save you arount $630.00. The 4/3 deal would save you about $340.00 on the room at Pop and on your tickets.

forest
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks to all for all your help...I am going WDW planning!

sherabby
02-06-2009, 04:42 PM
I would think so. If your staying for 7 nights the free dining offer would save you arount $630.00. The 4/3 deal would save you about $340.00 on the room at Pop and on your tickets.
I just went online and priced our June buy 4 get 3 and came up with a price of $1,822.50 with dining included.
Then went back and priced August 16 for the same amount of nights and came up with $1,790.97 with no dining because it would be free.
Savings = $31.53. Something doesn't seem right. I always thought that the rates in mid to late Aug were cheaper than June. It doesn't work out to a savings. Am I doing something wrong?

HeatherBelle614
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I just went online and priced our June buy 4 get 3 and came up with a price of $1,822.50 with dining included.
Then went back and priced August 16 for the same amount of nights and came up with $1,790.97 with no dining because it would be free.
Savings = $31.53. Something doesn't seem right. I always thought that the rates in mid to late Aug were cheaper than June. It doesn't work out to a savings. Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe I'm over-thinking, but the 4/3 deal..you're probably paying a higher priced hotel room rate. You're just getting 3 nights free. If you added on three more nights to your hotel (if you didn't have the deal), your price would go up.

With the free DDP PIN, you're now paying for 7 full nights instead of getting 3 free. Instead, you're getting the DDP.

I think that's where your price difference comes in; it looks like for you, the savings are about the same. It'll just depend what works better for your family, time wise. For us, the DDP is a better deal because we love the more expensive meals. For 4 adults, that adds up quickly. I hope what I said makes sense; it does in my head...haha.

PrncessA
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I got the Free Dining Pin as well. I am crunching numbers trying to come up with a good figure to DH and see if he goes for it.

TINKTWINS
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
very lucky;)

sherabby
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Maybe I'm over-thinking, but the 4/3 deal..you're probably paying a higher priced hotel room rate. You're just getting 3 nights free. If you added on three more nights to your hotel (if you didn't have the deal), your price would go up.

With the free DDP PIN, you're now paying for 7 full nights instead of getting 3 free. Instead, you're getting the DDP.

I think that's where your price difference comes in; it looks like for you, the savings are about the same. It'll just depend what works better for your family, time wise. For us, the DDP is a better deal because we love the more expensive meals. For 4 adults, that adds up quickly. I hope what I said makes sense; it does in my head...haha.

It really does make sense for a larger family. When mine turns 9 it would be a greater savings for us. We have always done the dining plan and just love it!

JerseyJanice
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Congratulations to all of you who got this deal. I want it SO BAD! I missed out on bounceback, and I hope I don't miss out on Free Dining this summer.

Yes, I did try calling and didn't get a CM willing to help.

What really stinks is that if I could book this trip now, I'd have my choice of flights.

HeatherBelle614
02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
It really does make sense for a larger family. When mine turns 9 it would be a greater savings for us. We have always done the dining plan and just love it!

I'm glad my explanation made sense and wasn't just living in my planning-obsessed head. Haha.

But yes, I agree. You're good to go either way, just depends when you'd prefer to go! We're going to stick with the DDP PIN since I got it yesterday and we're booking 2 rooms at the value season rates. It works much better for us.

Priorityonecb
02-06-2009, 05:28 PM
I just got the PIN too!! :cool1:

Now to obsessively see if I can use it... :rotfl:

sherabby
02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm glad my explanation made sense and wasn't just living in my planning-obsessed head. Haha.

But yes, I agree. You're good to go either way, just depends when you'd prefer to go! We're going to stick with the DDP PIN since I got it yesterday and we're booking 2 rooms at the value season rates. It works much better for us.

I think we are going to stick with June. I'd hate to wait another 2 months!:scared:

WalkingintheFog
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Any Canadians here getting that free dining in the Fall pincode?
Not me... not yet! I'm a-hoping!

Qtips4Mick
02-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Sorry if this was mentioned. Interesting that it begins the day after the 4/3 ends. Can someone just tell me the subject of the E-mail? I have been deleting Disney mail left and right.

siestakeys04
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I am on the phone with a CM with my pin code. I got a quote of
1897.94 (6 day base) 5 nights with free dining at CSR. And 1872.38 (4 day base) 5 nights with free dining at CSR.

I have the 4/3 deal now at CSR and it cost me about 1750. DH wants to take the free dining deal.

lsutiggergirl
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
It's from Disney Destinations. The subject is Amazing Disney Vacation offer.

sherabby
02-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Sorry if this was mentioned. Interesting that it begins the day after the 4/3 ends. Can someone just tell me the subject of the E-mail? I have been deleting Disney mail left and right.

The 4/3 did not end yet.

emileee
02-06-2009, 07:18 PM
We rc'd a postcard in the mail last Saturday (Michigan) with a pin on it...it was for free kids stay, play and eat....my guess is because I had said we were going in April a year ago...and then we had not booked a trip.

triplefigs
02-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I got this last night, but we're using th 40% off Passholder code we got.:cool1:

mbanks21
02-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Is it strange that they would end it mide week. We are currently booked at WL for Sept 27-Oct 3 with the 40% off and I'm trying to calculate if the free dining is better. There are 3 adults and 1 junion, basically saving $130/day if use the free dining. We are in a woods view room, I think the saving on that with the 40% off is $116/day, calculated by taking $265/ night plus $25 for extra adult= $290 then * .4= $116). So, free dining would save us a little more each day, but its not valid for 2 of our days. Do you think they would let us use it for Sept 27-Oct 1 and then the 40% off on Oct 2, we check out on the 3rd? I know its only a difference of $14/day but in this economy everything helps and that would be $70 for the trip.

With free dining as long as you check in by the posted date you can stay up to 14 nights after that. They wont cut the dining plan off mid trip

Okay, I got it. Now, my question...ASMu, does anyone know if they have connecting rooms? I originally wanted family suites but then thought it was less for 2 connecting rooms and with the dining plan we really don't need the microwave. CRO said they don't any.:confused3

The family suite qualify but those are the first to get booked up with any free dining offer.

Thanks!

Yes it will be cheaper

My husbands aunt received this pin but isn't using it. Can she book for us even if she isn't going?

Nope

4 nights is just an example, you can book anywhere from 3 nights to 14 nights

rt2dz
02-06-2009, 10:55 PM
The 4/3 did not end yet.

I think what was meant was that the 4/3 ends with 8/15 (with the upcoming extension) and free dining promo starts 8/16.

shopn24seven
02-06-2009, 11:57 PM
But I don'Tt think I can use it.,
It is for a family of 4....Adult DBL OCCUPANCY, 1 JR, 1 child.
We are just a family of 2, me and dd, age 9.

Are ALL the FD codes like that or do the FD PUBLIC ones different.

TY.

Mrs Grumpy
02-07-2009, 07:10 AM
But I don'Tt think I can use it.,
It is for a family of 4....Adult DBL OCCUPANCY, 1 JR, 1 child.
We are just a family of 2, me and dd, age 9.

Are ALL the FD codes like that or do the FD PUBLIC ones different.

TY.

You can use it that is just an example of what is would cost. It is just me and my DH and we used it! Saved around $950.00 for our 10 day trip :cool1:

Im_with_Dopey
02-07-2009, 07:13 AM
you can use it,,,,, family of four is just and example. we are using it for just 3 of us. i called yesterday.

Tess
02-07-2009, 07:24 AM
The strange thing is, I already received the 40% off pin for the same time frame. Guess I will be checking to see if the free dining is a better deal for our stay. . .I'm thinking not, but what the hey, doesn't hurt to check.

These are the first ever PIN codes I have received from Disney AND I already have a trip booked in May. :confused3

Just a reminder--this email was stuck in my the ISP quarantine box as spam. Disney's emails have been sent there a lot lately. . .glad I check mine daily.

pluto's fan
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I got the free dining pin yesterday. I am so happy becuase I've never gotten free dining offers before. I was thankful for the 40% pin but this FD pin saves me even more. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

jkearson
02-07-2009, 06:56 PM
If I haven't received a pin code yet, does that mean I won't be getting one? I'm really hoping for one. We've got a Disney Visa and used it last year for the free dining offer. I can't remember if we got an e-mail then or not.
Keeping my fingers crossed

sconnell
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I got it too!
Does anyone know if it is the usual 3 night/1 day base minimum? I'm thinking I would love to do a quick birthday weekend...

pixietwin
02-07-2009, 09:43 PM
I have the 40% off offer which I've used for my Nov ressie. Now yesterday I received the free dining but it's not good in Nov. I'm a Disney Visa cardholder so maybe they'll offer that later this year. But the more I think about it, I am not sure.....I don't think I want to have to make a reservation every evening and have to be 'on time'. I supposed you can sometimes walk into a table restaurant and get seated - but we went in Feb and we tried to find out wait times for several table service places but the wait was too long. I hated to keep track of my ADR because most times we didn't stick to the plans. Do all of you who love the free dining *always* stick to the ADRs you've called in?

michael's mom
02-07-2009, 10:09 PM

If you split your trip (get 2 ressies) you could do it. We are currently doing that for the 4+3. Our first night in Disney is a blackout date for the offer so we have one ressie for our first night, and then a separate ressie for the rest of our trip that fits the 4+3.

michael's mom
02-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I am so frustrated!!! I never knew there was a box to check off indicating that you want to receive offers.....I've never gotten offers before and was a bit annoyed that I hadn't. Thank you to some posters here for mentioning the boxes. I checked my profile on waltdisneyworld.com and noticed I HADN'T CHECKED THE BOX :crazy2:

Anyway, it's checked now. Hopefully, I'll start to get some pincodes!

Sandisw
02-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by aprhj

I heard that if you start your trip during the promotion, they will apply it to the entire ressie, even if it goes beyond the end date.

I would check it out as you might be eligible for Free Dining until the 3rd.

shopn24seven
02-07-2009, 10:35 PM
I rec'd a quote, TODAY, with FD for CBR, for 10 days.
I think the total was around 1800.00 for a preferred room, 1 adult, 1 child.

The Disney site, same info, for the room, same days, same people, WITHOUT dining of any kind and the price was around 2400.00.

I don;t get it...It appears the rooms w FREE DINING are cheaper, than without.
Am I just brain dead? LOL. :confused3

michael's mom
02-07-2009, 10:50 PM
I rec'd a quote, TODAY, with FD for CBR, for 10 days.
I think the total was around 1800.00 for a preferred room, 1 adult, 1 child.

The Disney site, same info, for the room, same days, same people, WITHOUT dining of any kind and the price was around 2400.00.

I don;t get it...It appears the rooms w FREE DINING are cheaper, than without.
Am I just brain dead? LOL. :confused3

Did you check to see what park passes you had on the WDW site? I always have to change that as we never go to a park everyday we are there and it automatically defaults to the number of days you will be staying on property. That might be the difference.

StrwLady
02-08-2009, 05:52 AM

Yes but usually its a general public code. I don't know if in the past, for the fall free dining package, they sent out a pin for it. Makes me wonder if they are not planning the general public package. If so, I think they are nuts!

StrwLady
02-08-2009, 05:58 AM
I asked her to change it (it is the 3rd time I have asked a CM to change this) so perhaps the change stuck this time. I somehow doubt it. If you really need this code, call to make sure that the proper boxes are checked or unchecked (whatever the case may be) so that you are elligible to receive these codes.

I called the other night to see if the CSR was available for our time in March with the 4/3 package. Then I checked to see if I was on no call/mail status and sure enough I was. I never requested this. The only thing I can think of is maybe in one of their many system upgrades they defaulted many to this status. Who knows? I plan to call back soon and see if it actually changed when the CM said he changed it.

StrwLady
02-08-2009, 06:03 AM

Do it again and check the tickets. When pricing the 4/3 deal it adds 7 day base tickets. When pricing a package it adds # of days with water parks and more and I think park hopper too. That could be the difference.