PDA

View Full Version : Changing my name

Mickey Buffet
02-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi,

Is there any way I can change my user name Without starting from scratch...It's been driving me crazy :crazy2: since I started on here that I don't have an Extra T at the end. Wanted it to be "Mickey Buffett" but fat fingered it a few years ago.

Thanks!

lovetoscrap
02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry. The only thing you can do is just create a new account with another email address. There is no way to change a username after the account is created.

Mickey Buffet
02-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Dagnabbit!

Figgured Thanks!

DWFan4Life
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
You can't change it unless you will create a new account using another email address.

Cruisin
02-06-2009, 12:51 AM
Sorry. The only thing you can do is just create a new account with another email address. There is no way to change a username after the account is created.

Well actually it can be changed because I changed mine.

BUT you have to have a really, really good reason and you have to ask the Webmaster guys if they will change it for you.

I don't think they will change it just to add the extra t at the end for you though.

Sorry.

Mickey Buffet
02-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Hey anyone of you folks care to help out a lowly DBA ? :surfweb:
Maybe get some good Karma. :goodvibes

Not the end of the world ..I am going to DW soon anyway !

Fins UP!

lovetoscrap
02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey anyone of you folks care to help out a lowly DBA ? :surfweb:
Maybe get some good Karma. :goodvibes

Not the end of the world ..I am going to DW soon anyway !

Fins UP!

I can guarantee you that the Webmasters won't change it. Really the best thing for you to do is to go ahead and change it now while you have a low post count. You can make the new account with all the same things you have on this one and then you just need to post 38 times to get back to right where you are now!

Advice from one that has been there: Do it now before you get to several hundred posts and some Tag Fairy Tags and realize that everyone thinks your name is LovestoCrap! By then it is just to late. . .