PDA

View Full Version : 500 gift card pin vs 4/3 deal?

Tammy296
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok I got a 500 gc pin offer for the same dates we booked already on the 4/3 deal w 200 gift card. When I called wdw tonite they said the 4/3 was actually a better deal. How so? Why would disney send out such a pin code during an already existing promotion if the pin wasn't a better deal? Wudnt that be a waste of paper for them? Plus I feel a tad upset getting it now after already booking our trip and not being able to use it! I have only placed our deposit on the trip what shud I do?

christa112
02-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Go to the disney website and put your dates in and see what is a better deal. I would think 3 days would be cheaper, but I am not sure.

I hope this helps.

Ok I got a 500 gc pin offer for the same dates we booked already on the 4/3 deal w 200 gift card. When I called wdw tonite they said the 4/3 was actually a better deal. How so? Why would disney send out such a pin code during an already existing promotion if the pin wasn't a better deal? Wudnt that be a waste of paper for them? Plus I feel a tad upset getting it now after already booking our trip and not being able to use it! I have only placed our deposit on the trip what shud I do?

Disneychix
02-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I would say the 4/3 would be cheaper for you also because not only are you getting the 3 free nights(with free tickets) but you area also getting the free $200 gc. Do the math, it's a $300 difference in GC but how much are you saving on the 3 free nights plus 3 days of free tickets?

wdw71
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
We were booked 5/23-5/30 at POP 4/3 with quick service DP and park hoppers for like $1859 (no GC). Then we got the $500 PIN code. We ended up switching to the $500 PIN code offer at the same price (actually $1 less). So while we no longer have the dining plan or the refillable mug (which we didn't care about anyway), we figured with the GC we can eat any way we would like and don't have to worry about keeping track of credits. The QSDP added $400 to our 4/3 package so really we are roughly $100 ahead with the GC (I guess you'd have to subtract the cost of the mugs from that). The CM I spoke with didn't make any comment about which way was better so I sure hope I am thinking correctly on this. Any Opinions? Wait- I'm on DisBoards of course there are opinions:rotfl: :rotfl:

Tammy296
02-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Too Funny!! :rotfl2:

I'd say you probably made out better so I guess for some conditions the pin works and others it doesn't.

We had already booked on the 4/3 deal with Regular dining at All Star Sports. Our package came to $2175.76 including two gift cards for 2 birthdays we're celebrating plus the $200 GC and when we called about switching with the pin code they quoted us for $2500 something same type of package. The CM I spoke with just said we were $100 ahead of the game with the package we have now. Yesterday I called again about the whole deal because I was still confused as to why :confused3 Disney would offer this pin AFTER I had purchased on the 4/3 or during the 4/3 andthe CM really didn't have an answer except to say that she doesnt control marketing even though she understood what I was trying to say. :rolleyes:

In any case, I'm still not 100% convinced I'm doing it the better way with the 4/3 deal. I may be getting 3 free days of tickets and nights of stay but the overall price is not that far off with either deal.

If only certain people are given the PIN code then why can't they apply the $500 gift card to their already existing package? Everytime I think of the whole thing all I can think of is that the extra gift card would give me at least $100 more rather than $100 less.

-Tammy

tmccullough
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Can anyone tell me how the $500 gift card can be spent? We are on the dining plan so could you spend it on tips & just merchandise? Any other ways to spend it?:confused3

wdw71
02-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Can anyone tell me how the $500 gift card can be spent? We are on the dining plan so could you spend it on tips & just merchandise? Any other ways to spend it?:confused3

Room charges is another option if you will have any to pay at the end of your trip.

Jubilee
02-13-2009, 07:31 PM

well, first...the offer is sold out in value and moderate so they still want to attract people (like myself, for instance...I am using the pin code one because I missed out on 4/3 + 200 gc)

also, not everyone does the research or the math....they just think, "woohoo free money!"

not everyone wants to come for 7 nights/8 days and the 500 gift card also works if you stay 3 nights it's a 300 gift card and 4 nights is a 400 gift card

furthermore, your deal is actually better. first you receive money off THEN get a 200 gift card

in the pin code deal i'm using, you pay full price and get a gift card.

so for instance, when i'm going in late april, i could either use the 500 gc pin code and go 5 nights or 7 nights with the buy 4, get 3 code for the same price. so it's an exchange of 2 nights/2 park days and 2 dining plan days for a 500 gift card basically.

tekmom
02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm saving $1140.00 off the cost of my room at the Beach Club with the 4/3 deal, much better than a $500.00 gift card.

jewjubean
02-14-2009, 12:14 PM
I booked a trip with the free $500 gift card its just me with park tickets at pop for 5 days and it ended up being amost 200 cheaper to pay RR and get the $500 than it would have been to do the same thing with the dining plan. Im going to use the GC for all my meals and souvies!