PDA

View Full Version : Need some dress help

beatlesblonde
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Okay this isn't for me but for my BFF (whom I'm MOH for). She just got her dress today while she really loves it, it has a deep V neckline and she's rather "well endowed" and is concerned she may be showing off a bit to much (if you know what I mean). Do you have any suggestions on maybe making the front a bit more modest?

Here's the dress:
http://images.charmingshoppes.com/is/image/FashionBug/1652130?wid=204&hei=248&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95,0&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp

ahutton
02-04-2009, 06:56 PM
I suggest talking to the bridal shop about who they recommend for special size under-things. If they try to convince her to buy there, then call a couple other shops about who they recommend. I am very curvy and with the right pieces I was still very appropriate, and very comfortable in a low back dress.

beatlesblonde
02-05-2009, 09:56 AM
She didn't buy her dress from a shop, she bought it online. However I think I'll suggest finding a tailor who can maybe come up with some sort of modesty panel. I think finding some good undergarments would help as well.

rborge
02-05-2009, 10:19 AM
A modesty panel sounds like the only way...but an idea so that it doesn't take away from the dress, and 'covers' but is not too "matronly"...how about a pretty semi-sheer fabric as the panel? so that it adds a little more coverage but is still elegant?
hope this helps!

marielynn724
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM
take it to a professional taylor or seamstress and see what they can do. also i second the idea about finding proper underthings. if she doesnt mind showing off some cleavage and being sexy (c'mon, we have to be proud of our endowments! - im a DDD myself) then she'll be fine anyway.

also maybe she could wear some dramatic or dangly earrings to draw attention to her face instead of a necklace that might emphasize that general cleavage area.