PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this?

frisco
02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
So I'm pricing out different scenarios with 4/3 deal for July/August when the deal is released. We currently have the Wilderness Lodge booked for 2 weeks in August. If we can get the deal and it works out for us, we'd like to spend a week at either the GF or the Yacht Club. Here is what I came up with on the Disney website:

Sample Dates: July 26 for 4 nights with tickets included for 2 adults, 1 child at Yacht Club = $2,500
July 26 for 4 nights with tickets included for 2 adults, 1 child at Wilderness Lodge = $2,100

So, assuming we got the 4/3 deal and made 2 seperate reservations for 1 week at WL and 1 week at Yacht Club, we're looking at a total of about $4,600.

However: July 26 for 4 nights ROOM ONLY at Yacht Club = $1,500.
July 26 for 4 nights ROOM ONLY at Wilderness Lodge = $1,100.

So, assuming we got the 4/3 deal and made 2 seperate ROOM ONLY reservations for 1 week at WL and 1 week at Yacht Club, we're looking at a total of about $2,600.

It would be $2,000 cheaper to book room only. The if we buy 3 annual passes, that would come out to $1,450.

Add the annual passes and room charge together and it equals about $4,050.

So, it's more than $500 cheaper to book room only and buy annual passes than it is to buy the package deal with tickets.

mousefan1972
02-04-2009, 06:42 PM
Right, but like I just answered in your other thread, you can not do room only with the 4/3 deal. But you can purchase tickets with the package, then upgrade them to AP's once you are at WDW. There is a thread with a lot of math around here somewhere, that explains the best ticket to buy, then upgrade to an AP, in order to save the most money. Hopefully someone will come along with the link, because I can't find it!

Selket
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Your room only scenario would include only 8 nights of room - and you want two weeks which is 14 nights. You would still need to pay for 6 more room nights as the 4/3 deal is a package only. So those other 6 nights of rooms are probably quite a bit of money.

frisco
02-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Your room only scenario would include only 8 nights of room - and you want two weeks which is 14 nights. You would still need to pay for 6 more room nights as the 4/3 deal is a package only. So those other 6 nights of rooms are probably quite a bit of money.

We would be booking 2 seperate reservatoins of 7 nights each.

Luv2Roam
02-04-2009, 07:01 PM
I think the key phrase here is "assuming". :confused3

According to the website when I tried the 7 for 4 deal right now is only allowing for arrivals up to 06/27.
I see how you are trying to price it out. But I would wait until it's actually released. It's all a guestimate only at this point.
And it is hard to guess what the rates will be. They could be the same, higher, lower, etc, than June. :confused3

And agree, I only see 8 nights of room only. :confused3
"However: July 26 for 4 nights ROOM ONLY at Yacht Club = $1,500.
July 26 for 4 nights ROOM ONLY at Wilderness Lodge = $1,100."

As someone posted, "you can not do room only with the 4/3 deal. "

frisco
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
The price for July will actually be less than June at the Deluxe Resorts.

It's 8 nights PAID based on 2 seperate reservations of 4/3.