PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Candles.............

Pages : [1] 2 3

T16GEM
02-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Which fragrance are you burning now and where?

I have Starfruit and Orange in the living room

Manderin Cranberry in the kitchen

Country Linen in our bedroom

What about you?

tashasmum
02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
None at the moment. I burnt my last one today and the shop i usually go to has been closed. Not going to Florida this year either so just browsing tinternet.:)

wils
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Unusually we don't have any buring at the moment (we have a chocolate fondue melting at the mo!)

However at the moment in position are

Kitchen - Vanilla Cupcake, Chocolate Cupcake, Sweet Strawberry, Pineapple Citrus, Starfruit and orange
Lounge - jack frost, island spa, vanilla lime and various vanilla ones
Bedroom - Midnight jasmine
Hall - Tahitian Tiare Flower in a beautiful burner my friend bought us for Christmas

That really is a ridiculous number on the go! Needless to say we only light 1 per location at a time - I just like a choice!

tashasmum
02-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Unusually we don't have any buring at the moment (we have a chocolate fondue melting at the mo!)

However at the moment in position are

Kitchen - Vanilla Cupcake, Chocolate Cupcake, Sweet Strawberry, Pineapple Citrus, Starfruit and orange
Lounge - jack frost, island spa, vanilla lime and various vanilla ones
Bedroom - Midnight jasmine
Hall - Tahitian Tiare Flower in a beautiful burner my friend bought us for Christmas

That really is a ridiculous number on the go! Needless to say we only light 1 per location at a time - I just like a choice!

The candles are not fattening.:rotfl2: :rotfl:

MaddieB
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Coconut Bay but sadly its not very strong, maybe it will once its been burning for longer.

natalielongstaff
02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Tahitian Tiare Flower !

Ive got that one :thumbsup2

wils
02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
It's just as well they're not as we seem to be going throught them at the moment (admittedly a lot are samplers as they had '12 for the price of 8' in the Florida Mall - what's a girl to do!)

stubb
02-04-2009, 04:08 PM
looking to get some new ones when we go out next week currently burning island spa have avoucher 3 for 2 and hoping they have offers on over presidents day weekend.

michelle

T16GEM
02-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Well you all probably know thatI have an endless supply of them ;) and I have quite a few at home, but a lot more at the shop.

Tahitian is now retired, as is Country Linen, Creme Brulee and Shortbread cookie.

Maddie - You might like to try the new Pacific Coconut from the world journeys range, that is quite a bit stronger than the Coconut Bay one.

Addicts anyone????????????? :)

Danauk
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I have vanilla cupcake which is my favourite burning in the lounge right now. Yesterday I had Jack Frost in honour of the snow!

CustardTart
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Home Sweet Home in the hall and conservatory. Mixing Autumn Leaves and Red Apple Wreath in the living room as I'm trying to use them up...

Pacific Coconut sounds lovely...

Pinky166
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
I currently have Granny Smith (apples) which has been burning in the lounge all night. Others I have on the go are Creme Brulee, White Chocolate Mint, Cafe au Lait & Tangerine.

My all time favourite has to be Cinnamon stick.....you'll think I'm crazy but it reminds me of Orlando. Churros to be precise! ;)

MaddieB
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
Maddie - You might like to try the new Pacific Coconut from the world journeys range, that is quite a bit stronger than the Coconut Bay one.

Thanks for the tip, im googling it now! :thumbsup2

I currently have Granny Smith (apples) which has been burning in the lounge all night. Others I have on the go are Creme Brulee, White Chocolate Mint, Cafe au Lait & Tangerine.

White chocolate mint sounds amazing! :)

Goofysmate
02-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I have Sandalwood at the moment in the living room which seems boring compared to what others are burning.

I love the midnight Jasmine but the shop i was getting it from has stopped doing it. :sad2:

mandymouse
02-05-2009, 01:02 AM
I've still got a jar of 'Home for the Holidays' in my back room. Then in the front room I've got a 'Jack Frost' one along with a lovely one (sorry I've forgotten the name) that Nat brought back from NY :)

mushumadness
02-05-2009, 02:30 AM
I am buring candied apple in the living room

trick or treat in the kitchen

and I have wedding day in the bedroom, we dont burn that one just have the lid off

just finished Christmas eve in the kitchen before trick or treat

Goofyish
02-05-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm burning toast at the moment :)

I did notice that our local garden centre stocks Yankee Candles stuff.

wils
02-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Tahitian is now retired,

Typical! I've only just discovered it

I'm burning toast at the moment :)

Probably cheaper :rotfl2:

CustardTart
02-05-2009, 04:25 AM
All change today! Vineyard in the conservatory and Juicy Watermelon in the hall - I'm trying to think summery thoughts... :rolleyes:

wicket2005
02-05-2009, 07:08 AM
I am into candles and have them all over the house. On a night we have candles lit all over the lounge, however, I have never bought any Yankee candles. I have bought scented ones before and love them.

Do you find that the Yankee candles have a lot better scent than other scented candles? Do you consider them worth paying the extra cash for?

mushumadness
02-05-2009, 07:11 AM
I am into candles and have them all over the house. On a night we have candles lit all over the lounge, however, I have never bought any Yankee candles. I have bought scented ones before and love them.

Do you find that the Yankee candles have a lot better scent than other scented candles? Do you consider them worth paying the extra cash for?

hiya, I find the scent alot stronger with the yankee candles, and they also last longer, well worth the money

wicket2005
02-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for that, I thought they must be better with everyone loving them.

Joanne UK
02-05-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm trying to get through various large winter jars that I still have from last winter. Pumpkin Spice/Gingerbread/Coconut Cookie Bar/Cider Donut and Roasted Coffee - not all at the same time obviously! I'm quite anal about my candles - I won't burn what I consider to be winter or autumn ones in the spring or summer and vice versa. All remaining Christmas ones are now packed away.

I have started stocking up on some spring tarts: Cucumber and Cantaloupe/Juicy Grapefruit/Cherry Blossom/Dune Grass and Water Garden so far!

CustardTart
02-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm trying to get through various large winter jars that I still have from last winter. Pumpkin Spice/Gingerbread/Coconut Cookie Bar/Cider Donut and Roasted Coffee - not all at the same time obviously! I'm quite anal about my candles - I won't burn what I consider to be winter or autumn ones in the spring or summer and vice versa. All remaining Christmas ones are now packed away.

I have started stocking up on some spring tarts: Cucumber and Cantaloupe/Juicy Grapefruit/Cherry Blossom/Dune Grass and Water Garden so far!

Cucumber & Canteloupe is one of my all-time fave aromas - I thought it was discontinued so will go and hunt out some tarts... :thumbsup2

Joanne UK
02-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Cucumber & Canteloupe is one of my all-time fave aromas - I thought it was discontinued so will go and hunt out some tarts... :thumbsup2

Yes I think it is discontinued. I got these on EBay, 2 for under £2 - cheaper than the shops!

CustardTart
02-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Yes I think it is discontinued. I got these on EBay, 2 for under £2 - cheaper than the shops!

Cool - thanks for the info, Joanne. :thumbsup2 I'm burning Juicy Watermelon at the moment which is "good but it's not right!" ;)

Latte Lover
02-05-2009, 08:39 AM

I'm the same. I stopped Tony putting out Lilac Blossom the other day because it's a summer one! I also have Sun and Sand and Mango Peach Salsa for the summer. For the winter I have small jars of Coconut Cookie bar and Vanilla Caramel. At the moment I am burning the last of Sicilian Orange, which is really a summer one but it's on it's last legs and is my last big jar.

Over christmas we were burning a little one (not Yankee candle) that I bought in the Cracker Barrel which was three stripes of three different christmassy scents. It was extremely strong for such a small candle and I will definately look for some more next time we are in Orlando. Can't remember the name of it unfortunately.

natalielongstaff
02-05-2009, 08:41 AM

so much better than ANY of the others :thumbsup2

T16GEM
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Yes I totally agree that the Yankee Candles are the best for sure.
Juicy watermelon is my alltime fave as I think it smells a lot like jelly!
There have been a lot of retirements lately - but Macintosh is coming back in April so that will be good.
There are some beautiful accessories out now too, the coral reef ones are lovely.

T16GEM
02-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Typical! I've only just discovered it

It is still available in the World Journeys tumblers range, and certain establishements still have others left KWIM?

Shelby wants me to add this smiley :happytv:

Harley wants this one :hourglass

Pinky166
02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
I am trying to finish of my White Chocolate Mint one today, I have so many to use that I have had to stop buying them!

I normally only stick to Winter smells for winter & summer scents for summer but I have been so fed up with the weather this week that I needed cheerig up! It's working, apart from today I want to eat lots of chocolate. :rolleyes:

Bev - you must try them...you won't be disappointed, I don't buy anything other than YC since I discovered them a few years ago. :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-05-2009, 09:56 AM

:rotfl2:

Well this one is for Shelby.... princess:

And this one is for Harley.... pirate:

wils
02-05-2009, 10:52 AM
It is still available in the World Journeys tumblers range, and certain establishements still have others left KWIM?

Thanks Gems - I think I better wait until I'm down to one box full waiting to be used! I'll have a look then !

Hi Shelby :wave2:
Hi Harley :wave2:

MaddieB
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
After reading this thread I was inspired and couldnt help myself so I ordered 4 yankee candles - pacific coconut, white chocolate mint, vanilla cupcake and sweet strawberry! Cant wait til they arrive.

Minniespal
02-06-2009, 03:30 AM
After reading this thread I was inspired and couldnt help myself so I ordered 4 yankee candles - pacific coconut, white chocolate mint, vanilla cupcake and sweet strawberry! Cant wait til they arrive.

They sound good enough to eat:cool1:

mushumadness
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I just changed the living room one to jelly bean, its my fave one, and the last jar of it I have !!! they had sold out the last time I was over there, its a swirl one

mumloveseeyore
02-06-2009, 12:54 PM
i have cottage breeze in the lounge, i love the seaside smell, other favouties include sun warmed linen and clean cotton. Gill

Danauk
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
I have vanilla cupcake burning in my lounge right now. I had ocean breeze (I think that was what it was called!) in my bathroom earlier whilst I was having a bath. I have vanilla lime in my conservatory. Although seen as we still have so much snow I am thinking of lighting either my jack frost or my huge jar of hollyberry my uncle got me 2 christmases ago (I swear I use it a lot in the winter, but the jar is huge!!) I also love Good Morning, I love the fresh baked cookie smell!!

T16GEM
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I just changed the living room one to jelly bean, its my fave one, and the last jar of it I have !!! they had sold out the last time I was over there, its a swirl one

I LOVE the swirl ones, they are great aren't they.

I bought a Farmers Market in Sparkling Pine at Mall of Millenia, it's really nice, and has little bits of glitter in it. Plus it was only $10 for the large size - can't get better than that - I'm saving it for next Christmas then it will remind me of my holiday! :rolleyes:

Pinky166
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM

Ohhh I haven't seen Jelly Bean - sounds fab! :thumbsup2

I have been burning Creme Brulee all day.

wicket2005
02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
I saw some of these at the Metro Centre today and resisted buying them for now as the jars were very expensive but will probably buy one at the weekend.

What are you all buying, tarts, votives or the jars. I read on a review that a few people didn't find the jar's scent as strong as the tarts and votives, if this is the case I will probably just buy the votives.

We liked the orchard pear scent today.

natalielongstaff
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I saw some of these at the Metro Centre today and resisted buying them for now as the jars were very expensive but will probably buy one at the weekend.

What are you all buying, tarts, votives or the jars. I read on a review that a few people didn't find the jar's scent as strong as the tarts and votives, if this is the case I will probably just buy the votives.

ive got jars tarts and votives, i prefer the jars because they are easier to look after imo :)

Bolanette87
02-09-2009, 01:16 PM
I used to adore the Cherry ones, but I don't think they make them anymore... I would sell my soul for one more! :cloud9:

Robert got me some of the Christmas Cookie ones in my Stocking at Crimbo.... I've yet to burn any as my Mum doesn't like the smell! :confused3

Can't wait until we've got our own place and I can have them burning all the time!

Bob xoxoxox

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I used to adore the Cherry ones, but I don't think they make them anymore... I would sell my soul for one more! :cloud9:

http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/x-cart/home.php

They have Black Cherry & Cherry Lemonade.....I've ordered from here before & they were good. :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 01:57 PM

I have my favourites in Jars but tend to buy votives & tarts for ones that I want to try just incase I don't like them. :thumbsup2

wicket2005
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks Nat and Claire. So can I presume the scent is just as strong in each type then? Enough to fill a room.

tinks86
02-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Does anyone know any good sites to buy some Yankee Candles - ours are nearly all gone and I'm browsing now 2 find some more!

natalielongstaff
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Scentedcandles.com :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/x-cart/home.php is a good one too.

Bev - I've never noticed a difference between votives, tarts & jars. I use votives a lot as I bought tons of them to try in Florida & they are just as strong as my jars & tarts.

wicket2005
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Claire, I feel another craze coming on, at least, I can class these as a 'house purchase':rotfl:

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks Claire, I feel another craze coming on, at least, I can class these as a 'house purchase':rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: They are quite addictive! My hubby hates candles but in comparison to the price of my other collections he doesn't complain about them too much! ;)

Bolanette87
02-09-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/x-cart/home.php

They have Black Cherry & Cherry Lemonade.....I've ordered from here before & they were good. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Thank you Honey!!! I shall check it out!

Bob xoxoxox

wicket2005
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: They are quite addictive! My hubby hates candles but in comparison to the price of my other collections he doesn't complain about them too much! ;)

Just ordered a jar from Ebay (seller looked okay, stacks of good feedback), using some Paypal money we had (so it feels like it is free), same price as shops though. Fortunately, my hubbie loves candles, we always have them on instead of lights in the lounge.:goodvibes

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Just ordered a jar from Ebay (seller looked okay, stacks of good feedback), using some Paypal money we had (so it feels like it is free), same price as shops though. Fortunately, my hubbie loves candles, we always have them on instead of lights in the lounge.:goodvibes

I do that with Ebay! :lmao:

What scent did you get?

natalielongstaff
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM

thanks, ive gone and ordered now :rotfl2:

wicket2005
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Orchard Pear, Claire.

I am going to go up to our local garden centre and smell them all at the weekend.

MaddieB
02-09-2009, 04:59 PM

I ordered mine from them on friday and they arrived this morning, very quick and well packed! :goodvibes

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 05:02 PM
thanks, ive gone and ordered now :rotfl2:

LOL! Sorry Nat! :rotfl:

What did ya get?

Pinky166
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
Orchard Pear, Claire.

I am going to go up to our local garden centre and smell them all at the weekend.

I've not had that one, you'll have to let me know what it's like.

I ordered mine from them on friday and they arrived this morning, very quick and well packed! :goodvibes

:lmao: This is going to turn in to the "Blame it on Claire" thread!!

What did you get?

MaddieB
02-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Pacific Coconut, Vanilla Cupcake, White Chocolate Mint and Sweet Strawberry. They all smell amazing! My housemates thought I was mad for buying so many but Ive become addicted again thanks to this thread :rotfl: .

natalielongstaff
02-10-2009, 01:27 AM
LOL! Sorry Nat! :rotfl:

What did ya get?

vanilla cupcake :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Pacific Coconut, Vanilla Cupcake, White Chocolate Mint and Sweet Strawberry. They all smell amazing! My housemates thought I was mad for buying so many but Ive become addicted again thanks to this thread :rotfl: .

vanilla cupcake :thumbsup2

Lovely! The Vanilla cupcake smells good enough to eat.

I ordered some too last night... :blush:

natalielongstaff
02-10-2009, 06:15 AM
I ordered some too last night... :blush:

:lmao:

wicket2005
02-10-2009, 06:20 AM
:lmao: This is going to turn in to the "Blame it on Claire" thread!!

What did you get?

Too true!:rotfl: Another thing I will be buying in Orlando this year so far Pandora charms, Disney charms, Yankee candles and Happy Birthday Stitch. At least the first 2 are small.

Where are the Yankee candles shops? We usually go in The Florida Mall and the Mall of Millenia. I don't suppose there are any outlet stores for them is there?

Joanne UK
02-10-2009, 07:11 AM
I received 2 Butterscotch Cookie tarts in the post this morning that I'd bought from EBay. They smell delicious!

I would recommend Just Candles to anyone new to the YC cult - according to their website they stock more Yankee products than anywhere else in the UK. I never order online from there though as they are only about 20 mins drive from me!

Pinky166
02-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Too true!:rotfl: Another thing I will be buying in Orlando this year so far Pandora charms, Disney charms, Yankee candles and Happy Birthday Stitch. At least the first 2 are small.

Where are the Yankee candles shops? We usually go in The Florida Mall and the Mall of Millenia. I don't suppose there are any outlet stores for them is there?

Our list sound very similar! :rolleyes1

Yep they have YC shops at both of those malls! If you register on their website they send discount vouchers from time to time so you maybe lucky to get one valid for your trip. :thumbsup2

natalielongstaff
02-10-2009, 07:27 AM
What are the delivery times like Claire, i want mine NOW !

Pinky166
02-10-2009, 07:29 AM
I received 2 Butterscotch Cookie tarts in the post this morning that I'd bought from EBay. They smell delicious!

Butterscotch cookie sounds nice! :goodvibes

I bought a new YC tart burner from ebay this morning! :woohoo:

Pinky166
02-10-2009, 07:30 AM
What are the delivery times like Claire, i want mine NOW !

Very quick Nat, a day or two. :thumbsup2

wicket2005
02-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Our list sound very similar! :rolleyes1

Yep they have YC shops at both of those malls! If you register on their website they send discount vouchers from time to time so you maybe lucky to get one valid for your trip. :thumbsup2

I will do that, thanks. I drove up to a garden centre that I was convinced sold them but it didn't, oh well, bought another scenty one as I had made the journey.

I will try another garden centre the opposite end of the town at the weekend and my local Collectables (Metro Centre store stocked them).

I really wanted to get a tart burner then a few tarts to try, may resort to EBay.

wils
02-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Just in case anyone is interested

Yankeedoodle.co.uk are doing:

Buy 3 Small Jars for the Price of 2 - choose from over 100 fragrances !

AND

3 for £33.97 on over 95 Fragrances of Medium Jars

Gaynor
02-10-2009, 10:31 AM
I can join in this thread now because today I received 2 yankee candles from my secret sender in the Valentine gift exchange.
I'm really chuffed I've never used them before, they smell gorgeous. :)

wicket2005
02-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Just ordered from yankeedoodle - Midnight Jasmine, Strawberry and Vanilla Cupcake in various forms.

natalielongstaff
02-10-2009, 11:29 AM
Very quick Nat, a day or two. :thumbsup2

Bonus :cool1:

T16GEM
02-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Vanilla cupcake is Fragrance of the month and should be 25% off at most places - we have nearly sold out! it's turned out to be VERY popular!

We just had our Yankee Loyalty night tonight and it was so much fun! Yankee sent us loads of goody bags with free stuff to give away and they also proved popular with everyone!

I think I am an addict! :)

wicket2005
02-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Lovely Gems, it is always nice to get freebies.

Goofysmate
02-11-2009, 03:34 AM
Vanilla cupcake is Fragrance of the month and should be 25% off at most places - we have nearly sold out! it's turned out to be VERY popular!

We just had our Yankee Loyalty night tonight and it was so much fun! Yankee sent us loads of goody bags with free stuff to give away and they also proved popular with everyone!

That sounds like a fun night Gem :)

natalielongstaff
02-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Wish i lived nearer to your shop Gems :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-11-2009, 06:54 AM

Ohh gotta love freebies!!! What did you get?

Do you have a website where you sell them?

wicket2005
02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I emailed Yankee Candles UK to find my nearest stockist. Turns out it is my nearest garden centre which I dismissed yesterday, doh! Anyway just been and bought Silician Orange and a Mango jars and the shop assistant was an addict. She said they were expecting new Spring stock and had I tried baby powder, I said I hadn't tried any and was buying through the recommendations of a forum. She ran off and gave me a free tart, I was so chuffed.

Then in Tesco the lady in front of me gave me her points for my reward card. So I am feeling lucky today and have asked my hubbie to buy me a lottery card tonight.

natalielongstaff
02-11-2009, 08:00 AM
I emailed Yankee Candles UK to find my nearest stockist. Turns out it is my nearest garden centre which I dismissed yesterday, doh! Anyway just been and bought Silician Orange and a Mango jars and the shop assistant was an addict. She said they were expecting new Spring stock and had I tried baby powder, I said I hadn't tried any and was buying through the recommendations of a forum. She ran off and gave me a free tart, I was so chuffed.

Then in Tesco the lady in front of me gave me her points for my reward card. So I am feeling lucky today and have asked my hubbie to buy me a lottery card tonight.

Wow, i love it when people do kind things lke that, it restores your faith in human nature :hug:

Pinky166
02-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Wow thats fab Bev - do you want to pick me some lottery numbers too? ;)

Nat - I forgot to say my YC stuff arrived this morning, did yours?

wicket2005
02-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Just been burning the tart I was given (baby powder or something like that) and YES the room smells of it, at last, candles with a scent that make the room smell. This scent is okay, know for a fact the hubbie and eldest don't like it but I don't like some of the smells they emit sometimes:lmao: so they can put up with it but at least I know it works.

The garden centre is getting a load of new stock in, in a couple of weeks so I will go back in March.

natalielongstaff
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Nat - I forgot to say my YC stuff arrived this morning, did yours?

:sad2: no ! hope they come tomorrow

Pinky166
02-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Just been burning the tart I was given (baby powder or something like that) and YES the room smells of it, at last, candles with a scent that make the room smell. This scent is okay, know for a fact the hubbie and eldest don't like it but I don't like some of the smells they emit sometimes:lmao: so they can put up with it but at least I know it works.

The garden centre is getting a load of new stock in, in a couple of weeks so I will go back in March.

LOL!!! Make them suffer!

You just reminded me - last night hubby couldn't see the candle I had lit & we were sat watching tv & he said to me which one of the dogs is doing flower scented f*rts??? :lmao: He was caught in the crossfire of the dog & my candle.

:sad2: no ! hope they come tomorrow

I am sure you will get it tomorrow. Maybe your post office is still back logged from all the snow?

T16GEM
02-11-2009, 03:55 PM

How lovely that they gave you a free tart!

tarts are actually stronger smelling than jars, not many people know that. I must also recommend yankee tea lights as they are fantastic!

I don't think they will have any new fragrances in until the Quarter 2 releases in April, the Quarter 1 ones are already out and they are Cherry Blossom, Garden Sweet Pea, Dune Grass, Plumeria and another which escapes me right now. Quarter 2 releases are Black Cherry (Can't wait for that one!!!), Island Guava, Kiwi Sweet Berries, Tropical Fruit. HTH :goodvibes

CustardTart
02-11-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm a big tart.... :scared1:

....fan!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Currently have Candied Apple (a new one to me) burning - v-e-r-y nice!!! :thumbsup2

I like the sound of Tropical Fruit...

BRobson
02-11-2009, 04:12 PM

Currently have Candied Apple (a new one to me) burning - v-e-r-y nice!!! :thumbsup2

Snap -not to the fact I am a tart .................................................. .

fan!!!

but I am burning Candied Apple too - love it :goodvibes

Pinky166
02-11-2009, 05:17 PM

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ....you're a nutter!

I've got Candied Apple as a votive but haven't used it yet....maybe tomorrow.

I am burning starfruit & orange at the mo which is lovely! :goodvibes

Pinky166
02-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Quarter 2 releases are Black Cherry (Can't wait for that one!!!), Island Guava, Kiwi Sweet Berries, Tropical Fruit. HTH :goodvibes

I like the sound of those....can you post on here when you get them in please. :goodvibes

MaddieB
02-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know what the difference between Vera Cruz Vanilla and French Vanilla is? I prefer the fudgey type of vanilla smell if that makes sense. Anyone have a preference between these type different vanilla fragrances?

T16GEM
02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Does anyone know what the difference between Vera Cruz Vanilla and French Vanilla is? I prefer the fudgey type of vanilla smell if that makes sense. Anyone have a preference between these type different vanilla fragrances?

It's a hard one to explain, Vera Cruz Vanilla is from the World Journeys Range and was a bit more sort of spicy and stronger vanilla scent, if you like fudgy vanilla then I would say that you should go for French Vanilla, that is a more traditional vanilla scent for sure.
HTH

T16GEM
02-12-2009, 03:46 AM
I like the sound of those....can you post on here when you get them in please. :goodvibes

Sure no problem :goodvibes

wicket2005
02-12-2009, 04:19 AM
I don't think they will have any new fragrances in until the Quarter 2 releases in April, the Quarter 1 ones are already out and they are Cherry Blossom, Garden Sweet Pea, Dune Grass, Plumeria and another which escapes me right now. Quarter 2 releases are Black Cherry (Can't wait for that one!!!), Island Guava, Kiwi Sweet Berries, Tropical Fruit. HTH :goodvibes

The garden centre has not had the quarter 1 stock in yet, they rang whilst I was there. They didn't have much stock only 1 tart, and about 4 selections of votives, they had a lot of the jars in the various sizes in about 10 fragrances.

That was interesting about the tarts as they are cheap to buy and just as effective at filling the room up with a scent. I will be buying a selection of the different products, but like the thought of using the tarts through the day and the jars/votives on a night.

Joanne UK
02-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Just Candles have a current offer on of Buy 2 Large Jars and get 1 free. It doesn't include the full range but there are 30 different scents to choose from.

CustardTart
02-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Today I am mixing it up and burning half-and-half of Cafe Au Lait and Chocolate Cupcake in the hall and conservatory with Creme Brulee in the living room!!! It all smells so gooood... :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :cloud9:

wicket2005
02-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Sounds delicious. I am burning Baby Powder in the kitchen which has filled the whole house up, very impressed. I am looking forward to receiving a tart in a different fragrance now.

natalielongstaff
02-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Mine have arrived Claire, im going to burn it tonight after tea ;)

wideeyes
02-12-2009, 10:17 AM
I think I will order some online, my local Hallmark hasn't got any ones that I like in the Jar at the moment. I have midnight cove which I am going to burn later on.

Bolanette87
02-12-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm just browsing them online.... I've come over all spendy! (Whats new there I hear you all cry! :lmao: )

Bob xoxoxox

wideeyes
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm just browsing them online.... I've come over all spendy! (Whats new there I hear you all cry! :lmao: )

Bob xoxoxox

me too, I am looking and there is loads I want to try, I should probably just buy the sample sizes first though. I already have a few jars that haven't been used yet.

CustardTart
02-12-2009, 10:23 AM

Bob xoxoxox

Bob!!! Step away from the computer and put away your MOP (means of payment)... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bolanette87
02-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Bob!!! Step away from the computer and put away your MOP (means of payment)... :eek: :eek: :eek:

*strokes purse* Now why would I want to do that?! :lmao:

I fancy the Creme Brulee one...... That sounds yummy! But I love fruity smells so the Brazillian Passionfruit one sounds very darn good!

Bob xoxooxoxoxox

CustardTart
02-12-2009, 10:50 AM
*strokes purse* Now why would I want to do that?! :lmao:

I fancy the Creme Brulee one...... That sounds yummy! But I love fruity smells so the Brazillian Passionfruit one sounds very darn good!

Bob xoxooxoxoxox

The Creme Brulee is lovely - I'd quite forgotten how nice actually... :cloud9:
Of course, if you went the 'tart' route ;) you could combine the fragrances thereby creating a Passionfruit Creme Brulee - YUMMY!!!!! Wish I'd tried that now... :laughing:

Pinky166
02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Glad yours arrived Nat! :thumbsup2

I had Creme Brulee the other day, it was lovely. SPEND BOB SPEND!!

I am burning Cherry Lemonade at the mo. :goodvibes I ordered a Tart Burner from ebay which arrived today with a free Dune Grass tart. :cool1:

Bolanette87
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
The Creme Brulee is lovely - I'd quite forgotten how nice actually... :cloud9:
Of course, if you went the 'tart' route ;) you could combine the fragrances thereby creating a Passionfruit Creme Brulee - YUMMY!!!!! Wish I'd tried that now... :laughing:

Mmmmmm!!!!! :cloud9:

Glad yours arrived Nat! :thumbsup2

I had Creme Brulee the other day, it was lovely. SPEND BOB SPEND!!
I am burning Cherry Lemonade at the mo. :goodvibes I ordered a Tart Burner from ebay which arrived today with a free Dune Grass tart. :cool1:

What are we like Claire?!? We just constantly drain each others bank accounts!!! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxoox

wideeyes
02-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I am burning white choclate mint in my bedroom.

I just went a little crazy and got Jasmine Green tea, Cafe Au latte, Egyption Cotton and cherry blossom wax tarts(I haven't even got a wax burner:confused3 ) and I also got Cherry Lemonade which smells lovely in the medium jar and Brazillan passion fruit in the small jar.

Pinky166
02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
What are we like Claire?!? We just constantly drain each others bank accounts!!! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxoox

I know we are bad influences on each other! :lmao:

I have been burning Canary Island Bananas but it isn't very strong....don't think I will bother getting this one again. I am now trying to decide between Berry Crumble & Brazilian Passion Fruit.....

CustardTart
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM
I've just switched to my all-time fave Home Sweet Home... :thumbsup2

natalielongstaff
02-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Does anyone have any tips for burning the jars, mine always seem to burn uneven !

CustardTart
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Does anyone have any tips for burning the jars, mine always seem to burn uneven !

Always trim the wicks to about half a cm and the first time you light a candle, let it burn long enough for the whole surface to melt. Thereafter it should burn down evenly without pooling... :goodvibes

Bolanette87
02-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm getting very tempted to by me a tart burner.... And lots of tarts to fill it!

Bob xoxoxox

CustardTart
02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm getting very tempted to by me a tart burner.... And lots of tarts to fill it!

Bob xoxoxox
Definitely easiest and you you can change fragrances more quickly... ;)

Pinky166
02-13-2009, 06:20 PM
I have only used the tarts once or twice & it was with the same fragrance.

Is their a way to change them or do you have to burn them until they've all gone? I haven't tried to get a melted tart out of the burner before - is their a knack to it?

natalielongstaff
02-14-2009, 02:59 AM

Is their a way to change them or do you have to burn them until they've all gone? I haven't tried to get a melted tart out of the burner before - is their a knack to it?

Wait till it goes hard again and then pop it out from one side using your thumbs :)

natalielongstaff
02-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Always trim the wicks to about half a cm and the first time you light a candle, let it burn long enough for the whole surface to melt. Thereafter it should burn down evenly without pooling... :goodvibes

i do that :confused3

Pinky166
02-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Wait till it goes hard again and then pop it out from one side using your thumbs :)

Thanks Nat, I thought it would come out easily but have never tried. :thumbsup2 I usually stick to jars & votives.

I have the same problem as you with my jars.....I cut the wick short aswell. :confused3

Joanne UK
02-14-2009, 06:25 AM
i always find with jars that some burn evenly and some just don't, even though you seem to do everything right. I use a shade which is another tip to prevent tunnelling but it still happens.

What I do if I end up with a lot of candle at the end because it's tunnelled is scoop it out and burn it in the tart burner!

Joanne UK
02-14-2009, 06:28 AM

Once the tart has solidified again and is cold I pop the burner into the freezer for about half an hour. Then the tart slides out really easily.

Pinky166
02-14-2009, 06:31 AM
What I do if I end up with a lot of candle at the end because it's tunnelled is scoop it out and burn it in the tart burner!

That is such a great tip!!! Thank you. :flower3:

Once the tart has solidified again and is cold I pop the burner into the freezer for about half an hour. Then the tart slides out really easily.

I will definately try that. :thumbsup2

natalielongstaff
02-14-2009, 06:54 AM
That is such a great tip!!! Thank you. :flower3:

yes it is, i never would have thought of that :cool1:

T16GEM
02-14-2009, 01:58 PM
If your jars are burning unevenly then you could always buy an illumalid which is a topper for the jar that directs the heat back into the jar and helps it to burn evenly without tunneling, by using an illumalid you can sometimes rescue a jar that is tunnelling. The only downside of them is that they don't come in many designs.

I have started burning Malaysian Palm today too - it's lovely! :)

Bolanette87
02-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I have treated myself to a tart burner and two tarts today.... I got Pomegranate Cider (Which I'm burning now and its lovely!) and Vanilla Lime..... :goodvibes

Gonna order some more tarts now as the Garden Centre didn't have a large selection!

Bob xoxoxox

Bolanette87
02-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Right, I've just ordered 12 Tarts for the Price of 10 off the Just Candles site.... I ordered:

-x2 Juicy Cherry (My all time fave Yankee Candle!!)
-Brazilian Passion Fruit
-Blueberry Scone
-Crème Brulee
-Granny Smith
-Tangerine
-Greek Fig & Blackcurrant
-Juicy Orange
-Orchard Pear
-Island Mango
-Mango Peach Salsa

Can you tell we love fruity smells??

Bob xoxoxox

wicket2005
02-15-2009, 10:33 AM
I have the pear and the mango ones and they are lovely. We love the fruity smells best. Though I did get a midnight jasmine one which I like but the hubbie doesn't, he doesn't like the floral ones.

At the moment I think the tart burners have the strongest fragrance which is good because they are the cheapest.

Bolanette87
02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I have the pear and the mango ones and they are lovely. We love the fruity smells best. Though I did get a midnight jasmine one which I like but the hubbie doesn't, he doesn't like the floral ones.

At the moment I think the tart burners have the strongest fragrance which is good because they are the cheapest.

Roberts the same... He hates floral smells with a passion! He reckons he's like a snake and can only smell things via taste.... :lmao: Hence the love of fruity smells!

I ordered the Orchard Pear 'cause I smelled it at the Garden Centre today, fell in love with it, and was then heartbroken when they didn't have the tart!

I might buy another couple of tart burners to put in various rooms of the house (When we have our own, obviously!)

Bob xoxoxox

wicket2005
02-15-2009, 10:39 AM
I put one tart on in the kitchen and it filled all downstairs with its smell. It was the free tart I was given 'baby powder' which is okay but the hubbie smells it and thinks of baby's nappies. So a good excuse to buy some new ones, me thinks.:rotfl:

CustardTart
02-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Right, I've just ordered 12 Tarts for the Price of 10 off the Just Candles site.... I ordered:

-x2 Juicy Cherry (My all time fave Yankee Candle!!)
-Brazilian Passion Fruit
-Blueberry Scone
-Crème Brulee
-Granny Smith
-Tangerine
-Greek Fig & Blackcurrant
-Juicy Orange
-Orchard Pear
-Island Mango
-Mango Peach Salsa

Can you tell we love fruity smells??

Bob xoxoxox

Yes, I do too (my all time frooty fave is Cucumber & Canteloupe which I think is retired now :sad:) plus adore the foody ones as the floral ones make my sinuses explode!!! :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

In case anyone's interested (and sometimes there are bargains to be had) QVC has a YC TSV coming up on March 13th... :goodvibes

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
In case anyone's interested (and sometimes there are bargains to be had) QVC has a YC TSV coming up on March 13th... :goodvibes

oh dear i fear a credit card meltdown :rotfl2:

Bolanette87
02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Argh! I want a Purrrchouli tart!!! I want it I want it I want it!!!!!! *stamps feet*

Bob xoxoxoxox

thelittlemermaid83
02-15-2009, 02:11 PM
What the hell is a tart? lol

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
What the hell is a tart? lol

oh Em you've not lived hun ;)

thelittlemermaid83
02-15-2009, 02:13 PM
oh Em you've not lived hun ;)

:rotfl2: I was afraid someone was going to say that.

Natasha&Matt
02-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Oooooooooook Lol i have been on Ebay and have purchased the following Yankee Candle Votives :rotfl2:

Root Beer Float
Vanilla Cupcake
Fudge Ripple
Storm Watch
Country Kitchen Banana Cream Pie
Creme Brulee
Baby Powder
Sun & Sand
Cherry Lemonade
Granny Smith
Juicy Orange
Lavender Sage
Lilac Blossom
Macintosh

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.just-candles.net/details.asp?PID=12404

these are tarts x x

thelittlemermaid83
02-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Thanks Nat.

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 02:15 PM
:rotfl2: I was afraid someone was going to say that.

:lmao: trust it to be me !!

thelittlemermaid83
02-15-2009, 02:16 PM
:lmao: trust it to be me !!

:rotfl2:

Joanne UK
02-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I have treated myself to a tart burner and two tarts today.... I got Pomegranate Cider (Which I'm burning now and its lovely!) and Vanilla Lime..... :goodvibes

Gonna order some more tarts now as the Garden Centre didn't have a large selection!

Bob xoxoxox

Good choices! I love Pomegranate Cider and Vanilla Lime is one of my top 3 Yankee smells!

Joanne UK
02-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Argh! I want a Purrrchouli tart!!! I want it I want it I want it!!!!!! *stamps feet*

Bob xoxoxoxox

Just Candles have a Medium Jar a Votive and tarts for sale on their website in Purrrchouli.

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Anyone want to start a yankee candle annonymous group :rotfl2:

Pinky166
02-15-2009, 03:00 PM
I think we should Nat! Along with a "lets start saving & not spend group!" :rotfl2:

Natasha&Matt
Omg this is so crazy :lmao:

I cant wait till they come i wanna smell them all now! :rotfl2:

Natasha&Matt
I think we should Nat! Along with a "lets start saving & not spend group!" :rotfl2:

Thats a good group :rotfl2: at this rate im going to have to cancel my holiday as i wont be able to pay for it each month :lmao:

natalielongstaff
02-15-2009, 03:01 PM

That will never catch on with you lot, you are unstopabble :rotfl2:

Natasha&Matt
02-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Lol got my friend msg me on facebook asking about them now shes on ebay buying some :lmao:

Pinky166
02-15-2009, 03:13 PM
That will never catch on with you lot, you are unstopabble :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I think your right Nat! I am sat here looking at bloomin' more YC on Ebay!

Bolanette87
02-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Good choices! I love Pomegranate Cider and Vanilla Lime is one of my top 3 Yankee smells!

We're just burning the Pomegranate Cider one now... It's lovely.... :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

darthtatty
02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
im sure our local Clintons were starting to stock these, will look in town next week.

they smell devine, might treat myself :)

BRobson
02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
:rotfl2: I think your right Nat! I am sat here looking at bloomin' more YC on Ebay!

I overdosed smelling them all it our local shop today - DH dragged me away though :lmao:

Pinky166
02-15-2009, 04:43 PM
We're just burning the Pomegranate Cider one now... It's lovely.... :goodvibes

Bob xoxoxox

Bob that Purr chouli or whatever its called is on sale for 50p per tart.....
http://www.yankeedoodle.co.uk/x-cart/purr-chouli-wax-tart-yankee-candle-c-117-p-1-pr-32805.html

I overdosed smelling them all it our local shop today - DH dragged me away though :lmao:

:rotfl2: I'm like that too....

Bolanette87
02-15-2009, 04:48 PM
Robert just ordered me a Purrchouli one from ebay- Not as cheap as 50p mind Claire! Will bear that in mind for next time!

Bob xoxoxox

BRobson
02-15-2009, 04:48 PM
:rotfl2: I'm like that too....

I will just go back during the week :rotfl:

Pinky166
02-15-2009, 05:14 PM
I will just go back during the week :rotfl:

Have you ever been in the YC shops in the Mall at Milennia & Florida Mall??? I'm like a kid in a sweat shop! Hubby ends up waiting on a bench outside! :rotfl2:

BRobson
02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Have you ever been in the YC shops in the Mall at Milennia & Florida Mall??? I'm like a kid in a sweat shop! Hubby ends up waiting on a bench outside! :rotfl2:

Yeah - between Yankee Candles and Sephora. Although Brian can spend hours in The Apple Store :lmao: and $$$$ too so whats a few candles ;)

Pinky166
02-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah - between Yankee Candles and Sephora. Although Brian can spend hours in The Apple Store :lmao: and $$$$ too so whats a few candles ;)

Ohh yeah I love Sephora and Bath & Body Works too. :goodvibes

CustardTart
02-16-2009, 09:03 AM

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

It's all about Sephora and YC for me too... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

There's a YC show on QVC now and again at 8pm... ;)

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
LOL!!!!! That is so funny as when I typed it I actually thought to myself it would be funny if I said sweat shop instead of sweet shop!!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:blush: :blush: :blush: Can't believe I didn't notice!

thelittlemermaid83
02-16-2009, 11:19 AM
lol Claire what are you like ha ha

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Do the tarts evaporate to nothing? Or do you just burn them till they stop smelling?

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Im so excited i should get mine tomoro :goodvibes Woohooooo :cool1:

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Do the tarts evaporate to nothing? Or do you just burn them till they stop smelling?

They evaporate eventually but burn for about 10+ hours.

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Thanks Claire, I will just keep burning them till they disappear, moved baby powder in to this room away from hubbie. Burning Orchard Pear in lounge, mandarin cranberry in kitchen, midnight jasmine in bedroom and a Christmas one from a few year's ago in the bathroom. This one I am going to check if it still smells in a small room as I have not noticed its smell in the lounge, may put a new one in this one.

thelittlemermaid83
02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Seriously im not buying any YC as i can see myself getting into debt....must stay away from this thread....lol.

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks Claire, I will just keep burning them till they disappear, moved baby powder in to this room away from hubbie. Burning Orchard Pear in lounge, mandarin cranberry in kitchen, midnight jasmine in bedroom and a Christmas one from a few year's ago in the bathroom. This one I am going to check if it still smells in a small room as I have not noticed its smell in the lounge, may put a new one in this one.

If you get bored of the same scent then let them solidify & pop them out. I have done that with mine today and am now burning Blueberry.

Seriously im not buying any YC as i can see myself getting into debt....must stay away from this thread....lol.

I hear ya....I need to stay away from the DIS, Facebook & Ebay!!!! :lmao:

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 12:09 PM

I know I dare not look at anything else Claire mentions, in case I get addicted. At least the tarts for the Yankee Candles are only a £1.:rotfl: Keeps me going till I can buy another Pandora charm.

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Tell me about Emma :rotfl2: i bought 14 Votives yesterday and im still looking :lmao:

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 12:19 PM
The best thing to do is find them in shops and see if you like the smell. I was tempted to buy a mystery tart pack from Yankeedoodle but after going in and smelling them today there are quite a few I don't like and ones I do love.

thelittlemermaid83
02-16-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm tempted to look on Ebay tho if i do i have a feeling the money im supposed to use on bills tomorrow may get spend on these instead lol.

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm tempted to look on Ebay tho if i do i have a feeling the money im supposed to use on bills tomorrow may get spend on these instead lol.

STOP!!!! I was just looking and it happened :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Quite sensible bills have to be paid first.:goodvibes

natalielongstaff
02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Quite sensible bills have to be paid first.:goodvibes

:rotfl2: not that you would guess that from this thread !

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Nat, the Pandora thread is even worse, most of us are on that. At least the tarts are cheaper than the charms.:rotfl:

CustardTart
02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Nat, the Pandora thread is even worse, most of us are on that. At least the tarts are cheaper than the charms.:rotfl:
Very true!!! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I'm currently burning Good Morning and Vanilla Cupcake - they work well together... :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 12:54 PM

Don't do it Emma! You definately need to pay your bills first. :thumbsup2

Plus if you look at the tarts then you need to get tea lights & a tart burner too....

STOP!!!! I was just looking and it happened :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao:

Have you bought more Tash?

wicket2005
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Very true!!! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I'm currently burning Good Morning and Vanilla Cupcake - they work well together... :thumbsup2

I love the vanilla cupcake, got one for the car too.

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 12:55 PM

....I keep buying them aswell! :headache:

thelittlemermaid83
02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Don't do it Emma! You definately need to pay your bills first. :thumbsup2

Plus if you look at the tarts then you need to get tea lights & a tart burner too....

A tart burner aswell....ouch these addictions are starting to add up LOL.

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Have you bought more Tash?

Not yet :rotfl2: I am currently looking at tarts and burners :lmao:

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Shame they dont do a Disney Scent :rotfl2:

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 01:01 PM
A tart burner aswell....ouch these addictions are starting to add up LOL.

Yeah. I've got a few & bought another one the other day, it was only £8 but still all adds up if you are just starting out with them.

natalielongstaff
02-16-2009, 01:02 PM
I love the vanilla cupcake, got one for the car too.

and me !

Im NOT buying a bloomin pandora bracelet :rotfl2: i shall resist !!!

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Not yet :rotfl2: I am currently looking at tarts and burners :lmao:

Your just as bad as me....I bought 10 tarts this morning. :headache:

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 01:04 PM
and me !

Im NOT buying a bloomin pandora bracelet :rotfl2: i shall resist !!!

:lmao: Go on! You know you want to Nat! ;)

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Your just as bad as me....I bought 10 tarts this morning. :headache:

Ooo which ones you get? x

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Ooo which ones you get? x

I got these (all tarts) I have had these as votives before....

Cafe au lait
Mango peach salsa
starfruit & orange
Home Sweet Home

....these are all new ones I am going to try:

Festival of Light
Vanilla Lime
Island Spa
Sun & Sand
Juicy Peach
Amber Glow

Natasha&Matt
02-16-2009, 01:13 PM
I got Sun & Sand coming tomoro :thumbsup2 What does Home sweet home smell like?

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I got Sun & Sand coming tomoro :thumbsup2 What does Home sweet home smell like?

To be honest....I can't really remember as it was one of the first ones I tried a few years ago but I haven't had it again since.....I ordered it to refresh my memory, I'll let you know when it arrives. :thumbsup2

CustardTart
02-16-2009, 02:56 PM
What does Home sweet home smell like?

I'd say cinnamon, spices, and a little bit fruity - it's actually my all-time fave... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Bolanette87
02-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I have the Juicy Peach gel air freshner in my car at the moment.... It's gorgeous! I need that one as a tart!

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Oh your here Bob, just been wondering about you:goodvibes

I like the gingerbread one and christmas cookie:thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
I'd say cinnamon, spices, and a little bit fruity - it's actually my all-time fave... :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks...I thought it was a bit cinnamony as that is my fave scent but I couldn't remember. :thumbsup2

I have the Juicy Peach gel air freshner in my car at the moment.... It's gorgeous! I need that one as a tart!

Bob xoxoxox

I can't wait to smell that one, I hope mine arrive tomorrow. :thumbsup2

Bolanette87
02-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh your here Bob, just been wondering about you:goodvibes

I like the gingerbread one and christmas cookie:thumbsup2

I noticed! I just replied on the Pandora thread! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if anywhere in Newcastle stocks Yankee Candles? :confused3

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I noticed! I just replied on the Pandora thread! :goodvibes

Does anyone know if anywhere in Newcastle stocks Yankee Candles? :confused3

Bob xoxoxox

Yes Bob, you can get them at Boundary Mills and Peter Barratts also collectables have agood selection:thumbsup2

I feel you have another addiction coming on Bob:rotfl2:

Pinky166
02-16-2009, 03:42 PM

Revenge!!! :lmao:

At least this one is cheaper!

The Fetherstons
02-16-2009, 03:43 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bolanette87
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Yes Bob, you can get them at Boundary Mills and Peter Barratts also collectables have agood selection:thumbsup2

Might have to pop into Collectables tomorrow morning... :rolleyes1

Revenge?? On little old me?!

It won't be cheaper the way I buy them!! :rolleyes:

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Might have to pop into Collectables tomorrow morning... :rolleyes1

Revenge?? On little old me?!

It won't be cheaper the way I buy them!! :rolleyes:

Bob xoxoxox

Which ones are you after, when I was in there last week they have one called wedding day, not sure if you know about it!!!!

They do have a jewellery counter too, no Pandora there tho:rotfl:
and they have lots of nice disney ornaments

happy shopping:yay:

Bolanette87
02-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Which ones are you after, when I was in there last week they have one called wedding day, not sure if you know about it!!!!

They do have a jewellery counter too, no Pandora there tho:rotfl:
and they have lots of nice disney ornaments

happy shopping:yay:

I don't like the smell of the wedding day one... Shame as I would have got it to put away for the big day!

I will pop along tomorrow if I have the time! I fancy spending more money I don't really have! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-16-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't like the smell of the wedding day one... Shame as I would have got it to put away for the big day!

I will pop along tomorrow if I have the time! I fancy spending more money I don't really have! :lmao:

Bob xoxoxox

Why not, treat yourself:goodvibes

Bolanette87
02-17-2009, 07:36 AM
I bought myself a new Pomegrante Cider Tart, and also Juicy Peach and Orange and Starfruit Tarts too...

And my Purrrrrrrrrrrrr-Chouli came from Ebay! Woot!

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-17-2009, 07:39 AM
I bought myself a new Pomegrante Cider Tart, and also Juicy Peach and Orange and Starfruit Tarts too...

And my Purrrrrrrrrrrrr-Chouli came from Ebay! Woot!

Bob xoxoxox

Oooh lovely Bob, did you go to collectables???

mandymouse
02-17-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm burning a Coconut one at the moment. It reminds me of holidays, sun tan lotion and Malibu ;)

The Fetherstons
02-17-2009, 07:45 AM
I'm burning a Coconut one at the moment. It reminds me of holidays, sun tan lotion and Malibu ;)

oooh that sounds delicious:goodvibes

Bolanette87
02-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Oooh lovely Bob, did you go to collectables???

Indeed I did! ::yes::

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-17-2009, 07:49 AM
Indeed I did! ::yes::

Bob xoxoxox

Did you also venture past to Pandora shop today??;)

Bolanette87
02-17-2009, 07:52 AM
Did you also venture past to Pandora shop today??;)

I ventured into the Pandora Shop with my friend, yes..... Why??

Bob xoxoxox

The Fetherstons
02-17-2009, 07:54 AM
I ventured into the Pandora Shop with my friend, yes..... Why??

Bob xoxoxox

I just knew you couldnt venture into Newcastle without a visit:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dare I ask did do get anything or were you just browsing???

Bolanette87
02-17-2009, 07:59 AM
I just knew you couldnt venture into Newcastle without a visit:rotfl: :rotfl:

Dare I ask did do get anything or were you just browsing???

:lmao: Darn straight!

I didn't get anything other than my tarts!

Bob xoxoxox

Natasha&Matt
02-17-2009, 10:04 AM
12 of mine arrived today :goodvibes Omg how lush do they smell??!!

I cannot wait to burn my Root Beer one is smells soo good :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Glad yours arrived Tash, mine didn't come today - oh well hopefully tomorrow! I am still burning blueberry.

Natasha&Matt
02-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Im burning the Cherry Lemonade one at work :rotfl2: Making Reception smell gorgeous im saving the Root Beer one for hometime :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Im burning the Cherry Lemonade one at work :rotfl2: Making Reception smell gorgeous im saving the Root Beer one for hometime :thumbsup2

:lmao: You should make them pay for it!

natalielongstaff
02-17-2009, 12:31 PM
im burning Tahitian tiare flower at the moment :thumbsup2

wicket2005
02-17-2009, 12:40 PM

That sounds posh, Nat.:)

natalielongstaff
02-17-2009, 01:05 PM
That sounds posh, Nat.:)

of course :rotfl2: its lovely and VERY strong !

Pinky166
02-17-2009, 01:56 PM
of course :rotfl2: its lovely and VERY strong !

Ohhh I bought a votive of that one......can't wait to try it. :thumbsup2

T16GEM
02-17-2009, 03:21 PM

I love that one! God knows why they have retired it. :sad2:

Natasha&Matt
02-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Loving my Root Beer Float one :thumbsup2 Lush x

Natasha&Matt
02-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Got my Baby Powder one today & Sun and Sand they both smell gorgeous i keep smelling the baby powder one yummy! x

tashasmum
02-18-2009, 07:06 AM
Baby powder is my all time favourite, dh hates it.

Just spotted a coupon for 10% off at a shop local to me so guess where i am going on Saturday.:rotfl2:

Bolanette87
02-18-2009, 07:24 AM
My tarts have all just come! :banana:

Bob xoxox

T16GEM
02-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Got my Baby Powder one today & Sun and Sand they both smell gorgeous i keep smelling the baby powder one yummy! x

Does Sun and Sand remind you of sun cream? I love it!!

Danauk
02-18-2009, 08:19 AM
I've got my country linnen burning at the moment, I need to get more vanilla cupcake though, I love that smell.

natalielongstaff
02-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Does Sun and Sand remind you of sun cream? I love it!!

ooh i must try that one then :thumbsup2

Joanne UK
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm burning Pomegranite Cider tonight - still trying to use up my winter smells!

CustardTart
02-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Gotta 'mix and match' thing going on this evening - Home Sweet Home in the hall, Vanilla Caramel in the living room and Brazilian Passion Fruit in the conservatory... It's all yummy... :cloud9:

Bolanette87
02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm burning Orchard Pear tonight...

Bob xxoxox

CustardTart
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I'm burning Orchard Pear tonight...

Bob xxoxox

I ordered that in one of the double wick tumbler candles the other day, Bob! As well as Cinnamon & Sugar and Mulling Spices... :thumbsup2 I don't buy candles too often as I like the flexibility of tarts so I'm looking forward to receiving these... :goodvibes

Bolanette87
02-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I ordered that in one of the double wick tumbler candles the other day, Bob! As well as Cinnamon & Sugar and Mulling Spices... :thumbsup2 I don't buy candles too often as I like the flexibility of tarts so I'm looking forward to receiving these... :goodvibes

It's honestly really lovely....

Bob xoxoxox

CustardTart
02-18-2009, 02:50 PM
It's honestly really lovely....

Bob xoxoxox

Cool... :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-18-2009, 03:33 PM

I was tempted by that set Karen but I managed to resist!!! :faint:

I was going to burn my Orchard Pear tart tonight too but opted for Cafe au Lait....which is lovely. :thumbsup2

CustardTart
02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
I was tempted by that set Karen but I managed to resist!!! :faint:

I was going to burn my Orchard Pear tart tonight too but opted for Cafe au Lait....which is lovely. :thumbsup2

You're stronger than me, Claire! :goodvibes :thumbsup2 ;) I do like the tumbler style so decided to go for it... :rolleyes:

Pinky166
02-18-2009, 03:48 PM
You're stronger than me, Claire! :goodvibes :thumbsup2 ;) I do like the tumbler style so decided to go for it... :rolleyes:

Only because I had been told off that morning as I had ordered 4 new charms in 48 hours!!! :lmao:

mandymouse
02-20-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm burning the Candied Apple that my Valentine Sender sent me, it's lovely :)

Goofysmate
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Brought two Evening Primrose tarts to try out . Will burn them tonight:)

With all this burning going on we all sound like a bunch of Arsonist :rotfl:

jjk
02-20-2009, 08:27 AM
I am burning the sparkling cinnamon from my secret sender and it is lovely xx

wicket2005
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm burning the Candied Apple that my Valentine Sender sent me, it's lovely :)

I bought a couple of tarts of this scent off Ebay so glad it smells nice.

Pinky166
02-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I've got Juicy Peach on the go at the moment, it's lovely.

CustardTart
02-20-2009, 09:06 AM
When I cleaned the cloakroom yesterday, I found a cute orange tart burner in the under-sink cupboard that had never been used!!! :goodvibes So I'm trying it out by burning Blueberry Scone - yummy... :thumbsup2

mushumadness
02-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Im burning a big jar of candied apple too

bought it myself though lol we dont do valentimes day any more

CustardTart
02-20-2009, 09:16 AM
I am burning the sparkling cinnamon from my secret sender and it is lovely xx

Oooh, that's one of my absolute faves - wonder if I've got any left anywhere...? :love:

silver apple
02-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I used to love burning scented candles, and this thread has inspired me to start up again:yay:

I bought a tart burner and a little votive holder at the garden centre the other day, and having been burning pomegranate cider in the lounge the past few nights, which is lovely. I have had sparkling lemon in the kitchen, and I must say that I am quite underwhelmed by it:rolleyes:, It doesn't have a strong smell at all. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a strong, fresh scent for the kitchen?

natalielongstaff
02-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Sparkling cinnamon sounds lovely :thumbsup2

Pinky166
02-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Sparkling cinnamon sounds lovely :thumbsup2

I agree Nat. Cinnamon Sticks is my all time fave, so sparkling cinnamon sounds fab!!!!

Natasha&Matt
02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Creme Brulee is burning mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :goodvibes

thelittlemermaid83
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
you lot still talking about yankee candles lol.

CustardTart
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
you lot still talking about yankee candles lol.

Yeah - we're sad!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: But I'm burning Orchard Pear - and it's gorgeous!!!

Bolanette87
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah - we're sad!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: But I'm burning Orchard Pear - and it's gorgeous!!!

I love Orchard Pear..... Sadly I'm not finding it strong enough really.... :sad2:

Bob xoxoxox

thelittlemermaid83
02-20-2009, 05:41 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: