PDA

View Full Version : Buying a dress from a wholesaler

Pooh_Girl
02-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Has anyone ever heard of www.lightinthebox.com?? Apparently they are a dress wholesaler, and they have dresses on there super cheap. Here is the dress I've been looking at.
http://www.lightinthebox.com/Princess-A-line-Scoop-Chapel-Train-Satin-Wedding-Dresses-for-Bride--HSX213-_p24701.html

Does this look like a reputable site to order a dress from??? What do you guys think??

DCLbrideSept2009
02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
i'd like to know about this site too! Just started taking a look around and looks like some really good deals! So far I like this dress:

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww270/MichelleCGoins/lightintheboxycf154.jpg

but i'm still looking... and anxiously awaiting responses... hopefully good!

Pooh_Girl
02-03-2009, 11:47 AM
The deals are awesome!!! The dress I really like is $150!!!! I really hope this site is legit. If so, my chances of getting a DCL VR just got a lot better!!!

DCLbrideSept2009
02-03-2009, 11:49 AM
The dress I like is only 90 bucks! I wonder how much shipping is, though...

dakcp2001
02-03-2009, 12:13 PM
are they knock offs? I am going to try to google some reviews

Pooh_Girl
02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure. The dress I really like from there, I've been trying to find all day. I can't find who makes it. I recognized a few dresses from "Bonny", but some of them I don't recognize.

ITmickey
02-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Here is a link to a blog that has reviews of that place. In general, not so good reviews. We can say that the prices are 'suspiciously low' From the reviews, it *seems* that they sell copies of products, not the brand ones.

http://problogreviews.blogspot.com/2008/01/lightinthebox.html

HTH

Pooh_Girl
02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I read some not so good reviews last night, and even though the prices are awesome, it doesn't sound totally legit. Oh well, back to the drawingboard!!!

CinderelliT
02-04-2009, 04:09 PM
There is another website www.peridress.com
They also sell knockoffs, but they are very good reproductions. I have photographed several weddings in which the brides wore dresses ordered from there. If you want to see some of the pics, you can PM me. The quality of the materials on them is not top grade, so there is a slight difference between them and the original designers. Don't get me wrong, they are still beautiful dresses! But if you are looking for a bargain, this may be the way to go. They will also custom make your dress to your measurements, so you don't have to pay a fortune for alterations. All of the brides that I've known that used them were really happy. I am considering ordering a dress from them as well for my VR. I figure if it isn't great, I can just put it up on Ebay!! :rotfl:

keenercam
02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I strongly suggest that before you order a gown on-line, you try on similar styles in person. The gown I ended up with was nothing like what I started out trying on. Also, I'd be soooo cautious about sizing. My size ranged over 4 sizes depending on the manufacturer. I hope that all helps. I just don't want anyone to end up disappointed.

AlternateEgo
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
I would be cautious of any dress sites that use cheaper materials and make knock off dresses. I read on a dress site about this company bought 2 dresses from a china dress shop and they came back horrible. I will try to find the link, it has been awhile since I read it.

AlternateEgo
02-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok now I'm not finding it... but you should check out Houseofbrides.com They are a brick and mortar building in Illinois.

Pooh_Girl
02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm definately going to try on dresses before I try to find one online. I've just been looking and pricing so that I can get a pricelist together for DH so I can talk him into a VR. Hehehehe...:scratchin