PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Poly for 4/3 deal 8 night but can for 9 night?

GoingtoWDWagain
02-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Anyone else having this problem, want 8 nights at Poly 4/3 deal told not available through reservations and not available on-line. But, if I add one day = 9 nights it's available both on-line and through reservations :confused3

I asked if I made the 9 night reservation can I cancel one day before the 45 day mark? I was told if the system doesn't have the 8 night available at that time when I cancel the one day off of the 9 night then I lose the reservation unless I decide to keep the 9 nights which I don't want.

Example:

Want 4/3 deal April 1 - April 8 = not available on-line or reservations

Available 4/3 deal April 1 - April 9 = :confused3

If I add a night its available, but the same nights without that extra night not available, doesn't make sense to me :confused3

Missin'Disney
02-03-2009, 08:17 AM
The reason why this is happening is b/c Disney releases blocks of rooms under the promotions in certain increments. Say, 6-day pkgs., 7-day pkgs., 8-days and 9-days and so on. It really seems illogical that you can't find availability for an 8-day stay, yet you can find it for a 9-day. Completely counter-intuitive yet completely the way it works.

Hope I've explained this in a way that makes some sense. Good luck to you finding exactly what you want! :thumbsup2

TheLittleRoo
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I asked this question the other day about a stay at POR. I wanted 7 and could only find 8. The extra day was on the front end of my dates, check in. All the CMs I talked to said I could not drop a day and get the 4/3 deal because all the 7 nt packages were gone, leaving only 8 nt packages. If I went to 7 nts, it would default to rack rate.

However, I received quite a few PMs and responses from DIS'ers who told me it was not a problem to drop a day or two from their reservations, even when they had booked too many days on purpose hoping to drop (meaning, no availability for the shorter stay). It almost always involved a call to guest services and 30 mins on the phone with them, but it was always done and at no charge.

Hope that helps you think about what to do.

GoingtoWDWagain
02-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I asked this question the other day about a stay at POR. I wanted 7 and could only find 8. The extra day was on the front end of my dates, check in. All the CMs I talked to said I could not drop a day and get the 4/3 deal because all the 7 nt packages were gone, leaving only 8 nt packages. If I went to 7 nts, it would default to rack rate.

However, I received quite a few PMs and responses from DIS'ers who told me it was not a problem to drop a day or two from their reservations, even when they had booked too many days on purpose hoping to drop (meaning, no availability for the shorter stay). It almost always involved a call to guest services and 30 mins on the phone with them, but it was always done and at no charge.

Hope that helps you think about what to do.

Thanks a bunch for the information :) Did you get the 7 nights for POR after reserving the 8 night through guest services?

TheLittleRoo
02-03-2009, 08:26 PM
No, my plans changed and now I don't know WHEN we're going. But I did talk to several other people who gave me specific examples of how they were able to drop 1-2 days on their reservations after the fact, and got them despite there not having been availability for the shorter stay. And they weren't charged a change fee either.

If I were to do it, though, I would save something back that you can add to your package so that if they try to say by decreasing the price of your package, you have a $50 change fee, you can always add a day to your base tickets for $9. KWIM? Just to be safe.

Good luck!

disneymom06
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
I could only get an 8day pkg and wanted 7day pkg. I booked the 8 and then dropped it to 7. It did take guest services quite awhile to do the transaction but they told me that it could be done, they were just having trouble with the computer doing what they wanted. End result, I have a 7 day 4/3 deal for Easter week!!!

mygr8kdz
02-04-2009, 05:57 AM
It has been my experience that you can do this. In fact, a CM even suggested it to me. Told me it would be no problem outside the 45 day mark.

mygr8kdz
02-04-2009, 06:15 AM
It has been my experience that you can do this. In fact, a CM even suggested it to me. Told me it would be no problem outside the 45 day mark.