PDA

View Full Version : Call to be sure you are on the mailing list

WDWCrazyfromGA
02-01-2009, 11:39 AM
I have seen a lot of posts where people are inquiring why they don't get the discount offers. Well, you might want to call Disney to be sure you're on the list. Last summer I called to inquire about discount coupons (and why I wasn't getting any of them) - the CM told me that my profile was checked not to be contacted. I don't know how this happened because the only reason I have registered with EVERY Disney site, credit card, etc was to get the discount codes. I ask the CM to put me on the list and they said they did so. Today I called because I seem to be the only person I know who has not gotten the 40% offer in the mail. The CM said he saw a lot of activity in my profile which usually means that I should be getting the discount codes. He then told me that while my personal profile had been updated to receive offers - my ADDRESS profile was still checked NOT to receive offers and that was what many of these discounts were being done by. :sad:

Hopefully now that I have my profile updated - I will get a magical discount to use!!

MNDisneyFan
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
That's a great tip - the last time I called they told me that I was set to receive no communication. I couldn't believe it!

I'm in the same boat as you - I am not receiving anything either. Even my brother and my parents are receiving them. My parents have not even stayed on the property before (they stay offsite), and my brother and his family usually stay at a timeshare (although have stayed onsite).

Other than registering at DisneyWorld.com, and signing up for the credit card, are there any other sites to sign up at?

hungrygreenhippo
02-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks, that's a good idea. What number did you call?

NateNLogansDad
02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm curious also and need the #. Can it be done online?

WDWCrazyfromGA
02-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks, that's a good idea. What number did you call?

I just called the reservations # - (407) 939-7675 - and spoke with a CM. My online profile was update - but that was the one tied to my name - Not my "address" profile. Now I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.....

mermaidbride1108
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I just did this... The cast member thought I was a little crazy I think because she giggled when I told her why I was calling.

However, they did have my phone number & email address incorrect.

NateNLogansDad
02-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Called them up today and my info was wrong, also added my mom who's been there 5 or 6 times in the last 5 yrs.....she wasn't in the system at all.

catdoc
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
I called to check on my information and they had me listed as requesting not to be contacted by mail or email also! I asked them to change this, and the CM said I would probably be getting a PIN soon. I hope so! They also had my husband listed as being 11 years old.

NateNLogansDad
02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I called to check on my information and they had me listed as requesting not to be contacted by mail or email also! I asked them to change this, and the CM said I would probably be getting a PIN soon. I hope so! They also had my husband listed as being 11 years old.

I'm gonna call em tomorrow and get my age changed to 21! :rotfl2:
Oh to be young again!