PDA

View Full Version : Should I Take My Laptop To WDW?

Banzai
05-22-2002, 04:30 PM
When my PC died (horrid memories), I recieved a laptop. I was wondering if it would be worth getting a dial up adapter and bring phone cards to have with me. Just for putting digi pix on it with a digital camera. has anyone done this?

dancergirl
05-22-2002, 04:32 PM
i havent, but I think it would be neat! OF course I would prolly spend half my vacation on my computer! hehe

WDWfanatic288
05-22-2002, 05:30 PM
we are talking about getting a computer to bring on wdw trips...it woudl be great b/c then you could check in on the boards and stuff!

i say that you do it! :)

ContempoSMT
05-22-2002, 05:30 PM
my dad did , i would bring a laptop because i would watch a movie on it on the way to disney on the plane.. I get all these new movies b4 they come out so i would jsut a watch a movie.. but i dont think it is encessary..

Unofficial627
05-22-2002, 08:29 PM
I brought mine last summer. I admit, it is very good for the way down (movies, etc.), but once your there, it just kind of sits there, or at least mine did. If you are planning to download pics into your computer after every day, you may want to re-think it. I was planning on doing the same, but by the time the night rolled around, I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. But, that was just me. But, otherwise it's not a bad idea. Hope this helps!

AbErGrl217
05-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Its very good for the plane ride but proabably for the rest of the trip it wont be used much! You will be to busy and who wants to stay on the computer while at Disney ne way. Anyway its what ever u choose. If the plane ride is really long I think you should bring it!

Jhondy(210)
06-12-2002, 08:11 PM
i'm planning on bringing mine for the plane ride and for the nights/mornings we are at Disney but i'm also going on the disney cruise too so i probaly won't use it then.

anyone going on a disney cruise on august. 3?

Flower4Pwr
06-12-2002, 09:28 PM
My mom just bought me one for graduation and I plan on bringing mine when I go to WDW. We have a lot of little kids and so when they are napping I can use it. Also the trip down and I can keep my notes for trip reports or even post the report as it's happening! It probably depends on how long you're going to be down there and how much free time you'll have!

CaliforniaDreaming
06-15-2002, 03:13 PM
I took mine with me one time - I thought it was just more of a pain to lug it around (esp at the airport, security always wanted to take it out and turn it on). Plus, I had to be careful not to drop it, and make sure it was right next to me the whole time. I got online like once while I was there (thanks to Disney's slow connections, and it took so long to dial up!). It was just a waste to bring it! LOL

PlutoPal
06-15-2002, 10:27 PM
I would wait until I got home to do that. Would not want to waste one millisecond at WDW!

~Czarina~
06-17-2002, 01:43 PM
was take my lap top and then get online and e-mail my friends and stuff. I got online almost every night to talk to Jonathan. Then again I also called Login and Thomas while I was there. We had two babies born while we were in FL and they were both only about six months along so I was keeping up on all the important stuff.