PDA

View Full Version : DTD -Which is best for kids?

MeredithRX
01-31-2009, 07:21 PM
We're coming in to Disney on a Saturday morning and can't check into our off-site condo until 4pm. We're going to spend the day at DTD (so we don't use up a park ticket day).

Which do you think would be best for kids (ages 6, 5, and 1.5)? T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe?

Hootch
01-31-2009, 07:27 PM
to T-Rex yet. We were looking at it for an upcoming trip. Based on reviews on the forums we decided to stick with RFC. There are a lot of comments about the level of noise bothering younger kids.

I know my youngest was hesitant about the animals at RFC her first time. We were seated right next to the elephants. By the end of the meal I had to switch seats with her so she could sit next to them.

I know she doesn't like loud roars. She pulled her hat down over her eyes in the Universe of Energy ride.

webray
01-31-2009, 07:36 PM
We have been to both. I know our grand daughters (3 & 5) would love t-rex.
It is fabulous and the different rooms/areas are beautiful.

I think the noise level is about the same, food is probably a bit better at t-rex.

If your kids like the jungle animals go to rainforest, if they like dinosaurs then go to t-rex..that is easy enough!

Neesy228
01-31-2009, 11:10 PM
If your kids like the jungle animals go to rainforest, if they like dinosaurs then go to t-rex..that is easy enough!

True! :thumbsup2

I do think that the animals at both can be little scary to little ones. Our oldest loves t-rex, but the dinos were a little too much for our younger ones.

The magical planner
02-01-2009, 09:38 AM
If there is a dinosaur fan in your group go to T-rex. My son is 4 and LOVED it!

McKelly
02-01-2009, 10:35 AM
We were at T-Rex over the holidays and it was great!! A must for any dino-lover!! We thought the food was good too!!!

prncess674
02-01-2009, 11:37 AM
We're coming in to Disney on a Saturday morning and can't check into our off-site condo until 4pm. We're going to spend the day at DTD (so we don't use up a park ticket day).

Which do you think would be best for kids (ages 6, 5, and 1.5)? T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe?There are also plenty of quick service dining options. Maybe just opt for a casual lunch where the kids can burn some energy outdoors, do some shopping at Lego Imagination Center. You can then go to a nice and cheaper dinner offsite near your condo.

Also check with your rental owner a few days before check in to see if the unit was unoccupied the day of your arrival. You may be able to get in early and go for an afternoon swim.

MJMcBride
02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
T-Rex is good, signficantly better than the rainforest IMO

jrn90
02-01-2009, 02:01 PM
do you need reservations for t-rex? can you make them when you get to Orlando? I have a hige dinosaur fan so I want to make sure we go here. thanks:)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
02-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Both the Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex Cafe have great themes for kids, so you just got to decide which one you think they will like better.

jennipooh
02-01-2009, 03:21 PM
We enjoy both restaurants. Both places have cool theming and good food...and they are fairly well matched in price. We have good memories from both.

At T-rex we visited the Build a Dino workshop and that was great fun! For that reason, I would say go there!!!

momjkm
02-02-2009, 06:47 PM
ds (12) and I went to T rex twice last week ( he wanted to go a second time, I called at 1030am on Saturday for an 1145am ADR the same day).Ds is bothered by loud noises (sensory issues) and though it is loud--- it was a generalized loud (not like fireworks or high pitched sounds)... and not scary IMO... Lights do dim during the meteor shower part but not dark and fun to watch.
Food good too--- slightly better than average for that kind of meal IMO....
Jill

ps waitstaff: 1st day- great waitress
2nd day- not so good, never checked on us once we got our food (which another server brought). not a bad waiter but paled in comparison to the 1st waitress.