PDA

View Full Version : Taking strollers on Disney bus?

AmandaJayne
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
We are staying on disney property, using the bus transportation to WDW..I am planning on using a stroller rental from outside the parks...My husband just told me that in 2007 strollers were not allowed on the buses, but i remember seeing ppl with strollers on the buses...can someone please prove him wrong that strollers ARE allowed on the buses to and from the parks and resorts!
Would appreciate it...

lovetoscrap
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Your husband is wrong!

(boy, that is fun to say, isn't it!:rotfl2: )

As long as the stroller folds up then there is no problem taking it on the buses. Sounds like maybe your husband just doesn't want to have to carry it??

ETA: You could use this to your advantage and tell him that you should just stay at a monorail resort to avoid the bus problem! Of course that might make getting to Animal Kingdom and Disney Studios difficult.

dogodisney
02-01-2009, 06:42 AM
We were there in Sept. and had a stroller with us that we took on the busses. ;)

Suellen
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Maybe he means you are not allowed to stroll them on the bus. This is true. Kids out stroller folded.

Jaymie
02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
We were there a couple weeks ago and strollers were everywhere on the busses.

Could you imagine the problems they'd have if you couldn't bring your stroller on?? That would be ugly.

aheape1979
02-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Strollers are allowed on the buses. We were there with 2 strollers in September. One thing to note, however, is that you have to remove your child from them and fold them up, even if they are sound asleep. DD2 was 17 months when we went, and that was hard. We did have one very kind bus driver on an empty bus who let us keep the stroller with her in it. We had to hold onto it the entire trip (we would have anyway!)

Have fun!

DWFan4Life
02-01-2009, 05:51 PM
We also had our trip last December and also bring strollers. We haven't any problem taking it on the buses. As long as you will fold it and doesn't disturb anyone, that would be fine. :thumbsup2

AmandaJayne
02-01-2009, 09:17 PM
You guys are AWESOME...nothing makes me happier than proving my husband wrong..over and over AND over again...thank you...(love you honey!):love:

Leleluvsdis
02-02-2009, 03:21 AM
We were there in 07 and I don't want to offend anyone by saying this, I who knows I could one of these people one day, but we sat and waited for someone to figure out how to fold their stroller, apparently dad had never done this before b/c mom ended up getting back off the bus and folded it in a matter of seconds... so yes they are allowed!!!

pepe of ohio
02-02-2009, 06:46 AM
We just returned from WDW last night, strollers galore on the buses, must be folded as others have stated.

MyVirtueAidan
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
As a mommy of a 2 year old I would never travel to the world without my stroller... There have been times where i wish i could have brought my big stroller with the cup holders and storage baskets but my umbrella stroller has worked the best for us every visit... Came in handy dayz where we would leave the park then have to go to the bus stops then to our rooms... Before our 1st visit i did buy a brand new Maclauren Umbrella stroller for her... It was perfect came with a Rain/Wind Gaurd, Sunshade, and the back even reclined so she could nap whenever... Worth every penny.