PDA

View Full Version : seven pounds

eyeore
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
have any of you seen it, the new will smith film,i'm just back from the cinema and have to admit that i cried all the way through it. my sleeves of my cardi were soaked!! :rotfl:

disneyhockeymad
01-31-2009, 05:46 PM
I was exactly the same, I saw it on wednesday with a group of my friends, guys as well and I don't think one of us had a dry eye by the end of it. It was such a beautiful film! I don't think I've cried that much at a film since I watched the Notebook!!!

Pinky166
01-31-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the warning...I want to see this so will go prepared with pockets full of tissues! :thumbsup2

Natasha&Matt
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
omg this film is amazing, when will this man win an oscar??!! I was distraught i was crying so much my sister let out a loud noise when she was crying (i thought she was laughing) this is a must see film but do be warned take ya tissues x

jjk
02-01-2009, 02:44 AM
i really want to see this

natalielongstaff
02-01-2009, 02:50 AM
sounds like my kind of film !

orlandothebeagle
02-01-2009, 06:04 AM
I have not seen it, but I agree, Will is amazing, even his fresh prince days , i love! I love everything he does, even I love him singing, I think I will wait for the dvd to watch it, I keep meaning to go see slum dog, but I have to admit, I think the cinema is ecpensive and if oyu get comebody russt;ing next to you it is so bugging after spending nearly 16 quid!

mandymouse
02-01-2009, 06:53 AM
I would love to see this movie, but I may wait till it comes out on DVD so I can have a good cry at home :thumbsup2

tennisfan
02-01-2009, 09:43 AM
I have not seen it, but I agree, Will is amazing, even his fresh prince days , i love! I love everything he does, even I love him singing, I think I will wait for the dvd to watch it, I keep meaning to go see slum dog, but I have to admit, I think the cinema is ecpensive and if oyu get comebody russt;ing next to you it is so bugging after spending nearly 16 quid!

I've seen this film, i'll admit i'm not a massive Will Smith fan but it was ok not his best work though. It was confusing at the beginning then I worked out what was going to happen.

I'm lucky I have an unlimited cinema pass for 11.99 a month. We went to see Revolutionary Road yesterday & there was a group of 4 women who were so loud chatting at the beginning of the film, I could have smacked them one

Minniespal
02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
We saw this film this afternoon. I can either take or leave Will Smith, depends on the film although I love him in the Fresh Prince. Really enjoyed this film though, a perfect film IMO for a Sunday afternoon.

orlandothebeagle
02-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I've seen this film, i'll admit i'm not a massive Will Smith fan but it was ok not his best work though. It was confusing at the beginning then I worked out what was going to happen.

I'm lucky I have an unlimited cinema pass for 11.99 a month. We went to see Revolutionary Road yesterday & there was a group of 4 women who were so loud chatting at the beginning of the film, I could have smacked them one

Better take Len then to explain it to me:faint:

tennisfan
02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Better take Len then to explain it to me:faint:

It all becomes clear, so it won't need explaining. Not giving away the plot line but its basically starts at the end & then it all gets explained.:thumbsup2

T16GEM
02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
DH and I saw this the other night, I thought it was great, very sad though, the end really got me. I thoughtit was beautiful though - I am a BIG Will Smith fan though, so maybe that helped! :)

The Fetherstons
02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
sounds good:thumbsup2

Pugsly
02-08-2009, 01:43 PM
DS and I saw this over the holidays and both really enjoyed it. It kinda left us speechless - so moving!

minnie29uk
02-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Yes,I really enjoyed it.I loved the fact it wasnt all obvious straight away.Yes,I had a little cry!!
I love everything Will Smith has been in,
Lynn

higgy66
02-10-2009, 06:54 AM
I would love to see this movie, but I may wait till it comes out on DVD so I can have a good cry at home :thumbsup2

Dito!

madmumof2
02-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I've heard so much about this film and seen interviews with Will Smith (aka sex god!) and it's all very secretive, so I'm guessing it's one of those films where you can't really say what it's about or you'll give it away?

I'm hopefully going to see it tonight. I can't wait, it sounds amazing!

I love Will Smith and every film he's been in, he's an incredible actor.

Natasha&Matt
02-10-2009, 08:23 AM
I've heard so much about this film and seen interviews with Will Smith (aka sex god!) and it's all very secretive, so I'm guessing it's one of those films where you can't really say what it's about or you'll give it away?

I'm hopefully going to see it tonight. I can't wait, it sounds amazing!

I love Will Smith and every film he's been in, he's an incredible actor.

Cant say anything or it will defo give it away :thumbsup2

But so amazing take ya tissues ;)

carolfoy
02-10-2009, 09:46 AM
haven't seen it yet but I plan to, I did see slumdog (really good, quite funny in places too) and The curious case of benjamin button (again watchable although not as huge a deal as the oscars hype seem to say)

saratogagirl
02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
I daren't go to the cinema to see this, I will need to wait for DVD, I am such a sobber, I went to see Ghost in the cinema and it was full on sobbing, I can normally contain it to tears, but at Ghost it was full on crying noises and not able to breath LOL, the people in front must have thought I was barking, and Ian was mortified.. "Ditto" it gets me every time ... I still sob now when I watch the DVD.

catherine
02-10-2009, 12:08 PM
I saw this Sat night and as I'm well known for blubbering my way through movies I made sure that I had plenty of tissues. Anyway I was really disappointed! I didn't shed a tear. I loved Will Smith and thought that he did an awesome job, but the movie didn't do it for me! :confused3

natalielongstaff
02-10-2009, 12:13 PM
I daren't go to the cinema to see this, I will need to wait for DVD, I am such a sobber, I went to see Ghost in the cinema and it was full on sobbing, I can normally contain it to tears, but at Ghost it was full on crying noises and not able to breath LOL, the people in front must have thought I was barking, and Ian was mortified.. "Ditto" it gets me every time ... I still sob now when I watch the DVD.

that is a fab film .... i always blub as well ;)

carolfoy
02-11-2009, 04:44 AM
my real blubber film is 'pay it forward' gets me every time

Natasha&Matt
02-11-2009, 04:46 AM
my real blubber film is 'pay it forward' gets me every time

One that gets me is La bamba :sad2:

tennisfan
02-11-2009, 06:28 AM
haven't seen it yet but I plan to, I did see slumdog (really good, quite funny in places too) and The curious case of benjamin button (again watchable although not as huge a deal as the oscars hype seem to say)

Totally agree about the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, was good but can't understand all the hype.

I saw this Sat night and as I'm well known for blubbering my way through movies I made sure that I had plenty of tissues. Anyway I was really disappointed! I didn't shed a tear. I loved Will Smith and thought that he did an awesome job, but the movie didn't do it for me! :confused3

I was the same, maybe we are just cold hearted;) I think maybe because I worked out what was going to happen it didn't affect me:confused3

thelittlemermaid83
02-11-2009, 07:23 AM
I'm going to wait to watch this on dvd as i cry at everything in films lol.