PDA

View Full Version : need help with TS for AK/MK Day

CanadianImagineer
01-31-2009, 01:28 PM
We'll be at AK until 5pm then bussing over to MK for EMH. Where would you recommened eating? We're already doing Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's on other days and dont want to repeat. Convenience is an important factor too. Thanks so much!!

Silver Queen
01-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Two thoughts. Boma at AKL, it's a short bus ride from the park and then you could bus to MK after dinner. We've done that and it worked out fine. Or you could bus from AK to MK and then take a monorail to the Grand Floridian Cafe. After dinner you could have fun and take the boat back to MK. Good luck with your choice.

jblrn2b
01-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Grabbing CS? Cosmic Rays, Casey's, Columbia Harbour House. Liberty Tree Tavern? We tend to grab CS and MK. Unless you want to go the Contemporary/Poly/GF and eat at one of those restaurants.

DianaPrincessofWales
01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
My fellow Canadian:

At AK we don't mind the:
ribs at Flame Tree
fast food asian entrees at Yak and Yeti (the chicken and egg rolls were good)
the pizza at Pizzafari my kids like but I don't (I know you can get better pizza ANYWHERE in Canada)

At MK....???
We're having lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern and after that ? Probably just snack our way through the evening. Sorry I can't be of anymore help there, but what some love, others loath.

CanadianImagineer
01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Two thoughts. Boma at AKL, it's a short bus ride from the park and then you could bus to MK after dinner. We've done that and it worked out fine. Or you could bus from AK to MK and then take a monorail to the Grand Floridian Cafe. After dinner you could have fun and take the boat back to MK. Good luck with your choice.

Oh wow, i didn't even think about going to a resort! How slow am I..... :rotfl: Hmmmm I'm now thinking that maybe Whispering Canyon would work? Take bus from AK then boat from WL to Mk afterwards... or am I missing something lol. Any other suggestions for a resort TS that you can take boat or monorail to MK from?

jblrn2b
01-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh wow, i didn't even think about going to a resort! How slow am I..... :rotfl: Hmmmm I'm now thinking that maybe Whispering Canyon would work? Take bus from AK then boat from WL to Mk afterwards... or am I missing something lol. Any other suggestions for a resort TS that you can take boat or monorail to MK from?

Ohanas/Kona at the Poly, Cali. Grill at COntemporary, Citricos or Narcoosees at GF.

ROEDISNEY
01-31-2009, 02:18 PM
Tony's OR LTT @ MK both are good :thumbsup2

Beauty & the Best
01-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I vote Ohanas!!!

It's so much fun & the view is great. Also you can take the monorail instead of doing a boat, so the travel time should be quicker.