PDA

View Full Version : wolfgang puck express or Earl of sandwich?

3princesses+aprince
01-31-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm trying to pick a CS for our night at DTD. Both of these look good. Any suggestions. Thanks

danielle782001
01-31-2009, 01:00 PM
We loved Earl...The food was really good...A nice change of pace from the fried chicken fingers, fries and burgers...The only bad thing was that the line was really long and we had a problem finding a table inside and outside.

Aimeedyan
01-31-2009, 01:01 PM
They are both good, I'd go with whatever your family is in the mood for that night. EOS is a sandwich place; they are not any better than a sandwich place back home but sometimes you just want a sandwich instead of a heavy meal. WPE has a variety of stuff, all of which I've found delicious.

dizneeat
01-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Wolfgang Puck's anytime hands down! :thumbsup2
You get a TS meal for the price of a CS! You order at the counter, then sit down at a table while your meal is brought out for you! We ate a lot there during our last trip and everything we had was wonderful.
EoS is nice too, but it is VERY crowded in the evening and it is sandwiches ALL the way.

webprinter
01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
I would choose Wolfgang Puck Express. We haven't ever had anything bad there and all three of us agree it is a place to go back to everytime we are eating CS at DD. Even the food others were eating looked great. Plus, they have a great varitety ie: meals, pasta, pizza, salads, sandwiches, etc.

ciera321
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Another Wolfgang Puck Express vote. We love the food and variety!!! :goodvibes

andrews1ma
01-31-2009, 01:47 PM
just as a previous poster said you get such a value- TS for the price of the CS. I had the BBQ Quesadilla ( I think thats what it was called) both times we ate there on the last trip and so did DH and we loved it! they also have refreshing flavored and freshly brewed Ice teas- and we loved the cookies that came with the cs meal- even my finicky DS who was 8 at the time loved the Pizza and he doesnt like to eat anything!

Have fun!

mickeynut1
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
We haven't eaten at Earl of Sandwich but Wolfgang Puck Express is awesome :thumbsup2. We eat there atleast once a trip :goodvibes.

disneymomof2boyz
01-31-2009, 02:21 PM
We love both so much, but if I had to choose, then I would choose WPCafe. Simply because the food there is sooo good, and not a typical sandwich. Not saying that Earl has typical sandwiches, b/c they don't. They have the best sandwich I've ever tasted. But, if I had to choose one, it would be WPCafe.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-31-2009, 02:22 PM
I would go with Earl of Sandwich because their sandwiches taste amazing and their prices are very reasonable.

LAWalz23
01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
WPE would be my choice also the pizzas are great! Just watch four cheese macaroni, my father was brought out a tiny dried out portion the first time and when he complained the plate they brought out was totally different looking and tasting. The second portion was very good but my Dad was not happy with the first portion that was almost totally inedible because it was so dried out!

shellybaxter
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
We couldn't decide during our last trip either so we just headed toward that end of DTD. We got to Earl of Sandwich first and walked in to find a HUGE line so we turned around and walked out. We went to WGPE and waited about one minute to be waited on. The food was good an I can't believe the sandwiches at Earl would have been so much better that that kind of wait would have been worth it.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-31-2009, 02:46 PM
We couldn't decide during our last trip either so we just headed toward that end of DTD. We got to Earl of Sandwich first and walked in to find a HUGE line so we turned around and walked out. We went to WGPE and waited about one minute to be waited on. The food was good an I can't believe the sandwiches at Earl would have been so much better that that kind of wait would have been worth it.I found that the line moves very fast even when it's that long, so I say it's diceving.

dizneeat
01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
I found that the line moves very fast even when it's that long, so I say it's diceving.

There are actually 3 lines you have to get through.
Line 1 - you order
Line 2 - you pay for your order
Line 3 - you wait for your order to be prepared

Followed by searching for a spot to sit down.
EoS sandwiches are good, but the waiting game and seating puts me off.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-31-2009, 03:00 PM
There are actually 3 lines you have to get through.
Line 1 - you order
Line 2 - you pay for your order
Line 3 - you wait for your order to be prepared

Followed by searching for a spot to sit down.
EoS sandwiches are good, but the waiting game and seating puts me off.Well whenever my family and I are there I save a table and my parents order, so that saves some time.

paintnolish
01-31-2009, 03:04 PM
WPE all the way. Earl is okay, but it is sandwiches. WPE has a ton more options and is really great, especiallyfor a CS option. And, eventhough it is CS, they bring you your food and refill your drinks. It is one of my favorite places to eat!

richard_andmel
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
We've had between us (and extended family) almost everything on WPE's menu, including breakfast items. Every meal we've had there has been very good to excellent. We've been to Earl twice and have decided we just don't need to ever return.

vicki_c
01-31-2009, 06:14 PM
I think both are good, but Wolfgang Puck Express was definitely the better. I like Earl, but it seems like one step up from Quizno's to me. WPE had a lot better choices.

xominnieox2
01-31-2009, 06:24 PM
If you're on the dining plan I would suggest Wolfgang puck's, but if you're paying oop then go with Earl. In my opinion both are great. WPE is a great use of a cs credit.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
01-31-2009, 06:35 PM
Our meal at WPE earlier this month was FANTASTIC. A CS meal that rivalled a TS dinner. Good quality, excellent service......and so many great dishes to choose from.

I would highly recommend them.

PS: Get the creme brulee....it is won-der-ful! :cool1:

B-Ride
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Although I love Earl of Sandwich, I would definitely choose Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. Although both offer excellent value the meal at Wolfgang Puck is more substantial and better suited to dinner.

ranthony
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
And, eventhough it is CS, they bring you your food and refill your drinks.

Do you tip for this service?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-31-2009, 08:22 PM
Do you tip for this service?This is not at Wolfgang Pucks but at Ghiaradelli which is also a counter service location, they bring items like Sundaes and etc to your table and my family and I don't tip them.

dvc at last !
01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
they are both great choices -

I prefer The Earl !

:cool1:

MickeyMomOfThree
01-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Several months ago I would have said EoS was the best. It is good, but WPE is amazing! We went on our last trip twice (would have gone more if we were in DTD more.) It was sooooo beyond good. It was one of our favorite meals the whole trip (way better then what I ate at Cali Grill!!!) I'm glad we don't have it here, I'd want to eat there all the time. The portions were huge too!

We did choose to leave a tip at WPE, the service was amazing and we truly wanted to.

M-I-C-K-E-Y
01-31-2009, 08:33 PM
We got to Earl of Sandwich first and walked in to find a HUGE line so we turned around and walked out. We went to WGPE and waited about one minute to be waited on.

Your observation does make a point. Long lines often indicate a great product! The Earl never disappoints. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Your observation does make a point. Long lines often indicate a great product! The Earl never disappoints. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2That's a great observation and it does show how popular Earl of Sandwich is.

ctalley
01-31-2009, 08:43 PM
We ate at both on our last visit. I prefer Wolfgang Puck Express. I agree - The creme brulee was wonderful.

trappednabox
01-31-2009, 08:48 PM
I'd choose WPE anyday over EoS!!:thumbsup2

We did both on our last trip, and EoS was ok, but WPE was wonderful

Pirate Me
01-31-2009, 08:49 PM
They're both great places. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I prefer Wolfgang Puck Express over Earl of Sandwich, however. The food is wonderful and everything we've tried so far has been great.

Pirate Me
01-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Do you tip for this service?

You don't have to but it's nice to because they bring everything for you and take everything away afterwards; we left our waiter a small tip- not as much as a restaurant but about $3-$5.

cpayne1997
01-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Another vote for Wolfgang Puck Express! They have a good menu with many choices and great food! The only downside to WPE is lack of seating. Like a PP said before it counts as a CS meal but it really is more like a TS meal. I have not eaten at Earl of Sandwich though so I can not compare the two.

paintnolish
01-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes, I left a few bucks. You can get up and refill your drink, but if they have the time, they'll fill it. When I went in Aug (3 times!), they brought our food out as well.

Sully&CJ
01-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Earl of Sandwich all the way! They have amazing sandwiches on freshly made bread and some of the best chocolate cookies ever! ;)

3princesses+aprince
02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow, thanks for the replys. My dh loves sandwiches, but wolfgang puck express does sound excellent. I would be more persuaded to go with WPE. I guess I will just go with what we feel like eating that night, it sounds like both would be a good choice. And we are doing the dining plan. thanks again.

twebber55
02-01-2009, 06:57 PM
They are both good, I'd go with whatever your family is in the mood for that night. EOS is a sandwich place; they are not any better than a sandwich place back home but sometimes you just want a sandwich instead of a heavy meal. WPE has a variety of stuff, all of which I've found delicious.
agree you absolutely cannot go wrong .... i love both places

PrincessBelle39
02-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Another WPE vote here. We have planned on this for our first night at Disney. We love the pizza's here. We do plan on another night here but haven't scheduled it in yet.

nineandcounting
02-02-2009, 06:14 AM
Just one more vote for WPE! We ate there last week, for the first time, and it was wonderful!

MickeyNicki
02-02-2009, 07:24 AM
WPE is DA BOMB, EoS is okay but nothing beats WPE

paintnolish
02-02-2009, 08:12 AM
WPE is DA BOMB, EoS is okay but nothing beats WPE

Yes. In a nutshell!

stacy347
02-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, I was debating between these two for our DTD evening and this thread just made my mind up for me. I can't wait to go to WPE now!! :cool1: