PDA

View Full Version : Where to dine TS?

cpayne1997
01-31-2009, 10:19 AM
I need some suggestions from my fellow DISer. We have been to WDW several times and it seems like we always dine at the same places each year. This year we really want to try some new places. We are on the dining plan for 7 nights. We are a family of 4 with 2 children 9 & 6, and we are not very picky eaters. Any suggestions would be helpful character dining or not.

In the past we have dined at Crystal Palace, CRT, Chef Mickeys, Ohana's (breakfast), Le Cellier, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, San Angel Inn, Rainforest, Yak & Yeti and Boma (dinner). Any suggestions???

Thanks in Advance.:flower3:

LittleMissMagic
01-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Well, those are all great choices.

Why not try something off the beaten path, like the Plaza Restaurant at MK or Mama Melrose at DHS?

For character dining, try Donald's Breakfast Safari at AK or Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club Resort.

You've also not tried some hits like Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge, Spoodles at the Boardwalk, and Teppan Edo at Epcot.

Hope you find some new ADRs that you enjoy!

KatMark
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Here are some of our favorites: Biergarten in Germany at Epcot -- a buffet with something for everyone and live entertainment; Rose & Crown in United Kingdom at Epcot; Cape May Cafe (we prefer breakfast over dinner) at the Beach Club; The Plaza Restaurant at the MK -- a nice change of pace over the "heavy" meals you eat on the dining plan -- great sandwiches (salads and soups as well), terrific shakes and even better ice cream desserts (sundaes, banana splits, etc.).; we also like Mama Melrose and 50's Prime Time at the Studios.

sweetiee
01-31-2009, 10:44 AM
We just got back. Before we left, DH wanted to check out the Boardwalk. We ate lunch at ESPN. It was really one of our favorites. If you have sports fans they might like going to that area.
We really enjoyed Maya's at Coranado Springs. Also, the counter service at POFQ was good, so I imagine the TS restaurant is good too. Most places I have learned share the same kitchen between the TS and CS. Also, their Magic Bars are to die for!

KatMark
01-31-2009, 10:51 AM
We just got back. Before we left, DH wanted to check out the Boardwalk. We ate lunch at ESPN. It was really one of our favorites. If you have sports fans they might like going to that area.
We really enjoyed Maya's at Coranado Springs. Also, the counter service at POFQ was good, so I imagine the TS restaurant is good too. Most places I have learned share the same kitchen between the TS and CS. Also, their Magic Bars are to die for!

There is no TS at the POFQ (there is one at the POR which will no longer be serving breakfast and we did not like the dinner there at all).

jamie&Greg
01-31-2009, 11:05 AM
Try prime time cafe at DHS - your kids will love it and they have great Adult beverages!! Try Biregarten at Germany!! Cape May for a character breakfast is great!!

Some one sugested whispering canyon cafe - I was just there and not impressed - i would skip that!!

HAVE FUN!!:)

KatMark
01-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Some one sugested whispering canyon cafe - I was just there and not impressed - i would skip that!!

HAVE FUN!!:)

I agree. We did WCC for dinner in September and found the service horrible and the food overrated (DH got sick on the meat in the skillet).

fterie4u
01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
I would try Biergarten food is great and the atmosphere it a lot of fun for adults & kids!

princess lovers mom
01-31-2009, 02:25 PM
we suggest Sci-Fi; Teppan ; 1900 Park Fare for dinner - the step sister are a hoot!!

Silver Queen
01-31-2009, 02:29 PM
I agree with Biergarten and Mama Melrose. You also might want to consider The Grand Floridian Cafe. It's fun to take the boat over from the MK.

cpayne1997
01-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Thank you so much for all of the suggestions. I know that we will have to book a few of our old favorites but we are looking forward to checking out some new places too.

septbaby
02-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Boma for either meal. We chose dinner right after leaving the AK park and I'm hoping for bfast on an upcoming trip. Fun place to just check out too. :thumbsup2