PDA

View Full Version : Questions about booking on credit card

LittleMissMagic
01-31-2009, 10:19 AM
We'll be visiting WDW as a large group in February 2010 (over a year away, lol). There are a few ADRs I'd like to make that require a credit card. I've never encountered this problem in the past, so I was wondering if you DISers could help me out.

If you book on a credit card, do you have to pay on that credit card?

Will they automatically charge everyone to that one card?

Can you pay in cash?

If I make the reservation for 8 and only 7 show, will they charge me for that person?

Thanks!

MickeyNicki
01-31-2009, 11:22 AM
I know you do not have to pay on that credit card....when we booked the Princess Breakfast I secured it with my debit Visa and then paid with my room key when we ate there...you can also pay cash. All you are doing is securing the ressie with a credit card, you are not paying for it in advance, if you do not show then they charge you for the meal.

tink,too
01-31-2009, 11:33 AM
It depends on where you want to dine, but some restaurants only need a credit card number to hold your ADR and if you don't show up, they charge a certain amount of $.

I know for sure that CRT needs payment up front, though.

LittleMissMagic
01-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I'm booking Akershus, which apparently requires a credit card. So would they charge me for all 8 people or just a set price for not making it? What if I cancel day-of? Is there a fee for that?

tink,too
01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
When you call to book, the CM will tell you all the "rules" about your specific ADR's. I know that we have been charged already for our CRT lunch (in April) and if we want to cancel, we have to give at least 24 hours notice if we want to get a refund. ;)

LittleMissMagic
01-31-2009, 11:00 PM
So you're charged for the cost of your dinner, or you're charged a fee to book?

luvsgrumpy
01-31-2009, 11:56 PM
I have breakfast booked at Akershus on 2/8, originally booked it and reserved with our CC for 5 of us (thought we might do the dining plan but we're not). Anyway, only DD8 and I are going to go now, when I called to change the reservation from 5 to 2, I was told there was no availability for only 2 people and that our table has a minimum seating for 4. Long story short, she changed the ressie to 4 (minimum number for our table) and said I WOULD NOT be charged for the ones who do not show up, the cancellation penalties only apply if you are completely cancelling. Anyone know how this works? Sounds too good to be true.

LittleMissMagic
02-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanks so much, luvsgrumpy. I really hope that's how it is. I'd hate to be charged for a few people who back out. Does anyone know how late you can change the party number?

luvsgrumpy
02-01-2009, 12:34 AM
I hope the CM I shoke with knows what she is talking about. Anyone out there who has experienced this and knows for sure??

tink,too
02-01-2009, 07:14 AM
So you're charged for the cost of your dinner, or you're charged a fee to book?

As I said before, for CRT you have to pay for your meal up front. Some of the other restaurants require a credit card number to hold your ADR. No charges are made unless you are a no-show on the day. ;)

Sorry, I can't help with regards to turning up with less people than the booking was made for as we've never had to do that. :goodvibes

tinkmom2
02-01-2009, 04:47 PM
They will charge your credit card if you are a no show or don't cancel within the proper amount of time. But you don't have to pay with the same card for your meal once you are there. You can use your dining plan or cash.

luvsgrumpy
02-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Anyone know first-hand if they will charge anyone in your party not showing up, as long as some do? :confused3: We have a ressie for 4 but only 2 of us will be going.