PDA

View Full Version : The food of Disney past...

perla75
01-30-2009, 05:36 PM
1)What foods do you miss the most that are no longer served?
Here's what I miss:
-Strawberry Swirls: Loved these!! I am not a Dole Whip fan, but I sure loved the Stawberry Swirls!

-Chicken Strips: I know the new tenders taste exactly the same. I just liked the strips

-Butter Griddled Pound Cake: This was a dessert from LTT. So good!!!

-Twinkie Tirimisu: Sold at Pop Century. Admittedly, I never got to try these but I always wanted to!

2) & if you could pick just one for Disney to bring back, what would it be?
If I could pick one to bring back, it would definitely be the Strawberry Swirls!:thumbsup2

ETA: Please include pics of these extinct treats if you have any!

MickeyNicki
01-30-2009, 05:40 PM
This sounds pretty yucky but way back in the early 90's the egg roll stand in Adventureland had had dogs with cheese wrapped in the egg roll wrappers.....man they were great! Also miss the caramel corn from Liberty Square

ColoradoDis
01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
My DD21 would say the Beaver Tails in EPCOT in Canada - basically a fried dough with cinnamon and sugar. Not complicated - but go-o-o-d!

Tricia1972
01-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Figaro Fries - Real Figaro Fries, not the bacon and cheese fries that they're passing off as Figaro Fries today.

perla75
01-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Figaro Fries - Real Figaro Fries, not the bacon and cheese fries that they're passing off as Figaro Fries today.

How are the current ones different? I haven't seen them since 2007.

Tricia1972
01-30-2009, 09:16 PM

They are now just fries with cheese and bacon on them. They no longer have the fries, cheese and bacon with lettuce, tomatoes and Ranch Dressing on them.

Pumbaa_
01-30-2009, 09:16 PM
school bread :( the original

perla75
01-30-2009, 09:27 PM
They are now just fries with cheese and bacon on them. They no longer have the fries, cheese and bacon with lettuce, tomatoes and Ranch Dressing on them.

Really??? Weird! The ranch dressing was a necessity! Can't you just ask for it on a salad and ask for ranch dressing? :confused3

school bread :( the original

& how did this change? We had one last year right around this time. Has it changed since then?

Tricia1972
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Really??? Weird! The ranch dressing was a necessity! Can't you just ask for it on a salad and ask for ranch dressing? :confused3

I bet if enough people started going to the fixings bar and piling up lettuce, dumping tomatoes on top and then drizzling Ranch Dressing the CM's would demand the return of Figaro Fries as they were! :rotfl: Can you imagine the mess we'd make making our own? I may just try that on principle. ;)

I need to make sure that all of those fixings are on the fixings bar first...

& how did this change? We had one last year right around this time. Has it changed since then?

I hadn't had these before but the frosting completely changed (caramel or something) and they taste totally different. I am sure Jody will be along shortly to answer her own question with more detail :)

brie182
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I miss the french toast they had at Tonys Town Square...when they used to do breakfast.

perla75
01-30-2009, 09:41 PM
I miss the french toast they had at Tonys Town Square...when they used to do breakfast.

I didn't know they did breakfast! When did this end? I would have liked to go there for an early breakfast. :goodvibes

Disnsyncey
01-30-2009, 10:13 PM
-Strawberry Swirls: Loved these!! I am not a Dole Whip fan, but I sure loved the Stawberry Swirls!

Ok, I do love the Strawberry Swirls.....but I enjoy the Dole Whips more....but what about the folks that wanted to sit in the provided shade and order both to share with their families?!?! why disney, why?!?!

My DD21 would say the Beaver Tails in EPCOT in Canada - basically a fried dough with cinnamon and sugar. Not complicated - but go-o-o-d!

AHHHH I was so saddened when the stand was gone! that side of the world showcase is severely lacking with the sugary yumminess.....

Disnsyncey
01-30-2009, 10:14 PM
oh! and the pineapple and caramel dipping sauce at Ohana!! After eating all that meat, I can't imagine stuffing heavy desserts into my stomach.....the light fruit/caramel mixture was AMAZING

buckirj1
01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Beaver Tails!

Lfive
01-30-2009, 11:39 PM
I miss the days (back in the 80's) you could walk through the gates at MK in the morning, walk up to Cindy's Castle and make a reservation for lunch on the spot. Then show up for lunch hours later and order off of a full menu. They had a pretty good French Onion Soup.

OldsDr
01-31-2009, 12:08 AM
I have not been to either since so correct me if they have changed back.

Back in the summer of either 93 or 94 we stayed at Wilderness lodge recently after it opened. we ate at wispering canyon for breakfast. they show was mor tone down than it is now and when the menue said home fries you got real fried potatoes in your skillet. a couple years later we went and their home fries were nothing more than Burger King style Hash Browns. YUK

About five years ago we went to Fort Wilderness Buffett and it was like it was cut in half the big thing I remeber not being there was the french toast. The Home fries there had this cheese in them, again YUK. Why must they mess with a good thing. I would be willing to pay a little more and have quality and varity.

JaiTeam
01-31-2009, 12:50 AM
The french onion was gooood....mmm.

RedOne3781
01-31-2009, 02:26 AM
The hot dog egg rolls mentioned upthread! I miss them. They were awesome. Every year I'd get one and eat it while in line for the Jungle Cruise.
Then all of a sudden...gone. :(

Uncleromulus
01-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Perla: Tony's was a great breakfast spot. We used to relax and have a nice breakfast there, watching the early morning stampede up Main Street. It ended several years ago, unfortunately. I recall the official reason as being there were already several other good spots in the MK for breakfast--which of course isn't the case.
I'd like for a restaurant to bring back an appetizer we had at Harry's Safari--sausage and cheese stuffed mushroom Caps. Six large ones overflowing with the sausage. YUM!!!
And the old "Pigs and Prawns" at Papeete Bay. Three or four slices of pork loin coupled with about 5 large Tempura Shrimp. YUM again!!

lecach
01-31-2009, 06:06 AM
I miss lunch at Cinderellas Castle. My Mom and I always ate there. Like someone else said you could make a ressie the day of and they had a full menu. We always got the chicken caesar salad and they mixed it right at the table. They also served rolls with butter and the butter was shaped like mickey - he even stood up.

I also miss the sit down restaurant at POFQ - Bonfamiles. We loved the breakfast with the waffle and omelet station. But even better we really liked the cajun salad dressing.

RMulieri
01-31-2009, 07:00 AM
I miss the original Citru Swirls.They used to be Frozen Oj and soft serve vanilla ice cream.Now it is Sherbert.Still good but not as good and definitely not the same.

Tissa
01-31-2009, 07:09 AM
I miss cake that was served in slices, not in a little bowl.

maslex
01-31-2009, 08:18 AM
Back in 93 we're were there for our anniversary and I remember we had a sit down dinner in "Italy" at Epcot. I don't remember the name but my husband still talks about the little potato that came with his dinner. He said it was like mashed potatoes that were rolled up and deep fried (so like a littel log) but had a taste of mint? I have NO CLUE what he's talking about. Do you? And is it still available?

BCV23
01-31-2009, 08:40 AM
We miss Pink Leilanis which were a strawberry orange juice combination served at Tangaroa Terrace and Coral Isle Cafe.

GF Ice tea served at the GF Cafe.

Lunch at CRT when the food was good...not the early days and not now. More mid 90s to 2005 or so.

We miss breakfast at Tangaroa Terrace and Tony's although we didn't make it to Tony's often.

We miss lunch at California Grill (only lasted a short time) and especially at Narcoossee's.

The fruit and cheese plate at Rose and Crown when it was good.

PrincessTrisha
01-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Ham and Swiss cheese on a pretzel roll at the Electric Umbrella (2005). When we went there they had some really good sandwiches but this one stood out as my favourite. I got it in February and by the time I returned in December of the same year, it was gone.

jsheridan
01-31-2009, 12:08 PM
For the person that mentioned the pineapple & caramel at O'Hanas - last time we were there I requested that as our dessert (I don't like bananas) and they brought it to me with no problem...

pezaddict231
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Back in 93 we're were there for our anniversary and I remember we had a sit down dinner in "Italy" at Epcot. I don't remember the name but my husband still talks about the little potato that came with his dinner. He said it was like mashed potatoes that were rolled up and deep fried (so like a littel log) but had a taste of mint? I have NO CLUE what he's talking about. Do you? And is it still available?

sounds like a potato croquette, I've never had them at Disney but have found them at Italian restaurants at home, but not mint flavored. They are really tasty, it's like crispy fried mashed potatoes, so good!

bangzoom6877
01-31-2009, 12:43 PM

What you are describing is a potato croquette, which is available in abundance here in NYC at Italian restaurants and specialty gourmet shops (we get them all the time!). A taste of mint? I never had this in a potato croquette, but some people may put a little basil into them, which is in the mint family.

J3nn78
01-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Beavertails and Bonfamiles at POFQ

Simba's Mom
01-31-2009, 01:25 PM
I miss lunch at Cinderellas Castle. My Mom and I always ate there. Like someone else said you could make a ressie the day of and they had a full menu. We always got the chicken caesar salad and they mixed it right at the table. They also served rolls with butter and the butter was shaped like mickey - he even stood up.

Someone else who misses the chicken caesar salad lunch at Cinderella's Castle. By far the biggest loss is not having that. Although I discovered last year that the one that GFC serves tastes very similar. I also miss the peach tarts at Boulangerie Pasterrie in France. Last time I was there, the CM said they'd been out of them for months with no sign of them returning. I also miss the pistachio gelato at BCV Marketplace. That stuff was great!

mom2meiko
01-31-2009, 01:51 PM
we were bummed last year to find that 50's prime time cafe no longer has crinkle cut french fries. they were great but have been replaced with more traditional boring fries. not nearly as tasty. :(

also - amber waves of grain at liberty tree tavern - that was so good - a great vegetarian option! the new noodle dish or whatever it was that replaced it was not nearly as good. :(

Disnsyncey
01-31-2009, 01:56 PM
For the person that mentioned the pineapple & caramel at O'Hanas - last time we were there I requested that as our dessert (I don't like bananas) and they brought it to me with no problem...

AWESOME! That makes me so excited :) I shall ask next time :)

katallo
01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Beaver Tails in Epcot and KoKo Puffs at the Kona Cafe in the Poly

Todd&Copper
01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I miss the Beef Burgundy stew they used to have at Les Chefs de France back in the 1980's,
and the Toll House cookie stand in Liberty Square,
and the teriyaki/pineapple burgers you could get in Adventureland.

Micca
01-31-2009, 07:17 PM
I will always miss the Papeete Bay Verandah (now Ohana) restaurant and everything they served.

I love the Monte Cristo they have at Blue Bayou at DLR, and I vaguely recall they used to serve those at Columbia Harbour House.

I also miss the Empress Lily at DTD(now Fulton's) and the Steerman's Quarters. I had some wonderful meals there with DW way back in the day.:earsboy:

Quick hello to Uncleromulus whom I believe also remembers much of this,.:)

camdensmom
01-31-2009, 07:26 PM
Potatoes at Ohana

Citrus Swirls

figment95
01-31-2009, 08:10 PM
I miss the restaurant in Norway. Before the princess buffet they used to have the best buffet. It was huge! They had a big section with cold meats, salads and breads and a section with hot foods. They had the best meatballs and mashed rudabegas (I spelled that wrong). They also had a big kids' section. The last time we went, it was such a dissappiontment. That restaurant was always a must do for us. We haven't been there in years.

AustinTink
01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
I heard that the hot dogs at Casey's are no longer foot longs. I'm going to miss splitting one with my husband. I'll have to get my own. :)

J3nn78
01-31-2009, 08:17 PM
I miss the restaurant in Norway. Before the princess buffet they used to have the best buffet. It was huge! They had a big section with cold meats, salads and breads and a section with hot foods. They had the best meatballs and mashed rudabegas (I spelled that wrong). They also had a big kids' section. The last time we went, it was such a dissappiontment. That restaurant was always a must do for us. We haven't been there in years.

I meant to mention that too. Being Scandinavian, I HATE what they have done to Akershus. My family had such a great meal there in 2000 and my straight from Denmark grandparents loved it. I refuse to go back now that they changed it.

M-I-C-K-E-Y
01-31-2009, 08:53 PM
Cottage/Shepherd's Pie, at Epcot's Rose & Crown. We're of British descent, and were so very, very disappointed dining there last year. It wasn't just the lack of the aforementioned selection, but the food was dreadful.

It had been a few years (5+) since we had been there, and we won't return there soon... :sad1:

MapleGirl
01-31-2009, 09:15 PM
The frozen strawberry yogurt Minnie bars that the ice cream carts sold in the '90's.

To the person missing the Koko puffs from Kona: Are they the small frozen puff pastry balls filled with cream and served with chocolate? If so, we had them 2 years ago on our honeymoon. They weren't on the menu, but the waiter brought out a plate of them with a congratulations card after dinner. We kept going back to get more! The waiter told us we could ask for them anytime. Yum!

KimKamMom
01-31-2009, 09:40 PM
1)What foods do you miss the most that are no longer served?
Here's what I miss:

-Chicken Strips: I know the new tenders taste exactly the same. I just liked the strips

-Butter Griddled Pound Cake: This was a dessert from LTT. So good!!!

-Twinkie Tirimisu: Sold at Pop Century. Admittedly, I never got to try these but I always wanted to!

2) & if you could pick just one for Disney to bring back, what would it be?
If I could pick one to bring back, it would definitely be the Strawberry Swirls!:thumbsup2

ETA: Please include pics of these extinct treats if you have any!
It would have to be the Ploughman's Platter at Epcot's Rose and Crown. They now have a Ploughman's salad which is not adequate.

We will not eat at the R&C until they bring back the platter..

Alice28
01-31-2009, 09:53 PM
When we honeymooned at the Wilderness Lodge in 1995, I remember they had a coffee bar in the lobby. Each morning I bought this apple-cinnamon muffin for breakfast and it was soooo good. Big fresh chunks of apples, struesel topping to the muffin. Alas, the coffee bar is long gone, as are the muffins.:guilty:

Sully&CJ
01-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Without a doubt I would totally bring back the shrimp wontons from Ohana's. Miss them so much! And the tortilla bowl salads at Dixie Landings food court.

Aerorea
01-31-2009, 11:27 PM
I miss the fettuccine alfredo in Italy. It was where I first fell in love with this dish and I've yet to find one as good. :(

MamaCoog
01-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Potatoes at Ohana

I second the potatoes. I haven't tried the noodles but those potatoes will be hard to beat!

OT- I am a mother to a Camden as well!!

Dannielle_1
01-31-2009, 11:51 PM
I miss the honey butter that came with the bread basket at LTT (lunch). Now its just plain ol' butter. And I miss "molded" butter. It use to come molded into a specific shape for each restaurants.

I really enjoy the new Tusker house, but also miss the counterservice food they served there. It was the best counterservice in the "World." I always got the corn chowder - yum.

Joshua_me
02-01-2009, 12:05 AM
"Squishy", white hot dog buns at Casey's and other places, not the dry, crumbly fall apart ones they have now... :crazy2:

I'd forgotten about the great Caesar salad mixed at your table in Cindy's castle. Hard to believe that you could make your ressie the same day, and that the food inside use to be ten times better than it is now... :sad2:

CourtasanSatine
02-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Is there a way to make Figaro Fries at home?

Karlzmom
02-01-2009, 04:31 AM

I also miss the sit down restaurant at POFQ - Bonfamiles. We loved the breakfast with the waffle and omelet station. But even better we really liked the cajun salad dressing.

...sorry had to comment that I'm picturing people hacking into poor Mickey with their knives until the guy falls over in defeat...followed by a general cry of distress from any small child in sight range...:rotfl2: I guess I really should figure out how not to be on the board at this hour.:)

Disneylovingmom
02-01-2009, 05:10 AM
The Cantina de San Angel in Epcot used to have some kind of watermelon drink. (non-alcoholic) It was really good! Does anyone else remember that? They haven't had it for years now.

tndisneyfan
02-01-2009, 05:55 AM
The shrimp wontons at Ohana.

Twinkie Tiramisu at POP.

Those Mickey ice cream bars that had the vanilla face and chocolate ears.

BCV23
02-01-2009, 07:01 AM
...sorry had to comment that I'm picturing people hacking into poor Mickey with their knives until the guy falls over in defeat...followed by a general cry of distress from any small child in sight range...:rotfl2: I guess I really should figure out how not to be on the board at this hour.:)

Our older son used to delight in teasing his younger sister...."next I'm going to cut off Mickey's right foot." She would pretend to be horrified.

I miss the molded Mickey's too.

k&a&c'smom
02-01-2009, 08:06 AM
I miss most of what has already been mentioned: strawberry swirl, beavertails, white hot dog/hamburger buns, walking into CRT for a same-day reservation. I didn't even know that the peach tart was gone at Boulangerie and the pistaschio gelato at BC ~sob~ - we loved that flavor! The shrimp wontons at Ohana.

I also miss the onion strings at 50's PT, they were very good; the original Grand Floridian Burger at GF Cafe - with guacamole; the one they have now has asparagus and lobster on it! and priced at $17.:rolleyes: Miss the stuffed french toast at GF Cafe, too, although the stuffed croissant is good.

The Koko puffs at Kona Cafe - you can still get one if you have a special occasion, and there for a while, you could do a special request for a full order, but lately they don't seem to have enough on hand, and because they make them less frequently, they are not as fresh. Miss the blackened mahi mahi sandwich at Kona, the Kona chowder, and the good dressing on the Kona salad - they've changed that to be "healthier", I presume, no taste now.

DD could rattle off another dozen things that have gone away, I do know she still mourns the loss of the butternut squash and crab soup at Narcoossee's! She mentions it every time we're there, lol.

The sticky Mickey at the Concourse Steakhouse - is it available anywhere, now?

Oh, the bread bowl for the soups at CHH.

snow.white
02-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Beaver Tails in Epcot and KoKo Puffs at the Kona Cafe in the Poly

What are KoKo puffs? and where can i get the figaro fries?

minuet
02-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Prime Time 50s used to make a genuine homemade mac and cheese. It had a cheese sauce and then was topped with cheddar and broiled. It really had that home cooked taste to it and was my favourite meal of our 1991 trip when I was 9.

It's sad that mac and cheese has turned into Stouffer's world wide now except for a couple of locations.

I also miss the potato/pasta place at sunshine Seasons. The loaded baked potatoes were amazing! They also did mickey shaped pasta with a cheese sauce. I'm not a fan of Sunshine Seasons anymore.

My brother misses the double decker peanut butter and jelly sandwich from PT50s. His favourite meal as a 7 year old.

dhcoffey
02-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I have to second the breakfast at Tony's. That was a must do for us every trip.

Heather

Uncleromulus
02-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Micca: I do remember and it's making me cry!!

Hopefully
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
I also miss the bread soup bowl at Columbia Harbour House, as well as the soup and sandwich combo.
I miss the crispy Chicken sandwich at the Tusker House, the best CS in all the world.
I miiss the butternut squash soup at Narcoossee's.
And I miss the old Empress Lilly and the Good Ole Days when Captain Jack's had a real seafood menu and was really good.

CaptainNemo
02-01-2009, 09:53 AM
I really miss the Bread Bowl Soups at Columbia Harbor House and the original Askeshus.

Simba's Mom
02-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Ah, yes! I'd forgotten about that one-I loved it too! And the mashed rutabagas were delicious-surprising since rutabagas aren't ordinarily that good. And our server always said (we went several times) that we had to have seven plates of food in order to be a Viking. Does anyone else remember that?

Simba's Mom
02-01-2009, 09:58 AM
I just remembered something else I loved-the beef stew that came in a bread bowl at Tusker House around 2002 or so.

mom2meiko
02-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Columbia Harborhouse doesn't do the breadbowls anymore? I am definitely adding that to my list and rethinking my plans to eat lunch there on our next trip. :(

I also miss the Emperess Lily. Only went there once when I was a young girl but it was a special trip with my dad and I always wanted to go back again. :(

sdedalus
02-01-2009, 10:35 AM
The french toast at CPalace before Pooh, when it was a "buffeteria". It probably was similar to the french toast at Tony's

Paticake
02-01-2009, 10:42 AM
We loved the multi grain pancakes and berry compote that they used to serve at the character breakfast at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Still miss that breakfast.

Paticake
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Ah and reading through this thread I really miss the coffee bar at WL. You could get the coffee with shaved chocolate and whipped cream in the evening. Great muffins and coffee for breakfast as well.

La2kw
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
I wish they would evict the characters from Crystal Palace, CRT, Akershus, and Hollywood and Vine, and return to menus at CRT and Akershus. Thankfully, they finally got rid of the characters at LTT, but unfortunately, they haven't brought back the menu. Oh and return to buffeteria service at Crystal Palace and Le Cellier. And bring back the handwich. And real food at Sleepy Hollow (not that I don't love those funnel cakes). And bring back Adventureland Verandah.

Most of all, get rid of the DDP and return the quality to the food overall.

Simba's Mom
02-01-2009, 12:17 PM
OOh, OOh-I just thought of something else (Can you tell I'm loving this thread!) When you mentioned evicting the characters from those locations, I remembered when the Crystal Palace was a Bufeteria and they had this yummy chocolate cake with cherries.

Alice28
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
We loved the multi grain pancakes and berry compote that they used to serve at the character breakfast at Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Still miss that breakfast.

I remember that character breakfast!!! We went on our honeymoon and I had this berry stuffed French Toast. TDF.

hoffman1
02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I too miss the sliced cake desserts (instead of the pre-packaged variety). I also miss the seared scallop appetizer that was served on some type of lemon salad at Raglan Road a couple of years ago.

My husband misses the garlic filet that was served at lunch at LeCellier but was replaced by the mushroom filet the last time we were there.
He also misses the chocolate/peanut butter dessert at Pecos Bills.
The thing he misses most is Monte Cristo sandwiches. He talks about them all the time and we have made them at home and have had them at other restaurants but he says they are not the same.

mickeymotto
02-01-2009, 04:29 PM
The fried boursin cheese appetizer from 50's Prime Time.

Ohana Potatoes

Original School Bread from Kringla Bakeri

Lasgana from Wolfgang Pucks Express

......So sad :sad1:

klineyqueen
02-01-2009, 04:49 PM
I miss the Figaro Fries...they were so good.

SUNFLOWER93
02-01-2009, 05:59 PM
vanilla ice cream a strip of carmel and then covered in chocolate. YUMMY!:cool1: I think they disappeared after the MK anniversary. Much better than a mickey bar I wish they would bring them back:sad:

kat3668
02-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Yah another fan of Figaro fries here.... You can slop all the stuff on em from the salad bar but its just not the same. The best part too was that they were only a snack credit and made a great lunch!

Oh and WAYYYY back in 1991 on my first trip we went to the Poly and I had this french toast that had a baked cinnamon crust on it. I had never eaten anything that good before and it was long gone before I made it back to WDW.:sad:

britterbell
02-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I miss the chicken strips. =( Those were gooooooood =)

perla75
02-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow, this thread really took off!!:goodvibes

Anyone have any photos of these foods and restaurants of the past?

MapleGirl
02-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I wish they would evict the characters from Crystal Palace, CRT, Akershus, and Hollywood and Vine, and return to menus at CRT and Akershus. Thankfully, they finally got rid of the characters at LTT, but unfortunately, they haven't brought back the menu.

Here! Here!:cheer2:

annie1995
02-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Twinkie Tirimisu and Lunar Cheesecake at Pop Century. Ahhhh, good times:goodvibes

perla75
02-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Twinkie Tirimisu and Lunar Cheesecake at Pop Century. Ahhhh, good times:goodvibes

Do tell-what was the Lunar Cheesecake?

Disnsyncey
02-01-2009, 10:26 PM
I really enjoy the new Tusker house, but also miss the counterservice food they served there. It was the best counterservice in the "World." I always got the corn chowder - yum.

dude, I loved the chicken salad they had there....why can't they add that to the buffet? haha

inkedupmomma
02-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I can't recall what the menu was at CRT in May 2005, but we LOVED it!! We like it now as well, but we really really loved it in 2005. Anyone remember the menu lol. The desserts were also amazing then!

Those beaver tails sound delish!

joliesmom
02-02-2009, 12:37 AM
The Cantina de San Angel in Epcot used to have some kind of watermelon drink. (non-alcoholic) It was really good! Does anyone else remember that? They haven't had it for years now.

During the food and wine festival I bought a watermelon drink (non-alcoholic) from near the cantina.

webray
02-02-2009, 05:54 AM
During the food and wine festival I bought a watermelon drink (non-alcoholic) from near the cantina.

That drink has been replaced for a couple years or more during food and wine...we definately miss it..the new one isn't year as good...a green citrus something I think.

webray
02-02-2009, 05:56 AM
We miss a lot of things...

Monte Cristo sandwich from Columbia Harvour House

BBQ chicken and fixings from Fireworks Factory in DTD

BBQ chicken nachos from the cart/stand near the bridge in AK

The breakfast buffet the Poly used to have (20 years ago)

Ring Cakes from the bakery in Norway (EPCOT)

ROEDISNEY
02-02-2009, 06:04 AM
The Corn in the Cob from Typhoon Lagoon. It was in this big triangle cage cooking. It was the best we ever had. It was back in the 90's. We would love to have that again.

Simba's Mom
02-02-2009, 06:52 AM
That drink has been replaced for a couple years or more during food and wine...we definately miss it..the new one isn't year as good...a green citrus something I think.
Darn it! I was planning to add the watermelon drink to my list of foods this year. DH loves the food at the stand next to the Mexicam pavillion during the F&W and I was going to add this to his order.

Uncleromulus
02-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Webray: Talking about the breakfast buffet at Tangora Terrace?? That's the one we used to go to and it was as good as (or better) than anything they have now at any resort.

perla75
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
I miss the Odyssey Food Court in Epcot.

Also, anyone remember a CS place called Pure & Simple in the Wonders of Life Pavilion? That used to be a favorite for my mom & I.

NHTikiBeckie
02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
The Fried Brie at Prime Time!

dvcdisney
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I didn't read through the whole thread but I'm pretty sure that I am the only one who will mention the Citrus Creme Brulee at Coral Reef. Apparently, they offered it for a few months to a year (I don't really know how long in 2007) and it was very short-lived. No one ordered it, except for me and everyone complained.

But, I did love it. So it would be the Citrus Creme Brulee at Coral Reef for me!

Desnik
02-02-2009, 11:31 AM
I miss the maple BBQ filet at LeCellier!! I also miss the rice and they had at Ohana's.

What my biggest complaint is and what I miss the most is the better quality of food. The normal portion size. The non wheat buns that don't fall apart!! We just got back and noticed an even bigger decline in the food quality and portion size. They kept the prices the same. The only place that did not disappoint was Tutto Italia.

jimmalru80
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I miss the Ringnes beer in Norway.

Jennifer815
02-02-2009, 05:13 PM
Sigh...this thread makes me sad.

That said I miss:

The Fried Boursin at 50's PT

Alfredo's Fettuccine Alfredo: I will never set foot in that mockery of a place they have now :rolleyes:

The Jack Daniel's Chocolate Cake at Yachtsman's

The Cheesesteak they used to have at Cosmic Ray's--I know it's not "real", or even that great, but there was something about it I just adored...

The Fried Chicken Sandwich at the Tusker House back when it was CS. Only got to have it once, but man was that good.

deej696
02-02-2009, 05:56 PM
The french toast at the Disney Inn was my favorite as a kid:thumbsup2

The deep dish pizza they used to serve at the place where Tomorrowland Noodle Station is now was good too...

lacrosse_lady72
02-02-2009, 06:15 PM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3062/2903143211_34324bfc89.jpg
The NEW Figaro Fries. :sad2: I never got to try the orginal, but I did get some ranch from the condiment station and I added it on post-photo.

slduck
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Ok.... I have a few "off the wall" ones.

Key lime creme brulee at CRT

Flavored butters/spreads at Hollywood and Vine

Baked cod and horseradish mashed potatoes at Akershus

Steak with red wine butter at Concourse!!!!!!

disneygal2007
02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
I miss the croissant with egg cheese and ham. At the bakery on main street at the MK. MMMMM calorlies :bitelip:

Disnsyncey
02-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Key lime creme brulee at CRT

ok, so...when was this and why didn't I get to try it?!?!?! hahah My fav non-ice cream dessert is key lime pie!

meef
02-02-2009, 10:42 PM
There used to be this salad at the MK, back in tomorrowland I think... It was chicken, potatoes and green beans and was in my memory one of the very best CS meals I had... Of course its been many years and the memory sure isn't what it used to be ;)