PDA

View Full Version : Those turkey legs

mattgubala@yahoo.com
01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
What type of cooking process do they use for those delicious turkey legs at the parks like MGM or the water parks?

MickeyNicki
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
They smoke them

mattgubala@yahoo.com
01-30-2009, 07:06 PM
thank you is there a marinade? previous to the smoking?

BreTyPres87
02-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I dont know how WDW cooks theirs but i'm pretty sure its the same as the ones we had at Rennfest, they're just salt & pepper omg good though like ham but its turkey (wow so profound! :rotfl2: )

jgplimdesign
02-26-2009, 08:59 PM
um. . . they showed up on the Food Channel (or maybe the Travel Channel)----if I recall correctly, they said something along the lines of having a saline/flavoring injection prior to cooking. . . I know that probably doesn't sound so appetizing. . .but that is what I recall. . .maybe someone else out there has seen/heard this. . .

AustinTink
02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
um. . . they showed up on the Food Channel (or maybe the Travel Channel)----if I recall correctly, they said something along the lines of having a saline/flavoring injection prior to cooking. . . I know that probably doesn't sound so appetizing. . .but that is what I recall. . .maybe someone else out there has seen/heard this. . .

I don't doubt the saline injection. I swell up like crazy after sharing one of those with my family.

BreTyPres87
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM

Yeah I've seen that done/done it with a turkey a whole one though it seems like a lot of work for legs but I don't doubt it!

disneynutz
02-27-2009, 06:17 AM
They call them turkey, but some think that they are emu.

WhereOWhere
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
They inject them with a saline brine solution (yes, they did show this on one of the Travel Channel shows), and smoke them for I believe 6 or 7 hours. The saline injection is what helps keep them moist, as it draws the moisture into the turkey leg (and they are not emu, that is just one of those rumours, Disney has confirmed multiple times that they are turkey, I'm sure the FDA wouldn't look kindly on them selling fake food items).