PDA

View Full Version : Is it easier to get ressies for a group of 6 vs. 5?

ShelsGoingToDisney
01-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Is it easier to get a reservation (looking for Chef Mickeys) with a group of 6 rather than 5? We have 5 in our party that for sure want to go and one maybe but probably not. I am wondering if it is easier to get a ressie for 6 being an even number and all. Would it be better for me to make the ressie for 6 and then tell them when we check in that the 6th person couldn't make it? Would that be a problem? TIA!

DRS_Are_Best
01-30-2009, 08:20 PM
We didn't have a problem with Chef Mickey's but we are a table of 5 -- CRT breakfast we actually have 2 ressies -- Table of 3 and Table of 2. Hopefully we'll be sitting together but if not, I'll sit with the twins and dh will sit with ds and then around halfway through the meal, we'll switch.

It can't hurt to try......

dznygurl
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I am actually going to try this. We really want Chef Mickeys and Tusker House, but can't get a table of 5 for next month. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm thinking, even if I tell them when we get there that one of our "party" couldn't make it, the worse they would do is charge me a $10 no show charge. I would be willing to part with $10 to get my kids the character meals they're hoping for.:upsidedow

RACHELSMOM1
01-30-2009, 10:20 PM
We are a party of 5, and it is often difficult to get ressies. When I call back and ask for table for 6, I have my choices of times. :confused3

sweetiee
01-31-2009, 12:24 AM
We found this out on our trip this past week. We had a hard time getting reservations for a party of 3. Finally a sweet manager at one restaurant looked for us and found a booking for a party of 6 for the restaurant we wanted the next day. We had a breakfast booked at 1900 Park Faire, but wanted a dinner. She told us she could book a party of 6 and when we got there to just tell them the rest couldn't make it. WE had tried everything and no one would get us in for a party of 3. We even arrived to our dinner early and they took us about 10 minutes later. There were a lot of seats available. We didn't get in the main dining room, more on the side, but it was fine for us as the commotion would have been too much for DD.
So I say ask for a party of 6. They never did ask us where the other 3 were.

dznygurl
01-31-2009, 10:29 PM
ok, it worked!!! :cool1: I called for Chef Mickey's breakfast for a table of 5...no chance. I called back and asked for a table of 6 and got a ressie. They didn't ask for a credit card to hold the ressie like my other ADR's did though. So I'm hoping I won't be charged at all for not having a 6th person with us.:confused3

ktlm
02-01-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't think Disney likes to have too many tables with one empty chair at them. I guess they want the money from that chair. I was really surprised at how hard it is to get reservations for 3 or 5, compared to how easy with 4 or 6. I called and tried to make a reservation for 5 at 1900 Park Faire, and was told there was only one time the entire night available, 8:00 p.m. I asked what there would be if we were a party of 6, and she looked and told me I would have my choice of any time I wanted for the entire evening.