PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace

kitkatsmom
01-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Would you recommend eating Breakfast or Dinner at the crystal palace?

I was thinking breakfast but then thought I would rather eat a light breakfast in our room or at our hotel and get right to the rides when we arrive at the park...
But I love crystal palace and don't want to miss it, so I thought well maybe we can do dinner there...

But is the food decent? I mean you can't really go wrong with a breakfast buffet.. but you certainly can go wrong in a dinner buffet.. lol

So what do you all think?

And for those who recommend against crystal palace for dinner, can you recommend somewhere else in the park to eat.
Thanks
pixiedust: princess:

KatMark
01-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Would you recommend eating Breakfast or Dinner at the crystal palace?

I was thinking breakfast but then thought I would rather eat a light breakfast in our room or at our hotel and get right to the rides when we arrive at the park...
But I love crystal palace and don't want to miss it, so I thought well maybe we can do dinner there...

But is the food decent? I mean you can't really go wrong with a breakfast buffet.. but you certainly can go wrong in a dinner buffet.. lol

So what do you all think?

And for those who recommend against crystal palace for dinner, can you recommend somewhere else in the park to eat.
Thanks
pixiedust: princess:

We have only done breakfast. I would say do breakfast and get the 8:05 a.m. adr and you'll be done with breakfast just about the time the park opens (this way you also get unobstructed pictures of the castle as you will be one of the few people on Main Street).

As for dinner, we really love the Plaza Restaurant at the MK. It is basically soups, salads and sandwiches (burgers, clubs, reubens, etc.) and great shakes and even better desserts. We find it a nice change of pace from all the "heavy" meals we eat the rest of the trip on teh dining plan.

MickeyNicki
01-30-2009, 09:32 AM
We love both but after eating breakfast there last week (pics in my Jan link) I have to say breakfast, it was sooo good and the characters were great and it wasnt busy at all!

ROEDISNEY
01-30-2009, 09:35 AM
We've done both and both are very good. So it's really your preference as to what meal you want there.

pumba
01-30-2009, 09:41 AM
I too love both....but I love the salmon at dinner .....it is awesome and so is all the rest of the food.....
chef Mickeys is also a good breakfast with characters.....

Hope you have a good time where ever you go....

Perditamarie
01-30-2009, 09:49 AM
We really like breakfast at CP...the food is excellent, hot, constantly replenished and the waitstaff is very attentive regarding drinks, plates and any questions. The characters are also fun! We like to schedule a late breakfast and have it serve as breakfast/lunch. This has worked really well for us.

Cinderumbrella
01-30-2009, 09:55 AM
We have done both and FAR prefer breakfast.

It is a first day tradition. We do the 8:05 am and are finishing up just as the park opens. Then we head off to Fantasyland and get through all of those rides in the first hour! :thumbsup2

KimmyDisneyNerd
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
I have done both and really love the breakfast more.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
01-30-2009, 11:29 AM
We did dinner there on January 14th. It was excellent. :thumbsup2 Great food, excellent service, and was arguably our best dinner buffet of the trip. It is #1 on our "must do" list for any future vacations.

If on the DDP, having your TS as a dinner rather than a breakfast gets more out of your plan. Though we are big breakfast lovers, this sells me on the dinners. I admit, I like to know we are getting "the most" money-wise out of the DDP. :)