PDA

View Full Version : restaurants for a group of teens

disneydude1234
01-30-2009, 02:15 AM
hi, i'm going to be in disney staying at pop century from may 11-19 with 3 of my friends (all of us 19 years old, 2 guys 2 girls). we wanted to make reservations at maybe 3 restaurants for while we're there. we know we want to do one character meal, and we were thinking about one "nice" meal, like a nice night out or something, and maybe one more depending on whats available/our budget. i was wondering what ideas anyone would have for a group like us...if you had to pick 3 restaurants, one character meal one nice restaurant and one bonus restaurant, what would you pick? we're approacing the 90 day mark and can't decide so we wanted some other opinions.

thanks!

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
01-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Well, Sci-Fi at DHS is kind of fun, would most likely appeal to your age group, and be reasonably easy on the wallet. :thumbsup2 My teenager enjoys the atmosphere there, and thinks eating in the cards is rather novel.

For a character meal, I would recommend Ohanas for breakfast (if you guys can get your keisters up and out of bed in time, that is ;) ). If you are thinking more along the lines of dinner, Crystal Palace at MK gets my vote (excellent buffet offerings, pretty restaurant, Pooh characters are so much fun, and its very conveniently located at Magic Kingdom), followed by Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary (Chef Mickeys not so much for the food, but for the atmopshere. Its just a fun, fun place to be! And meeting the Fab 5 all in one place is so wonderful ::yes:: ).

As for the "nice" meal.....you're on your own there. My family prefers the character meals :flower3: . What about picking one of the Epcot restaurants, depending on your tastes? If you guys are into Italian, then maybe Tutto Italia. Or LeCellier in Canada?

Have a fun trip!!

dawnbu40
01-30-2009, 06:57 AM
DD18 an 8 time veteran offers you the following suggestions....the Akerhaus Princess meal since the food is good plus all girls love princesses and the guys will enjoy checking out the princesses:rotfl2:....for a nice dinner she likes Fultons in DTD or Mama Melrose in HS....and for a fun place she suggests the 50's Cafe in HS. Have a great time!

JanB
01-30-2009, 10:00 AM
These are the ones I'd suggest for your age group ----------

Teppan Edo -- a favorite of my 22-yr-old son

Rainforest Cafe -- ditto

Raglan Road

Raglan Road isn't currently one of my son's favorites (only because he's not been there), but I predict that it will be when we take him in May. It's a really fun place that I think young adults would enjoy. When my husband and I went last August, not only were there a lot of Disney families there, but there were lots of young adults. Go late enough to enjoy the live entertainment which begins each night at 9:00 (I think). Raglan Road has good food and great traditional Irish entertainment.

He's not too much into the character meals. But the ones that he's OK with are the ones that have Donald, Goofy, Chip & Dale, Tigger -- the characters that will be silly with you. He won't have anything to do with a princess meal. Your choice of character meals might depend on what the guys will tolerate -- LOL! Other than Chef Mickey, I haven't kept up with which characters are at which restaurants. But we would choose EITHER a "classic character" meal OR a Pooh & Friends meal. With those, you get a good combination of sweetness and silliness.

teach22180
01-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Mine was 19 and 20 the last two times we went. She loves Pooh and Stitch, and she enjoyed the Crystal Palace and the Ohana breakfast. If you don't do Ohana for Stitch, you would probably enjoy it for dinner as your fun place. It's one of those places where they bring you meat on a skewer, and it's all you can eat.

We didn't do a "nice" meal, so I can't help you with that one, sorry.

perriwinkleblue
01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
My 2 cents:

'Ohana dinner - Good food in a fun atmosphere. The resort is great at night with the torches lit.

BOMA for dinner (or breakfast) - walk around the resort and check out the animals and gift shop. They also do an outside firepit.

For the character meal maybe CP or Chef Mickey's? Breakfast might be fun.

My runner-up idea is Teppan Edo. Lots of fun for a group.

Have a great trip:)

onelilspark
01-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd do O'Hana breakfast as your character meal.

I'd do Biergarten.

And if you can fit in a "nice" meal I would do Jiko.

ksbean
01-30-2009, 11:23 AM
- A lot of times lunches are less expensive than dinners
- Looking at the menus here and/or at allearsnet.com will give you a good idea on prices and dining options.
- Choose what you and your friends would like to try. With Disney some of the dining experience is the atmosphere.
- A salad is usually considered an appetizer at most table service restaurants.

Character Meal
- Chef Mickey's for breakfast

Fun Theme Dining
- Sci Fi (prefer lunch)
- 50's Diner (lunch or dinner)

Dinner
- Ohana's - All you can eat.
- Mama Melrose's (lunch or dinner)
- Rose and Crown (prefer lunch)

2005s4
01-30-2009, 11:30 AM
If you were looking for something casual, I would check out the ESPN club at the Boardwalk. We usually do this when we go up, we are all 21-24 in age.

ROEDISNEY
01-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Chef Mic's for the Character meal. :worship:
50's Prime Time In DHS - Good food & Fun
Teppen Edo In Epcot - Good food & Fun
Coral Reef in Epcot - Good Food & a very nice atmosphere

VBsHustla
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Crystal Palace for breakfast would be my top pick for a character meal (followed by Chef Mickey's if you'd prefer to dine with Mickey and the rest of the Fab 5).

For your nice meal, I've had fun with my friends at California Grill (and the food is of course great!), but our best experiences have been at Chefs de France. The servers have always been really friendly and seem to love having a table of people their own age! They've often waved to us as we've walked by the restaurant on days following our meals, and a few have even remembered us from one trip to the next!

Tutto Italia might also be fun due to interaction with the servers (since we always have a great time in the shops in Italy), but I've never eaten there so I don't have any opinions to share on the food.

Good luck deciding, and have fun!