PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier with kids...

scape1224
01-29-2009, 04:16 PM
title says it all.

if you have taken your kids to Le Cellier did they do well for the meal?

i know my kids will eat the food no problem, but is there anything interesting for them while waiting on the meal? if no, how did your kiddos do with that?

mine will be 6, 3.5 and 8 months when we go...all boys.

mom_to_2
01-29-2009, 04:24 PM
good question...ill be there with an almost 4yo and an 8mo...

lov2b@disney
01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
We did it last June with an 11,7 and 2 year old (boys) it was just fine. No entertainment in the restaurant, it is sort of a dark cozy atmosphere. There is the usual crayons and activity pages to do.

OKW Lover
01-29-2009, 05:08 PM
LeCellier has the standard kid's menu thing. They also have crayons for coloring in the menu and working the games. That's pretty standard at the WDW restaurants.

nvrenoughdisney
01-29-2009, 06:58 PM
We've been there twice with kids. Last year we had 4 kids under age 6 and this year we had 6 kids ages 6 and under. I agree with the others that it is the typical kids dining experience! I didn't feel out of place with them. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

cndnchicky
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM
We've brought our kids for the last two trips. I've seen some people take their kids out and walk around the Canada area...very beautiful and alot for them to see. But for sure bring your kids, i can promise you that there will be many other little ones there besides yours!!!:)

tiggerx3
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM
We took our DD at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 and she was really good for both trips. Like the other posters said, crayons and activity pages were provided. She also had fun decorating her ice cream with sprinkles.
We decided last year to take our portable DVD player to the restaurants where they didn't have characters. That kept her entertained too!

jdcthree
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
My ds was almost 5 when we ate there and if I remember correctly, he sat and drew on candy paper with an edible marker. I don't remember if we got it in a World Showcase shop, but I know we bought it somewhere in Epcot. It kept him busy while we waited for our food, which wasn't long.

colinsdad
01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
My DW and I had our anniversary dinner there last September and were with our DS4 and DD6mos.

Its Disney. Most families having dinner are like mine (and yours). Don't let the fact that this place serves an awesome Filet scare you off. We had a few extra courses (Soup, Salad, App) before our entree so we asked our server to bring out DS's dinner after the soup course (we all started with the Cheddar Cheese Soup. YUMMMMM!)

As other posters have noted, they have kids menus they can color on too. If they bore easily like my DS (but I only have 1) bring something they like and cross your fingers.:goodvibes

shellybaxter
01-29-2009, 08:08 PM
As long as your children will be able to sit nicely and not run around, scream, cry, kick your table neighbors, etc then they will be fine a LeCellier. Its not really a "kids place" where there is a lot to entertain them, but well behaved kids will be just fine and no one will think twice about them being there

WAHMto5
01-30-2009, 06:53 AM
We make sure to go to LeCelliers every trip and always have our 5 children with us. There are always a bunch of children in there dining and we have always had a good meal with no problems;)

scape1224
01-30-2009, 09:52 AM
thanks for your opinions!

we went with it and got an ADR there for may 5th at 5:35.

i cannot wait to try it!! :cool1:

DjdBrit
01-30-2009, 10:03 AM
We went in April when my kids were 2, 4 and 7. They got the usual kids menus to color and when I am on vacation I don't carry my usual car load of crap to entertain them. They all did great, snacking on the pretzel bread kept them busy and then we play eye spy when the going gets tough. Our version of eye spy is looking for a color of an item not a letter since not everyone can spell it works really well. Between that and then endless trips to the bathroom we all had a great time and everyone wants to go back in MAy:)

Good luck and I am glad you got your ADR.

abc999
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
The pretzel bread and a vanilla milkshake kept my kids (ages 2.5 and 4.5) busy until their steak came.

goldenears
01-30-2009, 01:31 PM
We took our kid there on our last trip in Dec.. Our kids were 3 and 1. As others have said, no entertainment, etc..., but the pretzel bread is great and you do get crayons to color with. There is a Kidcot station right next to LeCellier. You could always pick up masks for your 2 older kids and they could work on coloring them while waiting for food.