PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Post

rudetreehill
01-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Hey, Moderators!

As a relatively new poster, I want to get an answer to this question before I do something.

I'm working on a piece for my website that's basically about rude behavior at Disney. Things people do that drive those of us who try our darndest to follow the rules crazy. You know, smoking in non-designated areas, not listening to instructions ("please move all the way across the aisle"), etc. I figured there's no better place to go for feedback than here!

Is it okay to basically post something saying... well, that? That I'm working on a piece for my website, the address of which can be found in my signature (I have a Disboards image/link on my homepage), and asking for people to reply with their "pet peeves" when it comes to rudeness at the House of Mouse?

Thanks for your guidance, oh mighty ones!

:)

lovetoscrap
01-29-2009, 03:09 PM
I am going to ask a Theme Parks Mod to give you an answer to this. That is the board that your question would be posted on. I do know that if you just go there and look back through the Theme Parks board and Community Board you will find many threads on the subject. Sometimes they become quite "hot" and have to be locked.

lovetoscrap
01-29-2009, 08:23 PM
On further thought I am thinking that you may also need to get permission from our site owner for this kind of post since you are basically looking for stories to post elsewhere. You might send an email to Pete Werner at webmaster@wdwinfo.com and to our Webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com explaining what you want to do and get their permission.

CanadianGuy
01-29-2009, 11:27 PM
On further thought I am thinking that you may also need to get permission from our site owner for this kind of post since you are basically looking for stories to post elsewhere. You might send an email to Pete Werner at webmaster@wdwinfo.com and to our Webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com explaining what you want to do and get their permission.

I think this is correct. :)

You could also go to Google... and do a

site:disboards.com Rude

And you'll find lots of archive material .. ;)

BenA81
01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
darnit CanadianGuy, I've got work to do and you just created a huge distraction for me! pirate:

rudetreehill
01-30-2009, 02:07 PM
I wasn't necessarily looking to reprint things that people said, more get ideas that I could use as generalities. But that's a great idea, I'll write him, see what he says. Rather like approaching the Wizard and hoping to have one's wish granted!

Ignore the man behind the curtain!

Thanks, all!

kaytieeldr
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Nah, don't ignore The Man Behind the Curtain - in this case, he really DOES exist! :teeth:

rudetreehill
01-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for your help, everyone. I e-mailed Pete yesterday and he was very supporting and enthusiastic about the whole thing!

As always, you guys rock. And roll.

DisneyD
02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Line jumpers. Believe me, it happens. That's my biggest Pet Peeve.