PDA

View Full Version : wHICH RESTAURANT FIRST NIGHT

Family24
01-29-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi - Our trip is still a year away but I like to plan early. We have two kids who are 11(boy) and 7(girl). We are staying at the Polynesian which we stayed two years ago. We have also stayed at the Wilderness Lodge about 4 years ago. Usually, we start our vacation at Chef Mickeys for dinner and am thinking of doing something different. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

CanadianImagineer
01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
It's never too early to plan:thumbsup2 Anyways, for our upcoming trip we're making a b-line to MK and heading to Crystal Palace for dinner. We've never been before so definitely looking forward to it!

laughinplace199
01-29-2009, 12:05 PM
We like to go to Spoodles the first night and the roam around the BW area after dinner. Last year, there was an entertainer right outside of Spoodles when we were leaving. We stopped to watch and DD got picked to be his "assistant". It was a great, relaxing way to start our vacation.

Leleluvsdis
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
The biggest factor would be if you want to go into a park or not?

mooneyda
01-29-2009, 12:09 PM
We have been spending last couple trips on the boardwalk.Since we do not get park passes the first night and are on dining plan we usually go to Spoodles

ariel2007
01-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Since your staying at the Poly how about Ohana. We love it there and it will be really easy for you to get too. They do games and things with the kids and great cocktails, and it will be easy for you to watch Wishes, either from the restaurant or from the beach after.

marmar
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
If you have park tickets.........we always get ADR for Illuminations at the Rose & Crown. Nice way to start the vacation

JodyLynC
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
We do Ohana first night and Boma last night.

tiggerx3
01-29-2009, 07:17 PM
MK is always our first park, so we have our first meal at the Crystal Palace. I love seeing the characters and being able to eat right when we sit down.

tarheelmjfan
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Since your staying at the Poly how about Ohana.

This or Kona would be my suggestion. We like to eat at our resort on travel day, in case we're too tired to do a lot.

colinsdad
01-29-2009, 07:43 PM
If you're not going into a park, I'd do a dinner show since they take more time than a typical dinner and could fill up your first night.

We personally love the Hoop De Doo Review but maybe the Luau at the Poly would be good since you're staying there.

And like another poster said. It's never too early to start planning!:thumbsup2

Family24
01-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions - I probably should have told you which restaurants I already know we will be going to do. Hoop -dee-doo is a favorite every time, Crystal Palace breakfast and Kona since we are staying at the Poly. We will be arriving at the Poly on Friday morning around 10:00 am so we will have the whole day to do a park or relax (with two kids? I don't think so but maybe)Anyway thanks for all your suggestions we have lots of time to decide.

jblrn2b
01-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Definitely Ohanas for dinner after an exhausting day of travel and then the Park. It's so fun and you could watch Wishes and go to your room and fall asleep.

Erin1700
01-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Take the monorail over to the Grand Floridian and go to 1900 Park Fare. We like to get dressed up and go there the first night and the food is good too.

Silver Queen
01-31-2009, 02:34 PM
the Grand Floridian Cafe is also very good. A trip to Boma might be fun too. AKL is a wonderful resort to visit.

summermac
01-31-2009, 02:35 PM
I think we're going to MK and Crystal Palace our first night too!

Family24
01-31-2009, 03:32 PM
yes - We have also eaten at Boma before and liked it just trying to find something maybe different. We will also be eating at the 1900 character dinner one night. We have never eaten at Ohana's so that could be a possible choice. Our kids will be 12 and 8 then is it geared more towards younger or older kids? Also, has anyone been to the Cape May character dinner? I would like to check out the Beach Club for this time as we might stay at this resort for a future trip as the kids are getting older and might spend more time at Epcot.

ROEDISNEY
01-31-2009, 03:39 PM
In the Ploy Kona Cafe or Ohanna
In the GF 1900 or Gf Cafe
In the CR The Wave
In the MK Tony's or LTT

patsfan101
01-31-2009, 03:54 PM
We always eat at our resort the first night - I second the vote for O'hana - it's reallly fun and the food (especially turkey tips) is really good.

mom2meiko
01-31-2009, 04:08 PM
i would probably hop on the monorail to GF and do 1900 PF. A visit with Cindy and crew is a great way to start your vacation. :)

Family24
01-31-2009, 04:31 PM
I also have a 11 year old son so we probably will not do the GF first night.

photomama
01-31-2009, 04:38 PM
we're doing Ohana and are staying at the Polynesian.:beach:

JerseyJanice
01-31-2009, 04:43 PM
yes - We have also eaten at Boma before and liked it just trying to find something maybe different. We will also be eating at the 1900 character dinner one night. We have never eaten at Ohana's so that could be a possible choice. Our kids will be 12 and 8 then is it geared more towards younger or older kids? Also, has anyone been to the Cape May character dinner? I would like to check out the Beach Club for this time as we might stay at this resort for a future trip as the kids are getting older and might spend more time at Epcot.

Ohana's is great place for any age. The food is very tasty there, and the dessert is one of the most splendid creations I've ever had. As a PP said, you can watch Wishes from the restaurant or the beach.

Cape May Cafe isn't a character dinner. It's a buffet featuring steamed seafood. We like it a lot, but then again, we enjoy most of the WDW buffets. It's close to the Boardwalk area and Epcot. I've been thinking about having dinner there our first night next trip and then walking through the International Gateway to see Illuminations.

Fyi, Cape May's character meal is at breakfast only. Haven't been to that--tried to last time, but we didn't make it there in time. We did have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and loved it. :)

Hope your trip is magical. :wizard: