PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a WS meal

dismagiclover
01-29-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm so excited about staying at the Beach Club this June because we can just walk over to Epcot for dinner:cool1: My kids want Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Tutto Italia. I need one more dinner and I want to go somewhere that takes them a bit out of their comfort zone. You know where they might have to eat something other than pizza, macaroni & cheese, pasta or chicken nuggets. It almost sounds like child abuse:rotfl:
Thanks for your help.

KatMark
01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
I'm so excited about staying at the Beach Club this June because we can just walk over to Epcot for dinner:cool1: My kids want Coral Reef, Garden Grill and Tutto Italia. I need one more dinner and I want to go somewhere that takes them a bit out of their comfort zone. You know where they might have to eat something other than pizza, macaroni & cheese, pasta or chicken nuggets. It almost sounds like child abuse:rotfl:
Thanks for your help.

Although LeCellier from your list is our favorite, I chose Biergarten for your "child abuse". :goodvibes

ROEDISNEY
01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
Teppebn Edo Good Food & Good Fun :thumbsup2

Todd&Copper
01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Do Biergarten or Teppan Edo (if you do not have a Japanese steak house/hibachi place near you at home). Both would be fun for kids.

Minnie824
01-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Definitely chefs de france. We loved it! and the kids did well there too. Also, I would say no to marrakesh. it was quite some time ago, but that was our worst meal.

liznboys
01-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey Jenny! I haven't been to enough of those to make a fair vote. We don't eat enough table service! I can't wait to hear what you decide! Yum.

Todd&Copper
01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Definitely chefs de france. We loved it! and the kids did well there too. Also, I would say no to marrakesh. it was quite some time ago, but that was our worst meal.

That's funny - Chefs was our *worst* TS meal. The only good part was the appetizers - the onion soup and the escargot. The main dishes - the braised shortribs and the duck - we both bland, and a little cold, and the service was VERY VERY slow.

dismagiclover
01-29-2009, 02:26 PM
bump. Still hoping for some more opinions.

MHSweb79
01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
My very picky eater LOVED Teppan Edo. She also loved LeCellier but I voted Teppan Edo for the entertainment factor. It's a lot of fun and they'll probably remember it for years.

ms*mountaineer
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Do Biergarten. My kids (7 and 5) loved it. I told them to expect lots of different kinds of "sausages". I knew they like regular sausage and hot dogs. So they saw many different kinds on the buffet - and tried a couple of them. There was also roasted chicken and roast pork and roast beef. There was macaroni & cheese, some potato dishes, potato soup and wonderful pretzel bread. There was also more adventurous things like kraut and german salads I wasn't familiar with.

So there are regular things to eat (roast chicken) and more adventurous stuff. Plus - a good show with the band. It's a very festive place.

Disney Princess
01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Do Biergarten or Teppan Edo (if you do not have a Japanese steak house/hibachi place near you at home). Both would be fun for kids.

I agree - I could only vote for one, so I chose Teppan Edo (since it isn't buffet, it might be easier with kids). Both would have food that "expands" their horizons, yet something familiar-ish so it didn't stress them out. I also think the entertainment at each is great for kids and big kids alike. :thumbsup2

dismagiclover
01-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm leaning towards Teppan Edo. I have another month and a half before I can make ADRs so I'll probably change again before then:rotfl: