PDA

View Full Version : Can we use other resorts food courts?

cheerful chickadee
01-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Not sure if this is a major faux pas like pool hopping (I would never!) but I was just wondering if we could use the food court of a resort we are not staying at? Obviously we wouldn't use our mugs at other food courts, we know that is a no no.

We're staying at CSR but I've seen some food pics and menus from other food courts that make me want to try them out, like yummy beignets at POFQ! Is this even possible? How do we get past the resort security booth, just tell them we are there to eat?

Princess Yvey
01-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Up until recently, I used to stay in my box (the resort i booked in). However, last vacation i was there (my birthday week in dec), I stayed in the Polynesian resort, and later on in the week, went again and stayed in the All-Star Movies Resort. I loved the food at Polynesian, so when I went back on the second trip, I decided to go back to Poly.

Telling the guard that you're there for a meal should do it. I don't see/ haven't seen them deny entrance to anyone!

I highly recommend going to other places... I'm going again this weekend, and although I am not staying at the Poly, I made reservations to go back and eat there.... now i'm a life customer of the Poly resort..... and i'm sure Disney doesn't mind that!

Halbleib1
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Unlike pool hopping where you are not paying to stay at the resort and therefore not paying for that amenity the food courts are open to anyone willing to pay. Its not any different than eating at different table service restaurants that are not at your own resort.

Alltiggeredout
01-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Its not a problem,if anything its encouraged so that you can experience the food in different hotels.

gooftroop22
01-29-2009, 06:18 AM
I was wondering the same thing because I would love to go over to Kona and try the Tonga Toast for breakfast one morning....it just looks and sounds too good to pass up!

ROEDISNEY
01-29-2009, 06:24 AM
We try different places all the time.

KatMark
01-29-2009, 08:06 AM
We've done this numerous times. We have found many counter services we like at other resorts (WL, AKL, POR-Riverside) and ones we didn't (CBR, CR). It is also a good time to stroll around the other resorts to see what they look like and this would be good for a person who wants to try another resort (we choose to stick with our resort as far as staying, but like walking around the others).

cheerful chickadee
01-29-2009, 01:28 PM
thanks for all the replies! It also gives me another reason to look around the other resorts for where we may stay in the future, I could spend whole days of my vacation just looking at the other resorts. I knew dining at the resorts sit down (table service) locations being OK, I just wasn't sure if the food courts were also ok. Beignets here we come!