PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Recommendations?

ac&emom
01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
We are leaving Friday for WDW and will have lunch in the MK Saturday and lunch at Epcot Sunday and AK Tuesday. What cs restaurants would you recommend? Thank you :)

3BoysRDisneyFreaks
01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
We are simple folks. We love Cosmic Ray's at MK and at Epcot we love the Brats in Germany. Then we hit the sweet shop right next door :thumbsup2

Last trip we did do Columbia Harbor House at MK and thought the fish was good.

Sarah

LadyZolt
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I love Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland. They have different counters serving different things (salads and wraps at one, chicken at another, burgers at a third) and the "fixin's" bar has mushrooms and lots of good stuff. "Sonny Eclipse" is an "alien" playing the piano and he's a hoot. Highly recommend this counter service locale.

However, if hot dogs are on your "to do" list, check out Casey's Corner on Main Street. It has truly memorable hot dogs and fries. Limited variety, but delicious all the same.

Those two get my votes! Have a wonderful time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

teach22180
01-28-2009, 09:55 PM
MK-We do like the CHH and the fish, too. The soup is a nice change of pace. If the taco place near POTC is open, that's a great place too.

Epcot-We love Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion and the Morocco CS place. There are so many good places to snack in the WS; you'll find something yummy!

AK-I used to like Tusker House, but now that it's TS, I think we're going to maybe have pizza or do the barbeque place. I can't tell you about them, though, because we've never eaten there...yet!

Have a fun trip! :)

KatMark
01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Cosmic Rays at the Magic Kingdom, Sunshine Seasons in the Land at Epcot and Flame Tree Barbecue at AK.

perla75
01-28-2009, 09:57 PM
We are simple folks. We love Cosmic Ray's at MK and at Epcot we love the Brats in Germany. Then we hit the sweet shop right next door :thumbsup2

Last trip we did do Columbia Harbor House at MK and thought the fish was good.

Sarah

For MK, I like Columbia Harbour House located in Liberty Square

For Epcot, I like Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion

For Animal Kingdom, we like Pizzafari.

ac&emom
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the recommendations everyone :)

maddhatir
01-28-2009, 10:06 PM
EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons
MK- Cosmic Rays

AK???- you are on your own:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Not the best place for CS (IMO) :guilty:

brendaziz
01-28-2009, 10:09 PM
MK- Pinochios village haus
Epcot- Honestly I don't think i've ever eaten a counter service meal here cuz there are SO many TS restaurants that are great. So sorry i can't contribute for a meal- BUT i do LOVE the schoolbread in norway- super yummy pastry dessert thingy- and it's huge. It's different than it used to be but i like it both ways.
AK- pizzafari is decent and i love their breadsticks!

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbecue & Pizzafari.

Downtown Disney Marketplace: Earl of Sandwich.

Grand Floridian: Gasparilla's Grill & Games.

Contemporary: Contempo Cafe.

aubriee
01-29-2009, 03:45 AM
MK: Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Rays

AK: Flame Tree BBQ

Epcot: tough one, lots of good choices there. Our favorites are Sunshine Season, Tangeriene Cafe, or the Norwegian Bakery

cndnchicky
01-29-2009, 07:28 AM
We like to go to Cosmic Rays. Lots of different choices for you to choose from and really yummy food. It does get really busy at lunch time though, so we try to hit it a bit early or a bit later on. :)

ROEDISNEY
01-29-2009, 07:35 AM
MK - CHH or Peco Bill's
Epcot- Elec. Umbrella oR Sunshine Season's

MickeyNicki
01-29-2009, 08:26 AM
MK - CHH
Epcot - Tangierine Cafe
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

We just ate at all three places last week, tons of pics and reviews in my Jan link

redrosesix
01-29-2009, 10:03 AM
MK - CHH
Epcot - Tangierine Cafe
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

We just ate at all three places last week, tons of pics and reviews in my Jan link

I would choose the same, not having had the chance to eat at Cosmic Ray's yet. We also like the Electric Umbrella in Epcot.

dezzydiz
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Last year when we went there was a canvas tent outside Columbia Harbor House in front of the entrance to the paddleboat and they had great stuffed baked potatoes, and I'd never seen this set up before.

vs1023
01-29-2009, 12:03 PM
MK - We did Cosmic Rays twice since we all eat different things and Pinocchio Village Haus.

AK - there's a counter service next to Yak and Yeti where I got Kung Pao beef that was really good and a nice portion too.

Didn't eat CS in Epcot.

bkhuntsman
01-29-2009, 12:09 PM
MK - Cosmic Rays or Pecos Bills, both have a great selection
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons is GREAT and I've always wanted to try both the Lotus Garden and Sommerfest
AK - Yak and Yeti has a counter service and Flame Tree BBQ is good too

TN Davy Crockett
01-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Magic Kingdom

Cosmic Rays is great for variety, plus you can put about anything you want on a burger or sandwich at the topping bar (like Fuddruckers if you've ever been to one)

Casey's has pretty good hot dogs and french fries, but I really go for the atmosphere when the piano man is playing. He'll take any requests!

I've not eaten there yet, but my parents rave about Pecos Bill's.

Epcot

In Future World, my wife says the Electric Umbrella is a lot like Cosmic Ray's in MK.

Gosh, so many good choices in the World Showcase!

Cantina de San Angel in Mexico is my favorite!

Lotus Blossom Cafe in China is good if you like fastfood Chinese.

Yakitori House in Japan is pretty good if you like Japanese food or want a little sushi without paying TS prices.

Hollywood Studios

Toy Story Pizza Planet is about the only CS worth eating unfortunately.

Animal Kingdom

Flame Tree BBQ is good. The ribs are great!

My parents really like Yak and Yeti's counter service. More fastfood Chinese.

My wife has eaten at Pizzafari several times and really likes it.