PDA

View Full Version : VR/Wedding: WITH YOUR CHILDREN questions

Tink&PirateMama
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi!
I'm working on my planning journal:) And one of the things I'd REALLY like to do is add magic into this for our children. This vow renewal will be just us, and our two kids- ages 5 and 6 next winter. They are a boy and girl, and really into all the fairy/pirate/knight stuff. I have already decided they can wear any costume they like (within reason!) instead of forcing them into something stuffy, because I just want us to be real, magical, and happy. My son wants to be a knight (to protect me from any dangerous creatures in the lagoon), and my daughter now is convinced she is a REAL wedding fairy, and will wear a bridal gown with wings:) She just got ready for bed with red footy pajamas and white tinkerbell wings:) Anyway, I'm rambling, I always do that with my kids as a topic- So, my questions-

1. Any ideas to make things extra special for the kids. I mean, I know they will love a dessert party, LOL! And my daughter is interested in the flower girl stuff. But I was thinking of maybe having disney bring something to their room that day- balloons or I have no idea what. And I even thought about a treasure hunt, something about fairies, or something about the knight thing... but I'm coming up blank so far. I was also thinking of doing our dinner that night at 1900 Park Faire just for fun with the princesses- I'm not sure if we can be in our wedding attire or not? I mean, I just know it's going to be a long day, so I need to help them deal with that and the photos, and I also want it to be really memorable and special for them as well as for us (and believe me, my dreams are coming true with all this- it's so amazing I can't even believe it!). So any ideas to add magic for the kids?

2. Getting ready with children. Ok, so I'm a bit worried about getting ready with the kids. I'm going to hire a babysitter to come so they don't have to be dragged along to the MK/Epcot photoshoots at such an hour. But still, we'll have a lot of primping to do that day. Especially me. Any one have any tips on that?

3. And this really leads me to the last question- I'm really concerned about hotel room. My husband booked GF rooms. Which is great, I've always wanted to stay there and this seems the perfect time for it- except I'm worried about the size of the rooms and getting ready with the kids there. Anyone done that with kids? I'm debating getting a villa (we just had a 2 bedroom at SSR and it was a dream to have so much space- actually time for romance AND family, which makes for a great vacation! and they are beautiful- except they are kinda far out from where we'll be doing everything, and my kids have stayed at Poly before, and just loved being close to the castle, and I think for a vow renewal, it would be really nice for that)... anyway, so if I got a villa for the wedding day (so the day before and after) and then switching just for convenience of getting ready is another option. I just hate to decide that only based on worrying about doing my hair and makeup, if it's really not that much trouble. So if anyone has done this with young children, I'd appreciate feedback on hotel location as well!

Thank you!!

dallastxcpa
01-28-2009, 10:34 PM
As far as accomodations go. Did you know that they are opening up villas at the Contemporary resort this fall. You may be able to book a two bedroom villa for your VR. That way you will be close to the MK and still have your space for getting ready and etc. I have to say that we love the privacy that you can have with the 2 bedrooms.

Tink&PirateMama
01-29-2009, 07:17 PM
As far as accomodations go. Did you know that they are opening up villas at the Contemporary resort this fall. You may be able to book a two bedroom villa for your VR. That way you will be close to the MK and still have your space for getting ready and etc. I have to say that we love the privacy that you can have with the 2 bedrooms.

Thanks:) This is a good idea... except my DH is not a contemporary fan, he hates the decor... so that will be out. I totally agree, I love the privacy. I was actually thinking maybe we should try Beach Club- I mean, it's nowhere close to MK, but it would be really fun for the kids with that pool, and close for the dessert party in the evening atleast... But I still am in love with the GF. Sigh...