PDA

View Full Version : Debating the Dining Plan

eeyore913
01-28-2009, 05:02 PM
My Dbf and I did the dining plan May 08 and really liked it. This May we are going renting DVC points and can add the dining plan on and pay for it when we arrive I think it is either 34.99 or 39.99 per night per person, I am checking back into that currently(maybe someone knows?) Anyways we are trying to decide if it would be worth it.

We would have 8 table services between the 2 of us, 8 QS and 8 snacks and it would work out like this...

Jiko-4 TS
The Wave-2TS
Boma's(breakfast)-2TS
Then we would do Beaches & Cream out of pocket

For QS's we plan to usually split them so we could leave like 3 for Epcot's day in which we want to try and eat things from each country for lunch and dinner so we'd use like 3 QS and 2 snacks and maybe pay some out of pocket but I doubt we'd need to because we would be so full. Also we could save 1 QS for our final day there for lunch at a park.
I just don't know if it would save us money because we have to still leave tips and pay some out of pocket....just wondering if any of you had any thoughts. If it even makes sense haha! Thanks!

koolaidmoms
01-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Right now the meal plan is $39.99.

The way I figured out if it was worth it or not for us was to figure out how much we would spend at each restaurant without the plans (including tips, etc...) then compare that to what we would pay for the plan plus figuring in an average of 20% per rest. for tips for each place. For us it worked out better but I know that it doesn't always.

We were just going to do 3 TS meals and do the CS plan but we figured out for the difference between the 3 TS meals and the plan we were only spending $35 more to get the plan! For us it was worth it.

Hope this helps some. :)

mdelano4
01-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I find the DDP works if you plan on eating all or most of the food you get on the plan. As long as you avoid using TS for breakfast buffets and normally order dessert with dinner and lunch, it's worth it.

We find it's a ton of food overall.

colinsdad
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
This May we are going renting DVC points and can add the dining plan on and pay for it when we arrive

Just an FYI

We stayed at DVC (Boardwalk Villas) in September and added the DDP to our trip. On the phone, when I was told I could add it, I wasn't yet sure so I asked if I had to do it during the call. The DVC rep told us no, but we had to add the DDP BEFORE we arrived. Just make sure you verify this with DVC Member Services to avoid any miscommunication or disappointment.

HomerHog
01-28-2009, 07:44 PM
You do have to add it BEFORE arrival with DVC. You will pay for it at check-in.

eeyore913
01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks to everyone...Yea I know we have to add it before we are planning to decide soon. Thanks to the first poster we will have to sit down and figure out money soon. One question...at Beaches and Cream do the sandwiches come with fries or are they also extra? Trying to figure out of we should use a TS for B&C or for Boma's for breakfast(i know its only 16.99 but it where we are staying and it is suppose to be really good)? Anyways thanks to everyone!

ROEDISNEY
01-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Love the Dinning Plan it works for us :thumbsup2

Tricia1972
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
Jiko-4 TS
Fillet - $39.99
Dessert - $8.00
Drink - $3.00
Tax - 3.31
$54.30 = $27.15 per credit

The Wave-2TS
Beef Tenderloin - $28.99
Dessert - $7.99
Drink - $3.00
Tax - $2.60
$42.58 = $42.58 per credit

Boma's(breakfast)-2TS
$18.99
$1.23 Tax
$20.22 = $20.22 per credit

Total Spent on TS = $117.11

Total DDP Cost = $159.96

Difference - $42.85

I think it's a good plan for you, you have 4 CS meals each that need to be $10 and 4 snacks which will be about $12 value.