PDA

View Full Version : I have a new ticker!

arieljasmine
01-27-2009, 11:36 AM
I have a new ticker! We have just booked our flights in the Virgin Atlantic sale for Eric's first trip to WDW! I am so excited! And we are going for our longest time ever - just over three weeks!

Any tips for travelling (and doing Orlando) with a one year old much appreciated - Eric has his first birthday two days before we go.

Laur's xx

mandymouse
01-27-2009, 11:43 AM
:cheer2: How exciting Laur's. Have fun planning your trip :)

wilma-bride
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Laur's, I'm really excited for you - and, I have to admit, just a tad disappointed. I really thought we might finally get a chance to meet up if you were going in October. I take it you will be coming back before we arrive on the 19th?

Sorry, no tips for travelling with a 1-year old except to say only take as much baby stuff (nappies etc) with you as you need for the journey and emergencies and buy the rest out there - you have probably found that babies and their associated paraphernalia take up so much room :rotfl:

wickesy
01-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Great news Laur's! :cheer2: Have a fantastic time out there and enjoy the planning in the meantime. :thumbsup2

Tink2312
01-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Great news Laur's :jumping1: Happy planning!! :cheer2:

Pinky166
01-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Great news....happy planning! :cheer2:

wideeyes
01-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Thats great news Laurs, enjoy planning your trip.

florida sun
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Great news Laurs- Happy Planning:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

wils
01-27-2009, 12:33 PM
How exciting!

Just a few thoughts

- use the 'baby swap' or rides you both want to do but Eric doesn't!
- if you take plenty of nappies it's more free room in the case coming back for your shopping!
- Take plenty of memory cards for your camera.
-just take your time! You have a wonderfully long trip planned so just go with the flow. I knows ours are older but we still prioritise what we want to do most at the parks and everything else is a bonus.
-don't be surprised if he is happiest in the pool or running round the hotel/villa (he might well be mobile by then!) You know kids - the wrapping paper is sometimes more exciting than the gift inside!
-consider getting a photopass so that you can gets lots of family photos (I seem to have only about 2 from Molly's first trip of her and I as I'm the photographer)
-Is he having his own seat? If so order a baby seat from Virgin it just clips onto the ordinary seat.
- Don't be surprised even after a character all you can eat buffet mid- morning if he still looks for lunch!

You will have such a magical trip! have fun planning :)

saratogagirl
01-27-2009, 01:02 PM
what brilliant news, how exciting for the three of you, would love to see some piccies of Eric xx

natalielongstaff
01-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Great ticker Laur's

i echo what Joh said x

Snowy-girls
01-27-2009, 01:17 PM
:cheer2: Fantastic news Laur's+happy planning :cheer2: .x.

DisneyJo
01-27-2009, 02:04 PM
That's great Laur's and Jo (Wils) has given you some great advice :thumbsup2

The Fetherstons
01-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Excellent HAPPY PLANNING:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

arieljasmine
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. We are actually going for just over three weeks - we are thinking of a week on property, two weeks in a villa and three nights at the end at the Hard Rock. That being said, we don't leave until 22 October, so Joh, hopefully we can arrange to meet! I would love that as we always seem to just miss the meets.

Thanks for your tips so far, keep them coming. I have certainly realised how much paraphenelia babies have!

Here are a couple of piccies of my tiny man:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/andlaur23/Eric101.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f168/andlaur23/DSCF0597.jpg

Laur's xx

disneyhockeymad
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
that's fantastic Laur's! Eric is adorable!! :)
I'm sure you'll love it!!!

Netty
01-27-2009, 05:01 PM
laurs he is sooooo gorgeous !!
congrats on your new ticker!!!!:cheer2: :thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Ware Bears
01-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Congratulations on your new ticker!! :thumbsup2

Eric is looking so cute. :goodvibes

Minniespal
01-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Excellent news Laur's:thumbsup2

Eric is looking so cute.

We might manage a Dis meet, we are there from the 15th:cool1:

Strommie
01-28-2009, 03:06 AM
Eric is gorgeous Laur's :) Brilliant news about your holiday, lots of planning to do for your first family trip to the World :thumbsup2

jjk
01-28-2009, 03:17 AM
Fantasic news laur's:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

wideeyes
01-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Eric is a cutie:)

Me and my DD are there from the 10th - 28th October, I think there is quite a few people going to be there then.

tennisfan
01-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Great news Laur's. Eric is a sweetie:goodvibes

arieljasmine
01-28-2009, 04:10 AM
That's great news that so many of us are going to be there at the same time :cool1: I would love to meet up and show off Eric :hyper: Thank you for your kind comments about his photos - I think he is super cute, but I am very biased!

Laur's xx

Snowy-girls
01-28-2009, 04:29 AM
Laur's,Eric is getting on beautifuly-he is absolutley gorgeous.x.

jackieleanne
01-28-2009, 06:32 AM
He is absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on the ticker & happy planning. :cheer2:

aaronandterri
01-28-2009, 07:46 AM
hi
were also going to be travelling when Isabelle is just over one for our christmas trip, but im a bit old hat weve travelled with babies at that age often.
Dont get too hung up on packing everything a lot you can buy the same out there, they sell pampers too there!, i packed way to many clothes and my little man on his first trip is just in a vest in every photo!, if your staying in more than one place, which we often do its easier to pack with that in mind, so you dont have to pack or repack everything each time.

Bring capol and nurofen from home and those little pouches on the plane, incase they get incomfortable taking off (actually i just give mine some nurofen b4 take off anyway just in case)
and karvol is good for that as well opens up the airways just put it in a cup on a bit of cottonwool and ask or a tiny bit of boiling water and let them inhale the steam, works a treat.

Squash, i always pack that its so hard to get out there and my lot live on it.

If you still sterlise at that point the travel bags from boots are great.
It often works out cheaper to buy a car seat than to rent one and then you take it back, nearly all my family members have car seats dontaed from our travels, and i find american one so much better they have the double straps, a clip across the chest and then the 5 point harness, often the hire cars have the boosters that drop down from the seats that will do just for one trip till you can get to buy one .
when i think of more or if you have any questions please ask.

Also i have some lovely custom made boys stuff and disney theme sets in age 12- 18 from alexs trip if yor intrested there yours

terri xx

when i think of more ill let you know.

wilma-bride
01-28-2009, 10:11 AM
That's great news Laurs and we will definitely arrange to meet up. Eric is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to meet him (and you and Andy too, of course ;))

ETA: Florence, it would be great to meet you as well if you're athere at the same time :)

wideeyes
01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Is there going to be an official Dis meet arranged? I remember that Nat arranged one in 07 which I couldn't make as we were flying home so hope to make one in October if there is one.:)

mark&sue
01-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to your trip report already as I especially enjoy yours, Laurs

susan

BRobson
01-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Congratulations on the ticker :goodvibes

arieljasmine
01-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Also i have some lovely custom made boys stuff and disney theme sets in age 12- 18 from alexs trip if yor intrested there yours

terri xx

when i think of more ill let you know.

Hi Terri

Thanks for all the great tips. That is so kind, I would love them, thank you so much.

Laur's xx

PS I would love if anyone could let me know which rides Eric will definitely be allowed on!

aaronandterri
01-29-2009, 10:50 AM
cool ill send you a pm about the clothes

Ours pretty much went on everything that the others went on bar the rollercoasters etc , jack at that age loved potc!, the cinemagic and shows etc are all ok for them , and rides like peterpan and the elephants are all good too for them as well as casey jnr and boat rides, they all love small world too, just hang on to him near the water....lol.

lol for obovious reasons avoided things that span too much like tea cups! alex loved buzz lightyear at that age as well.

i think soarin in a no go *** of the height limit.

arieljasmine
01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
cool ill send you a pm about the clothes

Ours pretty much went on everything that the others went on bar the rollercoasters etc , jack at that age loved potc!, the cinemagic and shows etc are all ok for them , and rides like peterpan and the elephants are all good too for them as well as casey jnr and boat rides, they all love small world too, just hang on to him near the water....lol.

lol for obovious reasons avoided things that span too much like tea cups! alex loved buzz lightyear at that age as well.

i think soarin in a no go *** of the height limit.

Thanks so much, Terri, that's a great help. I was hoping Eric would be OK with POTC as that is one of my favourites. Luckily, I am not a coaster fan and love all the kiddie rides so we should be fine!

Laur's xx