PDA

View Full Version : What Can A 13 Year Old Do

ivrysbaby
05-21-2002, 12:05 PM
CAN I PLEASE GET ALITTLE INSIGHT FROM YOU TEENAGERS PLEASE
MY DAUGHTER WHO IS 13 WILL BE IN WDW IN JULY FOR 8 DAYS. SINCE SHE IS 4 YEARS OLDER THAN HER BROTHER AND 3 YEARS OLDER THAN HER COUSIN, WE WANT TO TAKE HER OUT SOMEWHERE IN WDW WHERE SHE CAN ENJOY HERSELF WITH OUT THE LITTLE ONES. HER FATHER AND I READ SOMETHING ABOUT A LITTLE PRE TEEN CLUB FOR AGES 13-18 BUT WE ARE NOT SURE IF THE INFO WAS CORRECT. IF THERE IS A PLACE LIKE THAT WITHIN WDW WHERE SHE CAN SPREAD HER WINGS WITH MOMMY AND DADDY IN TOW OF COURSE BUT GIVING HER A ITTY BITTY SPACE:p AND OF COURSE WITH OUT THE LITTLE ONES BUGGING HER FOR WHILE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP:D AND BELIEVE ME SO WILL SHE:D :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

bubblemutant45
05-21-2002, 02:57 PM
sorry.....i have no idea!
all i can think of is disney quest - you could just let her walk around by herself and she could probably meet other kids her age there hangin out next to the video games and everything.

Flower4Pwr
05-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it sounds like your thinking of the Disney cruise. I think the best thing for her to do is to go to the downtown Disney area. They have shopping and Disney quest there. I don't think Disney World has to much in the meet and greet section but you might want to try posting on all the boards when you'll be there and mention you are looking for a buddy for your daughter. Quite a few people have done that in the past and it always seems to do pretty well.

You might wanna check out
This Thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=205622). This woman has a daughter of the same age and is having a similar problem!

dancergirl
05-21-2002, 03:22 PM
I cant think of many places either. Maybe the Boardwalk or Down Town Disney. The West side would have more people her age probably. I am sure she will have a great time no matter what!! :jester:

ivrysbaby
05-21-2002, 03:33 PM
We definitely will do that I know she will enjoy having some time away from the little cousin and brother and believe me she wish she could do it alone but of course mommy and daddy say NOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYY BABYYYYY;) She is still our little girl no matter how old she is :jester: Thanks again we will definitely take her alone to disney quest and around after the little ones are zonked out for the night with my mom:) :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Thanks again by the way can u tell me how to go by getting a ticker timer I think they are soo neat:D

lilaegrl88
05-21-2002, 04:55 PM
I'm 13 and to be honest in my last trip in april, i was down there dancing with my dance studio. My sister who is also a dancer and my brother can with us. But on our previous trip this past November,we has 7 kids and i was the oldest and we all got along. But i suggest maybe one parent take the 13 year old on some of the cooler rides. I know that little kids are sumtimes really annoying but ur indisney and theres a ride for everbnbody, and i think u would be able to compromise something,so that he/she will not have to stick around with the younger ones

lilaegrl88
05-21-2002, 04:58 PM
i thought everywhere inthe magic kingdom was cool to. and Mgm if u get a park hopper u could take ur daughter to mgm to go on tower of terroe and rockin roller coaster. and then meet back with the family in another park. The park hopper makes everything easier. But since u are staying 4 8 days i'm sure u have the park hoppers.

jue
05-25-2002, 03:32 PM
:) Im 13 and theres the same age difference between me and my brother as there is between your children. When you go to wdw you will straight away find that it is deffinatly a family place. Your dd will probably like the same kind of stuff as her siblings will do. If all of them love rides then the younger kids will probably be big enough to go on most of them so they could all ride together (my younger bro then seven was big enough for most rides).

Hope this helps,

Nicky
Jue's dd

Princess Ash
05-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Hmmm... I say MGM is the best park for teens! Let her ride the thrill rides while you and the little ones see a show! That way everyone will be entertained!!! Choose a meeting spot, and catch up w/ each other at a certain time! If you're not too keen about letting her have free roam of the park, then choose shows that are nearby. (ie- Beauty and the Beast, while she ride Rock n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror!) Take the kiddies to Playhouse Disney Live or the Little Mermaid while she does Who Wants to Be a Millionaire or Star Tours! Hope this helps!! :)