PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIII

SimonV
01-25-2009, 01:20 PM
For those who don't know some of my 'other' work (away from the Brit's Guide and various travel writing) I also cover American sports for various UK media on a part-time basis (notably a weekly View From America column for SkySports.com), and this week sees the annual Super Bowl event in Tampa, which is now the biggest annual sporting occasion by a distance.

For those interested in reading more about it, and getting a bit of insight into the huge media frenzy which occurs around it, I will attempt to update my US Sports Blog (http://simonssportsmania.blogspot.com/) on a daily basis to provide a (hopefully!) amusing sideline to all the proper sporting comment. Feel free to drop in and leave any comments and I'll report back when I can :)

natalielongstaff
01-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Crikey Simon you have a great life :rotfl2:

disney13
01-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks Simon. Enjoyed reading todays blog entry. Hope you get the pin!!

Look forward to reading more,
Andy

Minniespal
01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Crikey Simon you have a great life :rotfl2:

I was just thinking the same thing:cool1:

Boss Hogg
01-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Needles to say Simon I am keeping my eyes on this - BTW shame about Philli. Got to fancy AZ for the win, their game against Philli was virtually a perfect performance.

I'll try and pop by, but, drink may stop me making much sense!

Joanne UK
01-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Don't know anything about the match but The Boss is singing at half time I believe?

Cochise
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I will miss my 1st Superbowl since 1982 this time as I am starting a college final Plumbing assessment week from the 2nd Feb. gutted.

tennisfan
01-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Needles to say Simon I am keeping my eyes on this - BTW shame about Philli. Got to fancy AZ for the win, their game against Philli was virtually a perfect performance.

I'll try and pop by, but, drink may stop me making much sense!

Thats who I reckon is going to win:thumbsup2

Great life you lead Simon:goodvibes

SimonV
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback, folks, it is definitely appreciated :thumbsup2 Day 1 is now posted.

Yes, it is quite a fun existence (at least at the moment - next week I will have to catch up on all the work I don't do this week while I am 'working' in tampa! :sad2: ).

We are ready for the big Media Day tomorrow (Tues) and I will be interested to see how Arizona hold up to the intense spotlight as the less experienced team. Lots of questions to be answered before I am happy making any solid prediction but I do have a feeling for the Cardinals, both as the underdogs and a team that has burst into form at JUST the right time.

Yes, it was a shame about Philly, but the Cards deserve to be here, pure and simple.

More soon......!!

tennisfan
01-27-2009, 03:33 AM
Great start, good luck tomorrow:thumbsup2

Clare D
01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't have a clue about American football. DH tried to explain it all to me once as he was a big fan when he was in the army.

All I could do was argue with him that it wasn't football but just the American's take on rugby!

Great work though Simon your article is excellent. I hear the tickets are going for huge sums of money.