PDA

View Full Version : Garmin - driving at Disney

jesiscooldad
01-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I got a Garmin for Christmas and naturally would like to use it on our next trip. I do not know much about it yet. Can anyone help me with some suggestions on how get the best information while driving around Disney?

Please remember I am a newbie to the world of Garmin...:moped:

Disney MAINEiac
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I got a Garmin for Christmas and naturally would like to use it on our next trip. I do not know much about it yet. Can anyone help me with some suggestions on how get the best information while driving around Disney?

Please remember I am a newbie to the world of Garmin...:moped:

I don't have a garmin, but my tomtom has a selection for point of interest POI in a given area. this should give a list of attractions presumably. it also has rstaurants list. just select the POI you wish to go to and it should figure a route from you present location to that selected POI.

assuming garmin is similar to tomtom.

FlyingBelle
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
We used a GPS for our last trip to Disney - it was the first time I stayed offsite in quite awhile - so it was VERY helpful! I'm so used to taking the Disney transportation that I have no sense of direction whatsoever!

lovetoscrap
01-25-2009, 11:36 AM
I have one also. Go to www.mousesavers.com and there is a section there where you can download tons of stuff for Disney, Orlando, and other area attractions.

Found the direct link:

http://www.mousesavers.com/gps.html

UrsulasShadow
01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I programmed in the addresses of the place I was staying, all restaurants I might want to try, and all the different resorts and parks. That way, I just went to Favorites and hit one button. Made it so much easier that way.