PDA

View Full Version : PAYIN IT FORWARD PART ii - Jan 2009

goofydad621
01-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Okay here is the deal. A couple of nice DIS'ers made my DD6 day witha postcard from a character in December, saying can't wait to see you when you come to visit. We would like to pay it forward.

The first 3 people that send me a pm we will send their child a post card from their favorite character.

Please send name of child, address and any special message and a couple of different characters in case we can't find first choice.

Hope this helps build a childs belief in PIXIE DUST magic

Dave

wings91
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
The move of the Pay it Forward sticky to the community subforum is going to kill this wonderful idea.

Since the move nearly a week ago, this is the second post in a thread that usually gets a dozen a day. With the sticky no longer on the top of the board, those that don't know about it have no reason to look for it.

herbanretreat
01-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I haven't gotten any bites on my previous post ( I got two) and I'm thinig that could be due to the move. There is a Fairy Godmailer sticky on the Families board, it seems to be the same general idea, maybe we could get them merged? Just a thought

LuvCuteBoys
01-23-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm really sad nobody has requested a card.... :(

LuvCuteBoys
01-23-2009, 07:06 PM
I haven't gotten any bites on my previous post ( I got two) and I'm thinig that could be due to the move. There is a Fairy Godmailer sticky on the Families board, it seems to be the same general idea, maybe we could get them merged? Just a thought

Checked out that thread... maybe I found someone!! Thank you for the heads up!

hollydolly08
01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I haven't gotten any bites on my offer either! I would really love to pay it forward! We will be heading down Feb. 11- 18th!! Let me know anyone!! I'll be happy to send out 5 cards.

ETA: My list is full! Thanks for the intrest I'll be sending my cards out soon! 15 days to go - Woot!

CanadianGuy
01-24-2009, 07:09 AM
The previous sticky was 'past board limits so here's the new one.

Old one can be found here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=717799

wings91
01-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Could it again be a sticky on top of the Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies board?

The problem I see is that this is such a cool idea to share with everyone, and too few people go to the community sub board for it to get noticed.

Thanks for your consideration.
DAVE

The previous sticky was 'past board limits so here's the new one.

Old one can be found here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=717799

ShelleyLynn
02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
I have been reading this thread and it is hard to tell who might be available to send a card. Here is our situation, we are going to the World March 14-21 for spring break. I hope someone out there is willing to send cards to my DD7 and DD5. PM me or respond and I will get you mailing info. Thanks so much to anyone who might help

ryanshana
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
I want to surprise my gf's DD w/ a card I'll be needing a card in sept too for my DSs and I'll be able to pay it forward then but when should a request a card for a trip in May?

goofydad621
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Hey Mods

Anyway to get this back on top? When Is tarted this thread I had know Idea that it would live this long
BUT it does seem to help the Disney Magic effect, would hate to see that lost by moving it where it is not seem by the masses know what I mean?

Thanks Dave Goofydad Dionne

disneydreamer1970
02-21-2009, 08:36 AM
I would love to have postcards sent to my DD and DS! We will be at WDW from June 8th - 16th. If you can help me, please PM me!! I would be happy to send some in return!!

Thank you....Trish

BuzzPrincessMom
02-25-2009, 12:03 PM
My DS's best friend is going to WDW the end of March for the first time to celebrate his 8th Birthday.

Pooh is his favorite, would anyone be willing to send him a card saying Pooh can't wait to see you at WDW?

Please PM me and the parents will definately pay forward!

Thanks

NaplesRI
03-13-2009, 12:50 PM
just so you all know...there is another thread- on the Dis for Families section- called Fairy Godmailer that has tons of posts and folks willing to send postcards

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=842646&page=185

Disney Mama
03-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I will be in WDW 4/21 - 26th. I would be happy tosend out 5 postcards this trip. PM me with names, address & favorite character. Hope I can spread a little magic this trip! Have done this everytime I visit & it is one of the best parts of my trips.:flower3:

1stTimeDisneyer
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I will be in the World May 10-16th. I am willing to send out a few post cards to both adults and children. This is the 3rd time we will be taking part in the pay it forward. If you are interested please let me know. I will need Name, Address, Fav. Char. or Idea for Card, and any special saying you may want.

ValinWV
03-27-2009, 04:51 PM
We will be going in June. I would love to have a postcard for the 3 DD and DS. I you could help me out please pm me. Thanks. I would be glad to do the same for anyone going later this year.

daisy2jae
04-25-2009, 10:44 AM
thanks for paying it forward. I hope when we take our kids in 2011 I can take part in this.

indigoxtreme
05-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks to Armywife

Received the cards on Friday. The girls were so surprized. Jasmine came over on Friday to stay the weekend with Desiree, so they were together to get the cards. Jasmine was amazed that Princess Jasmine sent her a card. You could see in her face, how did this happen? She is getting so excited(her first trip) and Desi is too. Thanks again for taking some of your precious time with hubby to make their weekend. I hope you and your hubby had a great time. :goodvibes

Susiesnowflake
05-04-2009, 04:30 PM
1stTime Disneyer, I've sent you a PM. Would love if you and any other disboard friend going soon could send my dau a Happy College Graduation postcard! :)

chloelovesdisney
05-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Wow, I just spent almost an hour looking for this thread, lol. :rotfl2: I couldn't understand where it went, and was sure it had to still be around. :confused3 I don't remember it being hard to find, I don't know if I'll be able to find it again. I'm going to check out the thread on the families board that I read about here. We're going in August, so it's probably early to post to get requests to send some cards. We just finally decided to go for sure, and I'm just excited and making all the plans. :banana:

Rio_san7
05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Sorry for being dumb, I am a newbie and is not familiar with some of the terms here. What is DD6 exactly?

Is there a thread that explains the acronyms?

looks like everyone wants to surprise their beloved ones.

cjlvsccm
05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I will be in the World May 10-16th. I am willing to send out a few post cards to both adults and children. This is the 3rd time we will be taking part in the pay it forward. If you are interested please let me know. I will need Name, Address, Fav. Char. or Idea for Card, and any special saying you may want.

Hi Andrea,
Thanks for sending a card to my nephew. He got it Saturday and was so excited! He never gets mail anyway, but to get A POSTCARD FROM MICKEY, oh, WOW!!! :goodvibes And I hope you had a great trip.

To others heading to the World later this summer: We'll be there June 13-20, and I will be happy to send a few cards out while there. I think my DN will enjoy picking some out for kids, he got such a kick out of his. Just send me a PM, to let me know the details in bold above.

Happy planning! :wave2:

cjlvsccm
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry for being dumb, I am a newbie and is not familiar with some of the terms here. What is DD6 exactly?

Is there a thread that explains the acronyms?

looks like everyone wants to surprise their beloved ones.

Hi Rio,
No dumb questions here. DD6 usually means "Dear Daughter, Age 6". But some people number their children, where DS1, DS2, DS3 would mean "Dear Son #1, #2, #3". So context helps.

This is a thread with most all the abbreviations and acronyms:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743

Enjoy the DIS!

Clupaczyk
05-23-2009, 11:43 AM
To others heading to the World later this summer: We'll be there June 13-20, and I will be happy to send a few cards out while there. I think my DN will enjoy picking some out for kids, he got such a kick out of his. Just send me a PM, to let me know the details in bold above.

I just PM'd you my details....thank you so much for the offer!
Carrie

tracipierce
05-23-2009, 12:11 PM

Just sent you a pm also :thanks: :hug:

PookieB
05-23-2009, 01:33 PM
We're heading to WDW June 29th - July 3rd. I would love to share the magic by mailing out a few postcards. Let me know if they have a favorite character or if you would like something special said. :goodvibes

Beth

DebShauan
05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
We'll be in the World July 29th - August 1st. Send me a PM if you'd like a postcard sent to your child/loved one. :thumbsup2

MomsOf2boys
06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
We are going down for Thanksgiving through Dec 2. I would love to send anyone going in December a post card for their children. My children are much older now and I like that bit of magic in the making.

blueeyesrnc
06-14-2009, 10:40 AM
We're heading to WDW June 29th - July 3rd. I would love to share the magic by mailing out a few postcards. Let me know if they have a favorite character or if you would like something special said. :goodvibes

Beth

Thanks for doing this. You are wonderful.:flower3::flower3::flower3:
Sent you a pm.

dsnymom2003
06-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Good morning! Would someone send a postcard to my daughter? We are going down Nov 7-14 for her first trip. She is nine years old and her she loves the princesses. I can PM any info you may need. TYIA.

kellybean
06-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Good morning! Would someone send a postcard to my daughter? We are going down Nov 7-14 for her first trip. She is nine years old and her she loves the princesses. I can PM any info you may need. TYIA.

I don't have any children of my own to pass the magic along to, I will be going mid September and I would love to do this for you :) PM me your info and I will send one out while I'm there!

yolie912
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
I am going September 10...Can someone please do me the favor when they go in the summer....My daughters birthday is then....

THanks

w-family
06-30-2009, 07:46 AM
This is one of my favorite part of geting ready to go to Disney, we send cards every time! :cool1:

I am heading down 8/18 to 8/25 and I can 3 cards, PM me with you child's name, address and favorite character! :banana:

queenof3
07-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi! I would love it if someone could send 2 cards to my friend's sons. It will be their first visit. I am also willing to send 3 cards myself when I am down there-Aug. 12-20th. Please PM if you can send some or would like some.
Thanks!
Lisa

blueeyesrnc
07-11-2009, 02:07 PM
My daughter just recieved her card today. She was thrilled that all the princesses signed her card. She asked me, "Mom, did you arrange this?", and I said, "How could I? Look at the postmark." She saw the Orlando postmark and was amazed. She was so thrilled and felt so special.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

PookieB, you went above and beyond expectations. Such a nice touch to have signatures of all the princesses and the Orlando postmark. I thank you with all my heart.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

blueeyesrnc
07-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I will be in the World from 8/4-8/14, and would love to send cards out for 3 people. Please pm me with child's name, address, and favorite character. I am thrilled to be able to pay this one forward.:goodvibes

PookieB
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
My daughter just recieved her card today. She was thrilled that all the princesses signed her card. She asked me, "Mom, did you arrange this?", and I said, "How could I? Look at the postmark." She saw the Orlando postmark and was amazed. She was so thrilled and felt so special.:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

PookieB, you went above and beyond expectations. Such a nice touch to have signatures of all the princesses and the Orlando postmark. I thank you with all my heart.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

I'm so glad it made her happy! You are very welcome. I remembered some of the autographs from a few pics I've seen on the board. :goodvibes

todd222222
07-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Can someone send us park maps for the 4 parks? We will be down in Oct and can pay it back. I'll post again as I get closer in case no ones asks now.

Thanks!
Todd

dee47
07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Can someone send us park maps for the 4 parks? We will be down in Oct and can pay it back. I'll post again as I get closer in case no ones asks now.

Thanks!
Todd

Have you chaecked out mouse-map dot com? Downloads are free and it's a pretty cool guide, as well. The bound version is sold at the site and on Amazon.

If you want official maps (the kind you pick up at the parks), PM me and I'll send them in August when I'm there.

dee47
07-13-2009, 01:37 PM
I'll be at the World 8/17-29. I'll be happy to send postcards, it's become a tradition for me. PM me if you want postcards!

dee47
07-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Oh God, I killed this thread!

w-family
07-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh God, I killed this thread!

Nope not you, no one asked us to send any cards either and I offered a few weeks ago. I guess there just isn't much interest right now. Still my kids always loved it, so I will offer again next time, I love knowing I made some kid smile by getting a card!:cool1:

dee47
07-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Nope not you, no one asked us to send any cards either and I offered a few weeks ago. I guess there just isn't much interest right now. Still my kids always loved it, so I will offer again next time, I love knowing I made some kid smile by getting a card!:cool1:

I know exactly how you feel! Thanks for the encouragement :)

Sounds like you'll be in the World at the same time we will -- have a fantastic trip!

DisneyMom5
07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
We will be there Aug. 30-Sept. 8. Happy to send up to three cards. :wizard:
PM me with the info.

dfchelbay
08-28-2009, 12:11 PM
We'll be down late October for about three weeks. We can send some then for the late November/December little visitors. I'll even try to get a photo of the favored character holding/displaying/signing the lucky little one's card...I'll try. If I can't make that happened, well, there will still be a little postcard sent.

Just let me know. :thumbsup2

1971DBday
08-28-2009, 01:29 PM
How do I arrange one for DH(3)? She can't wait to see Cinderella!

Tynk13x
09-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Hi All. Is anyone going to be in the World in the next 2 weeks? A friend is taking her 2 year old on her first trip, and i want to surprise them with a postcard. Please PM me, and I can get you the info. Thank You so much in advance.

BirdLegsRed
09-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone! We are going October 15, if anyone is down there before then I would love it if you could send 2 postcards, one to my DD7 and one to DS's girlfriend (this is her first trip and she is so excited!).

disneynp
09-19-2009, 06:36 PM
i tried to pm a couple of people and i dont know if it went through so ia m posting this. we are arriving nov 6-12. I am hoping we can get something with mickey saying that he is waiting on us.:cheer2:

MomsOf2boys
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
We will be there from November 26th-December 1st. Is anyone going in December who wants a postcard for their children?

dsnymom2003
09-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Good morning, all! My DD just received her card today and she was so excited! Thanks Kellybean! You rock!! I would like to send a few cards while we are in WDW Nov. 7-14th. The first three people to PM with their child's favorite characters will receive card from us while we are there. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

turftoega
10-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Anyone there now? My sister is taking her family for the first time in a week or two. Both nieces would love a postcard (and I can get her to pay it forward while she's down there for both of my girls).

As an aside, it took a couple of days of searching to find this thread. :mad:

stetz69
11-10-2009, 07:14 PM
We will be at the World from 12/24 until 1/2 ... if anyone is going at the beginning of January, we would be happy to send some cards your way! :thumbsup2

jjod96
12-13-2009, 09:13 PM
We are going Jan 22nd to the 30th and would be ahppy to send some cards...just PM me the info.

Stetz69...I just sent you our info if you are still able to sned out some cards!! thanks!!!

w-family
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
We are heading down 1/9 to 1/16 anyone wanting me to send a card PM me, with your child's name, address, age, favorite charachter and anything special you want me to include.

We have done this several times, thought at our last trip no one took us up on our offer :confused3

I know how much our kids love getting them. :cool1:

DunksWife
01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
We are heading down 1/9 to 1/16 anyone wanting me to send a card PM me, with your child's name, address, age, favorite charachter and anything special you want me to include.

We have done this several times, thought at our last trip no one took us up on our offer :confused3

I know how much our kids love getting them. :cool1:

Hi! If this offer is still standing I'd LOVE for you to send our kids a post card. I tried to PM you but it won't let me. It is telling me I only have 2 posts and I need to have 10 before pming LOL. Maybe you could pm me and I could reply to you??

jenjen212
06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I noticed that not many people have posted on this in awhile.

I won't be there til August 1 for a week. I love doing this type of stuff. If any one is going after August, or later in August. I think this is such a cute idea. Let me know, and I can pick up a post card for your lil one. Just let me know the favorite character, name, address to be mailed, etc.

w-family
07-13-2010, 02:25 PM
I am heading down in August and I can send three postcards. Just PM me with your child's name, favorite character, address and of there is anything special you want me to mention!

My DH and I love doing this. We have sent cards back the past 5 times we went and had people do it for our kids too! If you have never had it done, the look on your kids face is priceless!

This past Christmas we had a letter sent from Disney (by a very nice DIS Boarder) inviting our kids to travel down a few weeks later in Jan, it was the perfect way to tell them about the trip! :hippie:

ilovejsparrow
08-01-2010, 10:50 AM
I'll be in WDW the week of 12/12, and would be happy to send a few postcards! PM me and send me some info that would make the card extra special for your child :)

scotlass
09-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I know Im over seas but if anyone is going in the next week or so would you consider sendin cards to my DS and DN & DN ??

We have done this before and would love to send cards again,we will be " Home " October 8th till 22nd.

Please let me bring a little Disney magic to your wee one's !!!

3pletprincesses
09-23-2010, 09:36 AM
If someone would like to send my girls a card it would be awesome.we are going at the end of October and I'm sure they would like the invite from the princesses to come see them. Pm me please!

disneymom727
10-10-2010, 04:39 PM
We participated in this a few years ago when my son was younger. He enjoyed getting his postcard so much! I enjoyed sending one almost as much since I knew the child receiving it would be so excited.

We are looking for one for our DS8 and DD3. If anyone (or 2 different people) would like to do this for my kids we'd appreciate it. We are going in mid Nov. PM me and I can give you the details. We'll be more than happy to send 2 as well.

Thanks! :goodvibes

cutie_dinokun
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi! I've been visiting this site for a while looking up valuable info but this is actually my 1st post because I find this thread special and meaningful. My guy and I will be heading to Disney World for our 2nd visit on Dec 1 and would absolutely love to do something special around Christmas time and send postcards to a few kids to make their day =). :santa:

I can send about 3 postcards so please feel free to let me know if you want me to send one to your child. =)

However........i need some help here.......this will be my 1st time doing this and would like to know will I be able to get stamps and mail it in one of the theme parks? I'm not staying on site so I don't think I can send it off from one of the Disney resorts......=/

Oh one more thing....please let me know before I leave for my trip as I probably won't be using the internet =)

ExplorerHD
03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
good info

ChamJos
04-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I think this thread is a wonderful idea. Unfortunately, I just found it so I will have to wait until my next visit to send cards.

My question for cutie_dinokun, or anyone who has done this, Did you find out about purchasing postage and mailing from the parks? I believe that you can from an information desk, but it would be nice to know for sure. :confused3

leitadisneyfan
04-25-2011, 01:38 PM
I stayed at POR a few years ago and I was able to do it all at the resort store.

gretchenohar@hotmail
05-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Hi! I've been visiting this site for a while looking up valuable info but this is actually my 1st post because I find this thread special and meaningful. My guy and I will be heading to Disney World for our 2nd visit on Dec 1 and would absolutely love to do something special around Christmas time and send postcards to a few kids to make their day =). :santa:

I can send about 3 postcards so please feel free to let me know if you want me to send one to your child. =)

However........i need some help here.......this will be my 1st time doing this and would like to know will I be able to get stamps and mail it in one of the theme parks? I'm not staying on site so I don't think I can send it off from one of the Disney resorts......=/

Oh one more thing....please let me know before I leave for my trip as I probably won't be using the internet =)

When I've done this in the past, I purchased postcard stamps at the Post Office before my trip.
I made up a list of the people (with their addresses) who requested postcards along with their favorite characters. Some people requested that I say something special like "I'm looking forward to helping you celebrate your birthday at WDW this year. Love, Mickey"
Once we got to WDW I purchased postcards then addressed & stamped them.
We were staying on-site, so I just asked the front desk to mail them.
I don't know if there was a special postmark - but I'm pretty sure you could mail them anywhere in FL and most people (kids) wouldn't even notice!

Now, if there is anyone interested in sending a postcard to my grandson (age 8) or granddaughter (age 5) within the next month or so, I would be very grateful.
We'll be spending Aug 2 - 12 at WDW this year.
I'd be happy to do the same while we're there. Please feel free to respond to this thread or PM me.
Gretchen

GatorMama
05-26-2011, 10:13 AM
For people interested in this, there is a better list on the Families board. Look for "Fairy Godmailers."

Susiesnowflake
11-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Have been searching for the pay it forward board. Finally found this. Heading over to the Families Board now and Fairy Godmailers. ALways loved being able to send out postcards while at WDW.

bb7877
11-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I stayed at POR a few years ago and I was able to do it all at the resort store.

Same with us as well...

HesATramp
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi all!

I have a request for anyone who is interested in participating. I was contacted by a friend of mine last week that a friend of hers who was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago is going through a rough patch, and that her birthday is this Friday. She started an online "birthday party" on Facebook requesting her friends and her friends' friends, etc. to send this girl a birthday card for her 26th birthday. At the moment, there are 10,000 people worldwide invited to the event!!!!

Like all of us on here, this girl is a Disney fanatic, and I thought that we could get some postcards signed and sent to her from various characters. I know that her favorite character is Cinderella.

If anyone is interested, PLEASE PM me, and I'll send you the details. Keep in mind, though, that I'll be leaving this Friday to head down, so I won't be able to respond to PMs after Thursday!!!!

Until next time,
John

ilovejsparrow
05-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Time to revive this awesome thread!!

I'll be visiting WDW in August and would love to send a few postcards! PM me if you'd like me to send one for you :)

HesATramp
12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Hi all!!!

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to do some postcard mailing for me. We will be taking SEVERAL newbies down when we go to the World in February, and thought it would be neat for them to receive a postcard from a character!

If you are willing to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it; as I'm sure they would as well! PM me for the names and addresses!

Thanks in advance!

Until next time,
John

goofydad621
04-14-2013, 04:54 PM
This speaks wonders about the folks here on the Dis boards
I started the original of this thread I think in 2007 and it is still going.

Makes me believe in pixie dust :goodvibes

Thanks everybody

Goofydad

FlaNani
04-27-2013, 06:45 AM
This is an amazing thread, it needs to be kept alive.

I would be more than happy to send a couple of cards, but I have a question..... Are these just cards that are handwritten by the sender in the name of the character or are we suppose to have the actual character sign the card? Please let me know.

cpetersen
08-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Would love to have a postcard sent to my kids before our trip in October! What an awesome idea, would love to return the favor when we are there as well.

kelowatt
10-30-2013, 03:05 AM
I'm going in 16 days, and I absolutely love sending postcards.

In fact, my one travel tip that I haven't seen anywhere else is to buy blank mailing labels and then either print or write the addresses of people you plan to send postcards to on the labels and keep them in a baggie in your purse/backpack/ect. Then when you go to send the postcard you can just slap the label on it and it saves time. Throw some postcard stamps and a decent pen in the baggie an you are good to go.

At any rate, feel free to drop me a line if you want me to send a postcard to someone

to be tink
02-08-2014, 01:05 PM
We will be there in 2 weeks and I would be happy to send some postcards!! Just message me the info :goodvibes

momof2buffalo
03-04-2014, 06:31 PM
We will be there in May and will do the same of sent a message!

DisneyDreaming48
04-24-2014, 06:57 AM
Every year I go, I send about 5 or 6 postcards for kids or someone who has a special love for Disney. My children are now grown, so I love having others to do this for.

I'll be heading back to my favorite place in 12 days. So if you would like someone to receive a postcard, please send me a message. I'll post back here once I can no longer accept anymore.

Let me know their favorite place or character at Disneyworld and I'll do my very best to find a card that will be the best fit. I do try to get the actual character to sign the card, but sometimes its not always possible. I do mail them from Disneyworld, so the postmark helps with the fun of receiving it.

Also if there is something special you want written on the card, just let me know...I aim to make this special for your child or special person.

indigoxtreme
04-26-2014, 09:23 PM
This will be my 5th time doing this. It is so much fun. I can send 10 cards or so out. Let me know if there is someone special you would like to receive a card. Child or Adult it doesnt matter. Will be there May 24th through 6-1
PM me the name address favorite character and anything special that only Mickey or Tinkerbelle etc would know.

levenhopper
08-28-2014, 02:36 AM
I'd be glad to help spread some magic. I'm an AP holder living less than ten minutes from the parks so I'd be happy to go whenever someone has a need.

Just PM me a name, address, general age range, and favorite character and I'll get it in the mail ASAP!

aprilp
09-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Hope someone sees this even though this thread is quite old....I would like to do this for a friend who will be going to WDW a month after me. I've never done it, so not sure how it works. I know I can get a postcard in WDW, and someone said that there are CMs at the resorts who know how to sign like the characters, but I dont know how it works exactly. Do you bring postage, or do they have WDW postage there? Do you drop it in the mailbox on Main Street, or can you do it at your resort, etc.?

Mollekro
10-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks for passing on the magic!!
I wish I knew about this earlier!

aprilp
11-16-2014, 08:52 AM
For anyone who happens to come across this thread and has the same questions I had a couple of post ago, here is what i did. I bought a postcard and postage at my hotel, Port Orleans Riverside. I looked up signatures online and tried to replicate them in case the child later got an autograph from that character(so he couldnt say, 'hey, that doesnt look like the other one')...but I did notice that all the signatures I saw online were slightly different from one another so I figured his mom could always tell him that his signature was never the same so why would he expect Mickey's to be, lol. I did ask at the hotel if anyone knew how to sign like Mickey but they didn't have anyone. Probably would have been better to ask at guest services at one of the parks or something. I didn't stand in Mickey's line because the lines were huge and I was with other adults who didn't know the child and wouldn't have understood waiting an hour to get a signature. I couldn't get back to MK to mail the card as i forgot to get it prior to us going to MK, so I mailed it from Port Orleans' mailbox instead (located in the gift shop), though I wish I'd had time to mail it from MK as it would have said main street, etc. Anyway, the childwas plenty happy with it as it was (his mom said he kept it by his bed and told it at night, "I can't wait to see you either, Mickey", so it all went well considering it was my first time and it was a rookie attempt.