PDA

View Full Version : How many Minnesota DVCs out there? I know of a few...

dianeschlicht
01-25-2001, 03:21 AM
I know I have run into a few Minnesota DVC members along the way, but how many of us are there on this board? I would expect quite a few of us "Minnesnowtans" would like to get away to Disney now and then!!

Just log in and let me know if you are a Disney and DVC nut too! :D

Disneydiane

one_cat
01-25-2001, 05:28 AM
We're from MN.

Children are like phonecalls - they always come in pairs.

Patabel
01-25-2001, 05:48 AM
We're DVC newbies, just closing last October and making our first DVC trip to BWV this May. We are so excited.

My entire family (DH and DD) are all Disney nuts (though not to the extreme that I am! :D ), and have visited WDW many, many times. But we are sooooo looking forward to this next trip!

buckylarue
01-25-2001, 06:29 AM
We just bought in last October (to BWV) too, and had our first visit as DVC members at OKW last month. Doing 5 nights next December at 'home'for my birthday, then 3 nights the following March at the Grand Californian for my partner's birthday. Really looking forward to both trips!!

'We're all here because we're not all there!'
Bucky LaRue

Disneyland 1956,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,70,75,77,78,84, 86,89,99
WDW 79,81,83,91,92,94,95,96(3x),97,98,99,00

dianeschlicht
01-25-2001, 07:22 AM
You will learn to start taking longer trips though! We took a 10 night trip in Dec. and loved the liesurly time in the parks. The only thing I would have done differently, was have our guests at the beginning of the trip instead of the end! They had us going like commandos the last few days! :eek:

Disneydiane

DisMN
01-25-2001, 07:53 AM
*waving arms wildly about*

Me Me Me Me.....well US us us us us ..........DH and I bought a year ago and have been to the World twice with DVC.

Nice to meet other Minnesotan DVCers!

I KNOW there's at least ONE more out there from MN.

dianeschlicht
01-25-2001, 07:55 AM
Well, we have 4 checked in now, but I know we have more! :D

Disneydiane

CarolMN
01-25-2001, 08:20 AM
My husband and I bought into DVC in December, 1999 (and I wish we would have done it a long time ago, too). So far, I've been twice on points and my husband once. I went for a too short long weekend with my DSIL in a studio. My DH & I took our DD and my parents just a few weeks ago. Wish we were still there - that 2 Bdrm was heavenly.

CarolMN

dianeschlicht
01-25-2001, 08:37 AM
Were you at OKW or BWV? We are OKW members, and have not yet stayed at any other DVC resorts. Love those OKW points!!!! :D

Disneydiane

WiseGirl
01-25-2001, 10:01 AM
... but DH is not a "native". We bought BWV in March of 1999 and have added on both OKW and BWV points since then. We stayed at OKW for a week this past December and are headed to Vero, DCL, and BWV in a little over a week. :D Our first trip to Vero and first DCL cruise and all of it on points! Buying DVC was a wonderful thing - we need to use up our points so it is a great reason to escape the cold and snow! Amazing how the number of trips to Florida has increased since we bought DVC, especially when it is cold. I actually love to stay here in the summer!!

There are LOTS of MN DISers - the Community board had a MN survey a couple months ago and lots of people responded. Not sure how many MN DVC members frequent this board, but I know that I've seen more than 4 or 5!

alexandmaddie
01-25-2001, 10:19 AM
We're also from MN. We bought 150 points at OKW in 1998 and 150 more at BWV in 2000. We leave for out next trip Feb. 28th, 12 days in a 1 bdrm at BWV. Can't wait!!!

1985 Off-site
1997 All Star Music
1998 All Star Music
1999 Boardwalk
2000 Old Key West
2001 Boardwalk

mnlovesdisney
01-25-2001, 10:55 AM
More Minnesotans here. We bought 220 OKW points in 1998. We just got back from a Disney vacation using points where we stayed four days at OKW,took a three day Disney cruise, and then spent one night at HH before driving to Atlanta for flight home. We have found it is much cheaper to fly in to Atlanta than Orlando and car rental is cheaper in Atlanta as well, so we we do this on occasion. Prior to this last trip we have had a grand villa at OKW once and been to HH twice. We are tentatively planning an adults only Disney trip with a few of our friends as guests in October of this year. So far we have only taken our trips in the winter to escape the cold and snow, but DD is getting to old to take out of school for trips so future trips with kids are going to have to be in summer or during spring break(so requiring more points). What a great deal this DVC is!!!

Stay warm fellow Minnesotans!

okwmiester
01-25-2001, 11:13 AM
I remember signing up when they said there were only 13 families from Minnesota. I wonder what the total is now? We originally bought 230 from OKW and recently added on with Hilton Head. We alson live South of the River near Prior Lake.

I can't believe it was colder in Florida on New Years Eve than it was in Minnesota????

CarolMN
01-25-2001, 02:03 PM
Hi, Diane - We're BWV DVC'rs. I am looking forward to trying OKW in the future. Love the idea of a peaceful place to "wind down" after a busy day in the parks. But also love being able to walk to MGM and EPCOT and not having to hassle with renting a car - all those extra "fees and taxes" make me crazy! Want to try VB & HHI sometime, too. Still thinking about VWL - they look very nice, but we spend most of our time at EPCOT and MGM. Hope you have a good time in Hawaii!

Carol

Sam60
01-25-2001, 05:32 PM
My wife and I just baught into BW three months ago, and have our first stay planned in May.

SueM in MN
01-25-2001, 05:59 PM
Some more Minnesotans here (can you tell from my name?). We started going to WDW each year in 1986 (when we were in Wisconsin, our native state). We bought in to OKW in March of 1993..

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES (http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=38009194)

schucrew
01-25-2001, 06:04 PM
Count us among the Minnesota DVC'ers! We bought the minimum number of points at BWV in December 98 and have added on twice. We've made 3 trips to the World in the last year, so it'll be another year before we can go back. :( We brought friends and family with each time. It is so much fun to share our DVC with everyone. But since they were all Disney newbies, we were kind of in commando mode! Our next trip will just be the two of us, so will be more relaxed.
It's fun to hear from all the other Minnesotans! Anyone else from "up North"

dianeschlicht
01-26-2001, 05:15 AM
Some of you live VERY close to me. OKWmeister, send me an email at <daire@doglover.com>. I think you are a very close neighbor!

I envey those of you who are going yet this year. We took 3 trips in 2000 (29 days), but borrowd points from 2001 for Hawaii, so we wont get to go until January 2002 now :( I am having withdrawal big time!! :eek: We have friends who just bought a resale at OKW after they traveled with us last year. We plan to do some combinations with them again, so both our points will stretch. :D

Welcome all, hope some more check in! :) ºoº

Disneydiane

caverill
01-26-2001, 09:33 AM
We joined in October and will be taking our first DVC visit in three weeks!

Clark Averill

DxL 95
DL 97
Off-Site 98-Courtyard/DD
DxL 00
Joined DVC - Sept 00
BWV - Feb 01

dianeschlicht
01-26-2001, 10:52 AM
I'm glad to see the MN members aren't all clustered around the big metro area. Let's keep signing in!! :)

Disneydiane

3princesses
01-26-2001, 05:31 PM
Hi there fellow Minnesotans! Hi especially to Andover and Shoreview...anyone grow up in the northern suburbs? We're less than a year into DVC, and trying Vero for the first time in February.

Have a good night!

Kristin

mnlovesdisney
01-26-2001, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the board. You will find a lot of great information here. I grew up in Blaine and graduated from high school there in 1982. We are now in very northern limits of metro area in Isanti County. :)

dianeschlicht
01-27-2001, 02:48 AM
We made this into a "hot topic"! Let's keep it going! :D

Disneydiane

dianeschlicht
01-28-2001, 05:07 AM
Gotta believe there are more! :)

Disneydiane

rkdahl
01-28-2001, 07:52 AM
Hi! We're down here in Minnesota's southern Sun belt, Rochester!

We have been members at OKW since '94 and loving every minute of it. We've been able to have a great time ourselves and many special vacations with family and friends.

Glad to see so many other fellow Minnesotan's around. Have a great day!

Keith

DisMN
01-28-2001, 09:04 PM
Schucrew..........I'm way up north too. I'm on 'da Range, in Virginia to be more exact.
Where are you at?

Email me if you'd like.......it's your NAME that I find interesting. *i'll tell you when/if you email me! LOL*

And I saw someone from Blaine? I grew up in Anoka OH so many years ago. Lots of family still there and even a few in the Coon Rapids/Blaine neighborhood.

drommer0
01-29-2001, 03:44 PM
We've been DVC members since '97. Just returned from the Jan. 13th Magic. OKW is our home. Love being a Disney addict. Didn't know we had fellow DVCers so close to home.

jonb
01-29-2001, 04:02 PM
I am from the Orlando area but am thinking of relocating to that area does that count. LOL But why I still am not sure.

http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll/c/Content/f/ViewProperty/siteid/gNRC/contentclass/PICT/contentid/YZZZZZZO/propertyname/File/v/MwtoPqPAF5EvAYSQ1SnR1~/toft1.jpg

SueM in MN
01-29-2001, 06:40 PM
jonb, you might want to re-consider relocating. We are having freezing rain tonight and are supposed to get 1 to 3 inches on snow tomorrow on top of the 1/4 inch of freezing rain.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES (http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=frm&s=40009993&f=38009194)

pugdog
01-29-2001, 09:27 PM
just got back from BWV on sat. And we froze our behinds off. It was almost warmer up here then it was down there, and then the 4000+ fire going on down there glad were home. But going again this fall sometime.

dianeschlicht
01-30-2001, 06:41 AM
Sorry, I forgot how you spelled your handle. You are not far from us, and you joined about the same time we did. I hope you enjoy your DVC as much as we do!

So glad to see so many of us still checking in! I knew there had to be more of us out there. After that snow and ice last night, I think I would take the smoke from the fires! :eek:

Disneydiane

goofeyshell
01-30-2001, 10:49 AM
We're from the northern part of the state, bought in January and are leaving for sunny Disney in one week!!!!!

dianeschlicht
01-30-2001, 11:10 AM
I ENVY YOU!! We can't go again until next January because of borrowd points for an exchange. Oh well, I will just have to bite the bullet and go to Hawaii instead! :D

Have a great time and say "hi" to the mouse from Minnesota!ºoº

Disneydiane

MnParrothead
01-30-2001, 02:14 PM
I'm a new DVC member as of last October. We stayed at Vero Beach a couple of days before our Dec. cruise.

P.S. So what do you think about the weather? The slushy roads are supposed to freeze tonight.

P.P.S. Does anyone know how to shrink my Lady and the Tramp picture? I know that new rules were instituted a couple of months ago about the size of graphics.

http://disneyclipart.simplenet.com/Movies/Lady_and_the_Tramp/lad-tra03.gif

MnParrothead
01-30-2001, 02:17 PM
Forget about my P.P.S. It looks like they took off my graphic.

http://disneyclipart.simplenet.com/Movies/Lady_and_the_Tramp/lad-tra03.gif

DisMN
01-30-2001, 06:56 PM
how FAR north of Duluth is the question!

Are you my neighbor? LOL LOL

dianeschlicht
01-31-2001, 05:38 AM
Obviously we all have cabin fever up here! We could all use a trip WDW about now to escape this "winter wonderland?" s..., er snow! :D

Disneydiane

marlogood
01-31-2001, 08:14 AM
I'm from Lake Forest, Illinois, but my "significant other" is from Austin, MN. (Spamtown USA!).

We've been DVC BWV members since 6/99. Leaving for our next trip on 2/13! Cant wait!

dianeschlicht
01-31-2001, 12:37 PM
Did we send that freezing rain/snow/slush down your way when it left here? We have a beautiful day today, but now it is going to go below zero again.

Disneydiane

SueM in MN
01-31-2001, 07:09 PM
The clip art doesn't work because the server for the clip art doesn't allow us to link to it anymore. So all you get is the little icon that says there is a graphic there. If you go to the Community Board or the technical Board, i think there is help on getting your clip art put onto a website where you can use it. (That's about as technical as I get). ?

SueM in MN

goofeyshell
02-01-2001, 03:07 AM
We're from the Iron Range.

dianeschlicht
02-01-2001, 04:39 AM
You guys might be getting a big tax break if Jesse gets his bill passed. You could get by with no income, sales, or property tax if you are in the right area up there! We joked last night about moving north when we retire! :)

Disneydiane

DisMN
02-01-2001, 07:59 AM
me too Goofeyshell, me too.

We should have a mini DVC meet someday. We could meet at the Thunderbird Mall! LOL

Glad to meet an Iron Ranger who's into Disney! I didn't know there were others like us out there.

dianeschlicht
02-02-2001, 04:00 AM
Maybe we can all get together for a "minnie..sota" DIS meet some cold year. We can all get our stays in a our nice warmer than MN DVC accommodations and enjoy WDW in the winter together!! :D

Disneydiane

drommer0
02-02-2001, 07:00 AM
We try to go to OKW during this week of the year. Daughter is off of school usually on Monday because of the holiday and also Friday, teacher workshop--end of semester. She only misses three days of school. there is usually no lectures plus she is a good student or we wouldn't do this. Also points for OKW are at their lowest and the temps in MN are also at their lowest. Good time to get out.

buckylarue
02-02-2001, 07:13 AM
We generally go around my birthday (12/8) for a week, altho this year we're just doing 5 nights at BWV and saving the rest of our points to do 3 nights at the Grand Californian the following March for my partner's birthday. We'll still be in MN for the worst of the winter, but it'll go by pretty quick with planning for the March trip once we're back from the December one and the holidays are over!

'We're all here because we're not all there!'
Bucky LaRue

Disneyland 1956,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,70,75,77,78,84, 86,89,99
WDW 79,81,83,91,92,94,95,96(3x),97,98,99,00

dianeschlicht
02-03-2001, 03:30 AM
Love your signature! Wow, you have taken lots of trips! I thought we were badl, but you have it worse! :D

Disneydiane

goofeyshell
02-04-2001, 03:18 AM
What time is your usual flight out of MN and what is the first thing you do when you get to Dis. ;)

dianeschlicht
02-04-2001, 02:24 PM
We usually leave on the 7:30 A.M. flight for NWA and usually go to Epcot for the afternoon and evening. We try to get PS for Teppanyaki dining rooms for that first night and enjoy Illuminations before going to the room. We usually pre-check in and call for our room number before we leave the park. We try to grocery shop on the way from the airport and save getting cold items for the next day.

Disneydiane

infobahn
02-04-2001, 05:44 PM
We just bought into OKW (while staying at HH).
We never really visited OKW, but have stayed at PO and elsewhere, so we know we will be okay.

Just booked a trip on the DCL Magic in April! Looking forward to having my picture taken with Mickey, again.

Robb :D

dianeschlicht
02-05-2001, 03:36 AM
Welcome to the group!! You aren't that far from me. We LOVE OKW! Some friends we took with us last year when we went to the Millennium New Years Eve celbration, just bought a resale at OKW too. They are multiple timeshare owners, so thought it was a good deal. :) :cool: ºoº

Disneydiane

dianeschlicht
02-12-2001, 03:10 AM
just buming to see if there is any one else out there. :)

Disneydiane