PDA

View Full Version : Castaway postcard

1stdisneycruise
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
I was wondering if any of you have ever sent a postcards from castaway cay.

If so how long did it take to get deleivered?

The reason I ask is that we have mailed postcards from both trips before and mailed on the ship and we have never got them. I guess they got lost at sea:rotfl2:

We think it would be cool to do it aslong as we get them :cool1:

Plus I know you got to take cash for postcards and stamps there.
How much were the postcards and stamps or anything else offered there?

King Charming
01-22-2009, 08:11 AM
When we went last April, it took 15 days for our self addressed post card to get here.
Stamps were either 50 or 65 cents, depending of the size/weight of the mail, and yes, they only take cash at the post office.

1stdisneycruise
01-22-2009, 06:33 PM
When we went last April, it took 15 days for our self addressed post card to get here.
Stamps were either 50 or 65 cents, depending of the size/weight of the mail, and yes, they only take cash at the post office.

Thank you so much. Did you buy post cards also if so how much are they? I here if you take a $20.00 they can not break it. I will justtake enough:cheer2:

SILLYANDI
01-22-2009, 06:45 PM
The postcards are available at She Sells (purchase with your KTTW) for $2 I think, stamps were 50 cents each (cash only at the post office). We sent ours on Dec 19th and got it Jan 20th...

kcashner
01-22-2009, 07:20 PM
They seem to be getting faster--ours took 6-8 weeks on different cruises.

You will definitely want to take small bills or change. It's not that they won't take a $20 bill. The problem is that depending on when you get there, they may not be able to make change for you.

Cruisin
01-22-2009, 08:01 PM
We have sent plenty of postcards from Castaway Cay and have not had a problem with them arriving....... eventually;)

If you look in the desk drawer in your cabin there are usually one or two postcards there waiting for you to make use of them.

I always send one home to ourselves, with the date and who was on the cruise at that time.

Makes a nice keepsake.

1stdisneycruise
01-23-2009, 11:57 PM
We have sent plenty of postcards from Castaway Cay and have not had a problem with them arriving....... eventually;)

If you look in the desk drawer in your cabin there are usually one or two postcards there waiting for you to make use of them.

I always send one home to ourselves, with the date and who was on the cruise at that time.

Makes a nice keepsake.

Great I will make sure to look in our drawers. What do they look like just plan or do they have the ship on them or a charter?

I love free things.

Plus I will stop at the she shells now. We love postcards the quality is much better then reg. photos:scratchin